About the Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance Starter Kit (1100 lumens)
Brighten up your home
Brighten up your home
Bored with your old-fashioned bulbs? Spice things up with this Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance Starter Kit. It has everything you need to add a smart lighting system to your home. The four included bulbs are a standard size that fit most common light fixtures. But unlike those old bulbs, these smart LED bulbs let you choose from over 16 million colors and 50,000 shades of cool to warm white light. Brightness is adjustable up to 1100 lumens (roughly equivalent to a 75-watt incandescent bulb).
Select just the right color for every situation or mood.
Easy app control
This kit includes the Philips Hue Bridge which will be the hub of your Hue smart lighting system.
After you set everything up, you'll be able to use the Hue mobile app to select color and brightness, right from the palm of your hand. Use it from anywhere in your home, or even when you're not at home.
You can also set timers and create routines. For example, a “wake up” routine gradually increases the brightness in your bedroom to mimic the effect of sunrise. That sure beats the buzz of an alarm clock.
Or use your voice
You can control your lighting system hands-free if you've got a voice assistant. This Hue kit works with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, and Google Home. That means you can turn your lights on or off, dim them, and recall your favorite presets just by asking. As an iPhone user, I love that I can control my Hue system from my lockscreen.
Even more control options
Operating your lights with an app or your voice is fun, but you might find that some members of the household prefer a good old fashioned wall switch. If so, you can pick up a Hue dimmer or wall switch module. Or, if you've got a lot of smart gadgets you want to easily operate from one place, try replacing a wall outlet with a Brilliant Smart Home Control.
Expand your Hue system — indoors and out
This starter pack comes with four white and color ambiance bulbs, but the included bridge can actually control up to 50 Hue bulbs, so you can mix and match. I just added a filament bulb to my Hue system because the retro look was perfect for my library. The Play Light Bar is great if you want to up your entertainment game in the living room. Or expand out into your deck or yard with a flexible Lightstrip.
- includes four Hue smart LED light bulbs and a wireless bridge
- choose from 16 million colors or 50,000 shades of cool to warm white light to match any mood or event
- remotely control your bulbs through the free Philips Hue app for Apple® and Android™
- choose from preset light recipes or select your own custom shades
- schedule lights to come on when you're away
- set timers, notifications, and alarms
- compatible with:
- add optional Hue Sync Box to sync your lights with what you're watching for immersive experiences
- standard A19/E26 bulbs fit most common light fixtures
- instant control with Bluetooth
- adjustable brightness up to 1100 lumens
- 10.5 watts (roughly equivalent to a 75-watt incandescent bulb)
- approximately 25,000 hours of use per bulb
- instant-on means no waiting for bulb to warm up
- 2-7/16"W x 4-5/16"H x 2-7/16"D
- warranty: 3 years
- connects to your router via Ethernet cable for wireless control of your smart lighting system via your mobile device
- allows control via Philips Hue app for Apple and Android
- controls up to 50 Hue bulbs and 12 lighting accessories
- set timers, notifications, and alarms
- communication protocol: Zigbee
- 3-5/8"W x 3-5/8"W x 1"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 563296
What's in the box:
- 4 White and Color Ambiance A19 LED smart lightbulbs (E26 screw base)
- Hue Bridge (ver.2.1)
- AC adapter with attached 59" DC output cord (DC output: 5V 1A)
- 39" Ethernet cable (RJ45 plugs on each end)
- Bridge User Manual (A)
- Legal Manual (B)
- Quick Start Guide (Q)
- Installation Instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance Starter Kit (1100 lumens)
Overview: The Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance A19 Starter Kit (#563296) consists of four Wi-Fi controllable LED bulbs and a wireless bridge. You can control the bulbs (turn on/off, dim/brighten, change color) via Bluetooth in a single room, or pair them to the Hue Bridge as part of a whole home smart lighting system. The Hue Personal Wireless Lighting system allows you to set up light schedules, and control the lights when you're away from home. Additional Hue products can be added to the system, up to a maximum of 50 bulbs and 12 Hue accessories that can be controlled by a single bridge.
Note: The bulbs are not suitable for use with external dimmers, photo controls, occupancy sensors, or timing devices. They are designed for indoor use only.
Hue Compatible Products: This Starter Kit not only works within the Philips Hue universe, but is compatible with many third party products, including many of the top voice assistants. Hue products work with Apple HomeKit, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Cortana by Microsoft (bridge required). Using simple voice commands, you can turn the lights on and off, dim or brighten the lights, and set a light scene. In addition, other "Friends of Hue" include IFTTT (If This, Then That), Logitech, Nest, Xfinity, and SmartThings.
