About the Philips Hue White Ambiance Filament Bulb
Vintage style with modern features
Vintage style with modern features
I have a couple of the older Philips Hue Filament bulbs. I love that they offer the modern convenience of an instant-on, dimmable smart bulb, but with distinctive retro style. This updated version also lets you choose the color temperature of your white light — any shade from a warm amber glow to cooler white task lighting.
No Bridge required
One of the only complaints I've heard about Philips Hue bulbs is that you have to have a separate Bridge to control them. Well — not anymore. This new bulb connects to your mobile device using Bluetooth. You can then use the Hue Bluetooth mobile app to control up to ten lights in one room of your home.
Use your voice
You can also control this bulb hands-free if you've got an Amazon Alexa or Google Home device. That means you can turn your light on or off, dim it, and recall your favorite presets just by asking.
Add wall control
Operating your lights with an app or your voice is fun, but you might find that some members of the household prefer a good old fashioned wall switch. If so, you can pick up a Hue dimmer to add a wall-controlled option to your Bluetooth-based system.
Expand your system with a Bridge to do more
If you want to do even more, you can add a Philips Hue Bridge (sold separately). Then, you can use the Hue mobile app to control up to 50 Hue devices — even when you're not at home. The Bridge also adds compatibility with other Hue accessories — like the Tap — and voice control via Apple HomeKit and Microsoft Cortana.
You can also set timers and create routines. For example, a “wake up” routine gradually increases the brightness in your bedroom to mimic the effect of sunrise. That sure beats the buzz of an alarm clock. And if you want to add 16 million color options, check out Hue's collection of White and Color Ambiance products.
- standard A19/E26 bulb fits most common light fixtures
- control up to 10 bulbs in one room with the free Hue Bluetooth app for Apple® and Android™
- high-quality light that ranges from warm white to cool daylight (2200-4500K)
- adjustable brightness up to 550 lumens
- works with the Philips Hue Dimmer Switch
- instant-on means no waiting for bulb to warm up
- light recipes allow easy customization of daily routines
- included presets: relax, read, concentrate, and energize
- add voice control with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant devices (sold separately)
- additional features available with Philips Hue Wireless Bridge (sold separately)
- schedule, group, and control up to 50 Hue devices throughout your home
- operate lights when you are away from home
- set timers, notifications, and alarms
- sync your lights with movies, games, and music for immersive experiences
- voice control with Apple HomeKit (Siri) and Microsoft Cortana
- rated at 7 watts (roughly equivalent to a 40-watt incandescent bulb)
- 2-3/8" diameter x 4-7/16"H
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 563577
What's in the box:
- Filament smart light bulb with E26 Edison base
- Installation instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Philips Hue White Ambiance Filament Bulb
Overview: This Philips Hue LED White Ambiance Filament bulb is a vintage-styled light bulb with a coiled filament for a unique lighting treatment in any room. The bulb can be paired with the Hue Bridge for a full array of features, or connected to your phone or tablet via Bluetooth for basic lighting controls. The bulb's color temperature can be varied from warm white to cool white, and its brightness is dimmable using the Philips Hue App. It has an E26 Edison screw base which allows it to fit in most standard light fixtures.
Wi-Fi Control: The bulb can be added to an existing Hue Personal Wireless Lighting system and combined with other Hue products, such as one of the Starter Kits, with a wireless bridge. The free Philips Hue app (iOS 13.0 or later, Android 8.0 and up) lets you control the lights wirelessly from your smartphone or tablet. The system lets you set up light schedules, and control the lights when you're away from home. Up to 50 Hue products can be added to the system, and controlled by a single bridge.
Bluetooth Control: In addition to Wi-Fi control through the Hue Bridge, this bulb is also controllable via Bluetooth. Bluetooth control requires a separate Philips Hue Bluetooth app. The Hue Bluetooth app lets you control up to 10 lights in a single room, to create the perfect ambiance in the room. You can choose from up to 30 light scenes, or control each light bulb individually. You must be within 30 feet of the lights you're trying to control. The Hue Bluetooth app is available for iOS (12.0 or later) and Android devices (7.0 and up).
Voice Control: Philips Hue lights work with Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant when paired with a compatible Amazon Echo or Google Nest device. It also works with Microsoft Cortana and Apple HomeKit (Hue Bridge required).
Light Bulb: The Hue LED White Ambiance A19 Filament bulb features a coiled filament design to give your light fixtures a vintage look. The bulb is dimmable, and the color temperature is variable from 2200K (warm white) to 4500K (cool white). The bulb has an E26 Edison screw base for use in most standard light fixtures. The internal software is automatically upgradable when connected to the Philips Hue bridge. The bulb is not suitable for use with external dimmers, photo controls, occupancy sensors, or timing devices, and is designed for indoor use only. Specifications of the bulb include:
- Fitting: E26
- Form Factor: A19
- Input Voltage: 110V - 130V
- Color Temperature: 2200K to 4500K
- Lumen Output (at 2700K): 550 lm
- Wattage Equivalent: 40W
- Maximum Operation Power: 7W
- Maximum Standby Power: 0.5W
- Estimated Lifetime: 15,000 hours
- Number of Switching Cycles: 50,000
- Startup: Instant 100% light output
- Dimensions: Diameter 2.343" Height 4.447"
- Weight: 1.35 ounces