About the Philips Hue White & Color Ambiance Go
Fun and colorful lighting to go
Fun and colorful lighting to go
I have a few Hue White & Color Ambiance bulbs, and I love how easy it is to create a mood with them. It would be even cooler if I could carry that mood from room to room. Well, you can do just that with the Philips Hue Go. It's powered by a built-in rechargeable battery that can last from 2 to 24 hours, depending on the mode you select.
Charge it with the included AC adapter, then take it anywhere you want to add a bit of ambiance. Place it flat on a table for a candlelit effect at dinner or angle it using the integrated foot for a more directional glow. A button on the back lets you cycle through lighting presets like Meditation or Night Adventure so you don't even have to grab your phone.
No Bridge is required to use this light, but you can expand your options when you add one.
No Bridge required
One of the only complaints I've heard about Philips Hue bulbs is that you have to have a separate Bridge to control them. Well — not anymore. The Go connects to your mobile device using Bluetooth. You can then use the Hue Bluetooth mobile app to control up to ten lights in one room of your home. You can choose from 16 million color options or shades of white light ranging from warm white to cool daylight.
Use your voice
You can also control the Go hands-free if you've got an Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant device. That means you can turn your light on or off, dim it, and recall your favorite presets just by asking.
Expand your system with a Bridge to do more
If you want to do even more, you can add a Philips Hue Bridge (sold separately). Then, you can use the Hue mobile app to control up to 50 Hue devices — even when you're not at home. The Bridge also adds compatibility with other Hue accessories — like the Tap — and voice control via Apple HomeKit and Microsoft Cortana.
You can also set timers and create routines. For example, a “wake up” routine gradually increases the brightness in your bedroom to mimic the effect of sunrise. That sure beats the buzz of an alarm clock.
- portable, decorative LED light source with up to 16 million colors
- shades of white light from warm white (2000K) to cool daylight (6500K)
- control up to 10 bulbs in one room with the free Hue Bluetooth app for Apple® and Android™
- adjustable brightness up to 520 lumens
- 9 lighting presets can be selected via a button on the back of the light
- add voice control with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant devices (sold separately)
- additional features available with Philips Hue Wireless Bridge (sold separately)
- schedule, group, and control up to 50 smart lights throughout your home
- operate lights when you are away from home
- set timers, notifications, and alarms
- sync your lights with movies, games, and music for immersive experiences
- voice control with Apple HomeKit (Siri) and Microsoft Cortana
- rated for approximately 20,000 hours of use
- powered by built-in rechargeable battery
- communication protocol: Zigbee and Bluetooth
- 5-15/16" diameter x 3-3/16"H
- weight: 1.38 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 7602031
What's in the box:
- Hue Go portable light
- AC adapter with attached 79" DC output cord (DC output: 12V 1000mA)
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions
- FCC certifications and warranty
Philips Hue White & Color Ambiance Go reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Philips Hue White & Color Ambiance Go
Overview: The Philips Hue Go (7602031U7 - new version) is a small portable light that you can take anywhere to light an area or set a mood. You can choose from several preset colors using the on-board controls, or connect it via Bluetooth or to the Hue Bridge to produce up to 16 million colors using your smartphone or tablet. The Hue Go can be powered by the supplied AC adapter, or on built-in battery power.
Hue Go: The Hue Go White and Color Ambiance lamp can be used as a standalone light with local (on product) control, in-room control via Bluetooth, or whole house control with the Hue Bridge. On its own, the Hue Go has a rear control button that lets you turn it on and off, and select one of nine preset colors or light recipes: Read, Concentrate, Energize, Cozy Candle, Sunday Coffee, Meditation, Enchanted Forest, Relax, and Night Adventure. You can also set the light to cycle through all colors automatically. Using the Philips Hue app, you can choose from any of 16-million colors, and control the light using your voice assistant (Alexa or Google Assistant). The light output is 100% when the Hue Go is connected to AC power, but dims to about 40% when on battery power. The Hue Go light is rated at 520 lumens, which is equivalent to the output of a 43 watt traditional bulb. In addition to the 16-million colors, it can produce white light with color temperatures from warm white (2000K) to cool daylight (6500K). The Hue Go can be placed facing straight upward, or at an angle, using the integrated "foot."