Light Bulbs: The four White and Color Ambiance LED bulbs included in this Starter Kit can be used in standard light sockets (Edison E26 screw base). They have an A19 form factor, and are 2.4" at the widest point and 4.4" tall. The bulbs are rated at 10.5 watts and 1100 lumens, with a brightness equivalent to a 75-watt incandescent bulb. Each bulb has an estimated nominal lifetime of 25,000 hours, and up to 50,000 switching cycles. Inside the bulb is a wireless interface that allows you to choose from up to 16-million colors, or change the color temperature of the light from warm white to cool daylight (2200K to 6500K). The internal software is automatically upgradable when connected to the Philips Hue bridge. The bulb has a beam angle of 160° (±20°), and instant 100% light output at startup.
Bridge: The Hue Bridge 2.1 is the heart of the Philips Hue system, and can be wall-mounted or placed on a desktop. It connects to your router via the included Ethernet cable, and communicates wirelessly to your smartphone or tablet and the Hue lighting products. It operates on the 2.4GHz band (2400-2483.5 MHz), and Zigbee Light link protocol, and comes with a AC adapter with a 5V 1A DC output. Dimensions: 3.58" x 3.58" x 1.0".
Hue Personal Wireless Lighting: The Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System lets you individually control the lighting products in the system using your smartphone or tablet. Three types of Philips Hue lights are available: White and Color Ambiance (this starter kit), White Ambiance, and White. Through the Hue app, and with the right Hue products, you can do the following:
- Paint With Light: You can choose from 16-million colors to light, or change the look of, your room. Your favorite light settings can be saved for later recall. (Requires Color Ambiance bulbs)
- Sync Lights With Movies, Games, or Music: The lights can be synchronized to change with the scenes in a movie or video game, or pulse to the beat of your music. (Third party apps may be required.)
- Create An Ambience: The app lets you use different shades of white or color light to create an ambience. The bulbs can produce shades of light from energizing cool daylight to relaxing warm white light, an virtually any color you desire.
- Light Mood Presets: Preset light moods let you instantly change the lights in the room to fit the moment. Optimal settings are available for reading, relaxing, concentrating, and energizing.
- Wake Up: Gradually increasing light intensity helps to gently wake you up with light, similar to the natural light of the morning sun.
- Light Schedules: The lights can be programmed to come on and go off at a preset time, including lighting rooms at different times. At night, you can let the lights turn off gradually, so you don't have to worry about leaving lights on.
- Remote Lighting Control: When you're away from home, you can turn lights on or off from your smartphone. You can also check the status of your lights when you're not there.
- Geofencing: When the bridge detects that your smartphone is within a certain distance, it will automatically turn lights on or off. For example, as you approach your house, your lights will automatically turn on so you won't have to enter a dark room. (Third party apps may be required.)
Wi-Fi Control: The A19 bulb Starter Kit can be used to create a Hue lighting system. The free Philips Hue app (iOS 13.0 or later, Android 8.0 and up) lets you control the lights wirelessly from your smartphone or tablet. The system lets you set up light schedules, and control the lights when you're away from home. Up to 50 Hue products can be controlled by a single bridge.
Bluetooth Control: In addition to Wi-Fi control through the Hue Bridge, this bulb is also controllable via Bluetooth without the Bridge. Bluetooth control requires the Philips Hue Bluetooth app. The Hue Bluetooth app lets you control up to 10 lights in a single room, to create the perfect ambiance in the room. You can choose from up to 30 light scenes, or control each light bulb individually. You must be within 30 feet of the lights you're trying to control. The Hue Bluetooth app is available for iOS (12.0 or later) and Android devices (7.0 and up).
Voice Control: The Hue A19 bulb can be controlled by voice commands through your favorite Voice Assistant. The lightstrip is compatible with Siri (Apple HomeKit), Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant.
Note: Voice Control requires wireless connection to the Hue Bridge.
- Fitting: E26 (Edison screw base)
- Form Factor: A19
- Input Voltage: 110V - 130V
- Estimated Lifetime: 25,000 hours
- Light Output: Up to 16-million colors
- White Light Color Temperature: 2200K to 6500K (warm white to cool daylight)
- Lumen Output: 1100 lm at 4000K (equivalent to a 75-watt incandescent bulb)
- Maximum Operation Power: 10.5W
- Maximum Standby Power: 0.2W
- Number of Switching Cycles: 50,000
- Startup: Instant 100% light output
- Dimensions: Diameter 2.439" Height 4.429"
- Weight: 2.47 ounces