- add smart recessed lighting to living rooms, bedrooms, kitchens, or bathrooms
- replaces existing 5"/6" recessed light can with a standard E26 socket
- included adapter with 7" pigtail screws into existing socket
- mounting flange sits flush against ceiling
- requires Philips Hue Wireless Bridge
- remotely control the bulb using the free Philips Hue app for Apple® and Android™
- schedule lights to come on when you're away
- set timers, notifications, and alarms
- adjustable brightness up to 750 lumens
- rated at 9.5 watts
- compatible with:
- rated for approximately 35,000 hours of use
- outer diameter: 7-5/16"; height: 3-3/4"
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 915005567101
What's in the box:
- One 5"/6" recessed LED light fixture
- E26 socket adapter with attached 7" pigtail
- User Manual
- Safety Instructions
- FCC compliance sheet
- Modification warning sticker
- Get Started brochure
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Philips Hue White Ambiance Downlight
Overview: The Philips Hue Downlight is a 5"/6" retrofit recessed light bulb that replaces your incandescent recessed bulb with a Wi-Fi controllable LED light. The Downlight pairs with a Hue Bridge (not included) to let you change the brightness and color temperature using the Philips Hue app on your smartphone or tablet. You can also control the light with your favorite smart voice assistant.
Note: The Downlight is not suitable for use with external dimmers, photo controls, occupancy sensors, or timing devices. It is especially designed for living room or bedroom use, but is also suitable for wet locations.
Hue Compatible Products: The Philips Hue Downlight not only works within the Philips Hue universe, but is compatible with many third party products, including many of the top voice assistants. Hue products work with Apple HomeKit, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Cortana by Microsoft. Using simple voice commands, you can turn the lights on and off, dim or brighten the lights, and set a light scene. In addition, other "Friends of Hue" include IFTTT (If This, Then That), Logitech, Nest, Xfinity, and SmartThings.
Downlight Installation: The 5"/6" Downlight is designed to fit inside an existing 5"/6" recessed lighting "can" with a standard E26 screw socket. The supplied adapter screws into the existing socket and plugs into the back of the bulb. The Downlight inserts into the recessed lighting fixture until the flange is flush with the ceiling. Three spring-loaded clips hold the light firmly in place inside the recessed fixture.
Bulb Specifications: The Philips Hue Downlight white ambiance light is equivalent to a 72-watt traditional incandescent bulb, yet it is rated at only 9.5 watts. It has a 4.561" diameter inner diameter and a 7.294" outer flange diameter, and requires a recessed distance of 3.7". The socket adapter fits into a standard light socket (E26 Edison screw base). The bulb has a light output of 750 lumens with a color temperature that is variable from 2200K (warm white) to 6500K (cool daylight). It has an estimated lifetime of 35,000 hours, and is covered by a 5-year warranty.
Hue Personal Wireless Lighting: The Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System lets you individually control the lighting products in the system using your smartphone or tablet within an existing wireless network. Through the Hue app, and other Hue-compatible products, you can do the following:
- Paint With Light: You can choose from 16-million colors to light, or change the look of, your room. Your favorite light settings can be saved for later recall.
- Sync Lights With Movies or Music: The lights can be synchronized to change with the scenes in a movie, or pulse to the beat of your music. (Third party apps may be required.)
- Create An Ambience: The app lets you use different shades of white light to create an ambience. The bulbs can produce shades of light from energizing cool daylight to relaxing warm white light.
- Light Mood Presets: Preset light moods let you instantly change the lights in the room to fit the moment. Optimal settings are available for reading, relaxing, concentrating, and energizing.
- Wake Up: Gradually increasing light intensity helps to gently wake you up with light, similar to the natural light of the morning sun.
- Light Schedules: The lights can be programmed to come on and go off at a preset time, including lighting rooms at different times. At night, you can let the lights turn off gradually, so you don't have to worry about leaving lights on.
- Remote Lighting Control: When you're away from home, you can turn lights on or off from your smartphone. You can also check the status of your lights when you're not there.
- Geofencing: When the bridge detects that your smartphone is within a certain distance, it will automatically turn lights on or off. For example, as you approach your house, your lights will automatically turn on so you won't have to enter a dark room. (Third party apps required.)