About the Philips Hue White Starter Kit (1100 lumens)
Bored with your old-fashioned bulbs? Smarten up your lighting with this Philips Hue White Starter Kit. The two included bulbs are a standard size that fit most common light fixtures. They turn on instantly, and brightness is adjustable up to 1100 lumens (roughly equivalent to a 75-watt incandescent bulb). Plus you can control them in almost any way you want.
This starter kit makes it easy to add smart lighting to your home.
Easy app control
You can control the bulbs right out of the box with the Philips Bluetooth app, but to get the most out of them, you'll want to set up the included Philips Hue Bridge.
With the Bridge acting as the hub of your system, you'll be able to use the Hue mobile app to adjust brightness from wherever you are, right from the palm of your hand. You can also set timers and create schedules.
Or use your voice
You can control your lighting system hands-free if you've got a voice assistant. This Hue kit works with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, and Google Home. That means you can turn your lights on or off, dim them, and recall your favorite presets just by asking. As an iPhone user, I love that I can control my Hue system from my lockscreen.
Even more control options
Operating your lights with an app or your voice is fun, but you might find that some members of the household prefer a good old fashioned wall switch. If so, you can pick up a Hue dimmer or wall switch module. Or, if you've got a lot of smart gadgets you want to easily operate from one place, try replacing a wall outlet with a Brilliant Smart Home Control.
Expand your Hue system — indoors and out
This starter pack comes with two white bulbs, but the included bridge can actually control up to 50 Hue bulbs, so you can mix and match. Pick up a color-capable bulb or lamp, and your mood lighting options will expand by 16 million colors. I just added a filament bulb to my Hue system because the retro look was perfect for my library. The Play Light Bar is great if you want to up your entertainment game in the living room. Or expand out into your deck or yard with a flexible Lightstrip.
- includes two Hue smart LED light bulbs and a wireless bridge
- remotely control your bulbs through the free Philips Hue app for Apple® and Android™
- compatible with:
Philips Hue light bulbs (x2):
- A19 form factor with E26 base fits most light fixtures
- can be controlled hub-free from within the same room using free Hue Bluetooth app
- adjustable brightness up to 1100 lumens
- color temperature: 2700K (warm white)
- instant-on means no waiting for bulb to warm up
- 10.5 watts (roughly equivalent to a 75-watt incandescent bulb)
- rated for approximately 25,000 hours of use
- connects to your router via Ethernet cable
- enables wireless remote control of your smart lighting system with the Philips Hue app
- schedule, group, and control up to 50 Hue devices throughout your home
- operate lights when you are away from home
- set timers, notifications, and alarms
- wireless protocol: Zigbee Light Link
- 3-5/8"W x 3-5/8"W x 1"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 563080
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Philips Hue White Starter Kit (1100 lumens)