About the Philips Hue White Ambiance Starter Kit (1100 lumens)
The right shade for every task
The right shade for every task
Bored with your old-fashioned bulbs? Smarten up your lighting with this Philips Hue White Ambiance Starter Kit. The four included bulbs are a standard size that fit most common light fixtures. They turn on instantly and provide wide range of dimmable white light. Experiment to find your favorite shade of white, or choose from four preset “Recipes” — relax, read, concentrate, and energize — that change the color temperature based on your mood or task. Brightness is adjustable up to 1100 lumens (roughly equivalent to a 75-watt incandescent bulb). Plus you can control them in almost any way you want.
Hue's white ambiance bulbs make it easy to find just the right shade of white light for every mood or task.
Easy app control
You can control the bulbs right out of the box with the Philips Bluetooth app, but to get the most out of them, you'll want to set up the included Philips Hue Bridge.
With the Bridge acting as the hub of your system, you'll be able to use the Hue mobile app to adjust brightness from wherever you are, right from the palm of your hand. You can also set timers and create schedules.
Or use your voice
You can control your lighting system hands-free if you've got a voice assistant. This Hue kit works with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, and Google Home. That means you can turn your lights on or off, dim them, and recall your favorite presets just by asking. As an iPhone user, I love that I can control my Hue system from my lockscreen.
Even more control options
Operating your lights with an app or your voice is fun, but you might find that some members of the household prefer a good old fashioned wall switch. If so, you can pick up a Hue dimmer or wall switch module. Or, if you've got a lot of smart gadgets you want to easily operate from one place, try replacing a wall outlet with a Brilliant Smart Home Control.
Expand your Hue system — indoors and out
This starter pack comes with four white ambiance bulbs, but the included bridge can actually control up to 50 Hue bulbs, so you can mix and match. Pick up a color-capable bulb or lamp, and your mood lighting options will expand by 16 million colors. I just added a filament bulb to my Hue system because the retro look was perfect for my library. The Play Light Bar is great if you want to up your entertainment game in the living room. Or expand out into your deck or yard with a flexible Lightstrip.
- includes four Hue smart LED light bulbs and a wireless bridge
- remotely control your bulbs through the free Philips Hue app for Apple® and Android™
- compatible with:
Philips Hue light bulbs (x4):
- A19 form factor with E26 base fits most light fixtures
- can be controlled hub-free from within the same room using free Hue Bluetooth app
- adjustable brightness up to 1100 lumens
- high-quality light that ranges from warm white to cool daylight
- color temperature: shades of white (2200-6500K)
- instant-on means no waiting for bulb to warm up
- 10.5 watts (roughly equivalent to a 75-watt incandescent bulb)
- rated for approximately 25,000 hours of use
- connects to your router via Ethernet cable
- enables wireless remote control of your smart lighting system with the Philips Hue app
- schedule, group, and control up to 50 Hue devices throughout your home
- operate lights when you are away from home
- set timers, notifications, and alarms
- wireless protocol: Zigbee Light Link
- 3-5/8"W x 3-5/8"W x 1"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 563270
What's in the box:
- 4 White ambiance A19 LED smart lightbulbs (E26 screw base)
- Hue Bridge (ver.2.1)
- AC adapter with attached 59" DC output cord (DC output: 5V 1A)
- 39" Ethernet cable (RJ45 plugs on each end)
- Bridge User Manual (A)
- Legal Manual (B)
- Quick Start Guide (Q)
- Installation Instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Philips Hue White Ambiance Starter Kit (1100 lumens)
Overview: The Philips Hue White Ambiance A19 Starter Kit (#563270) consists of four Wi-Fi controllable LED bulbs and a wireless bridge. You can control the bulbs (turn on/off, dim/brighten, change color temperature) via Bluetooth in a single room, or pair them to the Hue Bridge as part of a whole home smart lighting system. The Hue Personal Wireless Lighting system allows you to set up light schedules, and control the lights when you're away from home. Additional Hue products can be added to the system, up to a maximum of 50 bulbs and 12 Hue accessories that can be controlled by a single bridge.
Note: The bulbs are not suitable for use with external dimmers, photo controls, occupancy sensors, or timing devices. They are designed for indoor use only.
Hue Compatible Products: This Starter Kit not only works within the Philips Hue universe, but is compatible with many third party products, including many of the top voice assistants. Hue products work with Apple HomeKit, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Cortana by Microsoft (bridge required). Using simple voice commands, you can turn the lights on and off, dim or brighten the lights, and set a light scene. In addition, other "Friends of Hue" include IFTTT (If This, Then That), Logitech, Nest, Xfinity, and SmartThings.