Battery Power: The built-in rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery provides hours of light on a 2-hour charge with the included AC adapter and 6.5' cord. The battery life varies, depending on the color or light recipe you choose:
|Color||Battery Life||Color||Battery Life|
|Cozy Candle||18 hours|
|Night Adventure||12 hours||Dimmed||10 hours|
|Enchanted Forest||10 hours||Relax||4.5 hours|
|Meditation||3 hours||Sunday Coffee||3 hours|
|Read||2.5 hours||Concentrate||2.5 hours|
Bluetooth App Control: The Hue Go features Bluetooth App Control, which allows you to access some features without the Hue Bridge. The Philips Hue Bluetooth App gives you the ability to control up to 10 Bluetooth-enabled lights from up to 30 feet away. You can turn the light on or off, change the color and intensity, and apply Light "recipes" for everyday tasks. You can even control it with your voice through the Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa. The Hue Bluetooth app works with Android devices running version 7.0 and up, and Apple iPhone/iPad/iPod touch with iOS 12.0 or later.
Standard App Compatibility: The standard Philips Hue app is for use with the Hue Bridge, and gives you full home control of your Philips Hue lights. Within the full Hue Lighting System, you can set timers and schedules, control lights away from home, set wake up and go to sleep routines, and sync the lights to your music, movies, and video games. Additional Hue products can be added to the system, up to a maximum of 50 bulbs and 12 Hue accessories that can be controlled by a single bridge. The app is available for Apple devices running iOS 12.0 or watchOS 3.0 or later, or for Android devices -- version varies with device.
Zigbee Protocol: The Philips Hue Go operates on the Zigbee Wireless Protocol, which uses the IEEE 802.15.4 personal-area network standard to communicate with the Hue Bridge. It has a long wireless range, which enables you to set up a system of up to 50 Hue-compatible bulbs and devices.
Hue Compatible Products: Hue lighting products not only work within the Philips Hue universe, but, when paired with the Hue Bridge, are compatible with many third party products, including many of the top voice assistants. Hue products work with Apple HomeKit, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Cortana by Microsoft. Using simple voice commands, you can turn the lights on and off, dim or brighten the lights, and set a light scene. In addition, other "Friends of Hue" include IFTTT (If This, Then That), Logitech, Nest, Xfinity, and SmartThings.
Hue Personal Wireless Lighting: The Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System lets you individually control the lighting products in the system using your smartphone or tablet. Philips Hue lights are available in three color ranges: White Ambiance, White and Color Ambiance, and White. Through the Hue app, and with the right Hue products, you can do the following:
- Paint With Light: You can choose from 16-million colors to light, or change the look of, your room. Your favorite light settings can be saved for later recall.
- Sync Lights With Movies or Music: The lights can be synchronized to change with the scenes in a movie, or pulse to the beat of your music. (Third party apps may be required.)
- Create An Ambience: The app lets you use different shades of white light to create an ambience. The bulbs can produce shades of light from energizing cool daylight to relaxing warm white light.
- Light Mood Presets: Preset light moods let you instantly change the lights in the room to fit the moment. Optimal settings are available for reading, relaxing, concentrating, and energizing.
- Wake Up: Gradually increasing light intensity helps to gently wake you up with light, similar to the natural light of the morning sun.
- Light Schedules: The lights can be programmed to come on and go off at a preset time, including lighting rooms at different times. At night, you can let the lights turn off gradually, so you don't have to worry about leaving lights on.
- Remote Lighting Control: When you're away from home, you can turn lights on or off from your smartphone. You can also check the status of your lights when you're not there.
- Geofencing: When the bridge detects that your smartphone is within a certain distance, it will automatically turn lights on or off. For example, as you approach your house, your lights will automatically turn on so you won't have to enter a dark room. (Third party apps may be required.)