Light Bulbs: The four White Ambiance LED bulbs included in this Starter Kit can be used in standard light sockets (Edison E26 screw base). They have an A19 form factor, and are 2.4" at the widest point and 4.4" tall. The bulbs are rated at 10.5 watts and 1100 lumens, with a brightness equivalent to a 75-watt incandescent bulb. Each bulb has an estimated nominal lifetime of 25,000 hours, and up to 50,000 switching cycles. Inside the bulb is a wireless interface that allows you to change the color temperature of the light from warm white to cool daylight (2200K to 6500K). The internal software is automatically upgradable when connected to the Philips Hue bridge. The bulb has a beam angle of 160° (±20°), and instant 100% light output at startup.
Bridge: The Hue Bridge 2.1 is the heart of the Philips Hue system, and can be wall-mounted or placed on a desktop. It connects to your router via the included Ethernet cable, and communicates wirelessly to your smartphone or tablet and the Hue lighting products. It operates on the 2.4GHz band (2400-2483.5 MHz), and Zigbee Light link protocol, and comes with a AC adapter with a 5V 1A DC output. Dimensions: 3.58" x 3.58" x 1.0".
Hue Personal Wireless Lighting: The Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System lets you individually control the lighting products in the system using your smartphone or tablet. Three types of Philips Hue lights are available: White and Color Ambiance, White Ambiance (this starter kit), and White. Through the Hue app, and with the right Hue products, you can do the following:
- Paint With Light: You can choose from 16-million colors to light, or change the look of, your room. Your favorite light settings can be saved for later recall. (Requires Color Ambiance bulbs)
- Sync Lights With Movies, Games, or Music: The lights can be synchronized to change with the scenes in a movie or video game, or pulse to the beat of your music. (Third party apps may be required.)
- Create An Ambience: The app lets you use different shades of white or color light to create an ambience. The bulbs can produce shades of light from energizing cool daylight to relaxing warm white light, an virtually any color you desire.
- Light Mood Presets: Preset light moods let you instantly change the lights in the room to fit the moment. Optimal settings are available for reading, relaxing, concentrating, and energizing.
- Wake Up: Gradually increasing light intensity helps to gently wake you up with light, similar to the natural light of the morning sun.
- Light Schedules: The lights can be programmed to come on and go off at a preset time, including lighting rooms at different times. At night, you can let the lights turn off gradually, so you don't have to worry about leaving lights on.
- Remote Lighting Control: When you're away from home, you can turn lights on or off from your smartphone. You can also check the status of your lights when you're not there.
- Geofencing: When the bridge detects that your smartphone is within a certain distance, it will automatically turn lights on or off. For example, as you approach your house, your lights will automatically turn on so you won't have to enter a dark room. (Third party apps may be required.)
Wi-Fi Control: The A19 bulb Starter Kit can be used to create a Hue lighting system. The free Philips Hue app (iOS 13.0 or later, Android 8.0 and up) lets you control the lights wirelessly from your smartphone or tablet. The system lets you set up light schedules, and control the lights when you're away from home. Up to 50 Hue products can be controlled by a single bridge.
Bluetooth Control: In addition to Wi-Fi control through the Hue Bridge, this bulb is also controllable via Bluetooth without the Bridge. Bluetooth control requires the Philips Hue Bluetooth app. The Hue Bluetooth app lets you control up to 10 lights in a single room, to create the perfect ambiance in the room. You can choose from up to 30 light scenes, or control each light bulb individually. You must be within 30 feet of the lights you're trying to control. The Hue Bluetooth app is available for iOS (12.0 or later) and Android devices (7.0 and up).
Voice Control: The Hue A19 bulb can be controlled by voice commands through your favorite Voice Assistant. The lightstrip is compatible with Siri (Apple HomeKit), Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant.
Note: Voice Control requires wireless connection to the Hue Bridge.
- Fitting: E26 (Edison screw base)
- Form Factor: A19
- Input Voltage: 110V - 130V
- Estimated Lifetime: 25,000 hours
- Light Output: 2200K to 6500K (warm white to cool daylight)
- Lumen Output: 1100 lm at 4000K (equivalent to a 75-watt incandescent bulb)
- Maximum Operation Power: 10.5W
- Maximum Standby Power: 0.2W
- Number of Switching Cycles: 50,000
- Startup: Instant 100% light output
- Dimensions: Diameter 2.439" Height 4.429"
- Weight: 2.75 ounces