About the Philips Hue Bloom
Jazz up your holidays
Use Bloom for creative color highlights in your home.
Jazz up your holidays
Here's a fun way to highlight different areas of your home with color. The Bloom is an add-on plug-and-play lamp for Philips Hue smart lighting systems. You'll have a blast with 16 million color options. Turn it orange at Halloween, red or green at Christmas, or use it in any number of other creative possibilities.
The Bloom is Apple® HomeKit compatible, which means you can use Siri to control it. Turn your lamp on and off, or change color — all with your voice. You can also control your system with the free Philips Hue app (Apple®, Android™).
- add-on ambiance lamp for Philips Hue smart lighting systems
- If you don't have a starter kit, you'll need the Philips Hue Wireless Bridge
- creates colorful, indirect ambient lighting
- choose from 16 million colors to match any mood or event
- plugs into a wall outlet for power (no separate light fixture needed)
- plug-and-play design lets you easily move it around your home
- compatible with:
- controlled from the Philips Hue app for Apple® and Android™
- sync your lights with movies and music for immersive experiences
- schedule lights to come on when you're away
- set timers, notifications, and alarms
- 120 lumens fixed brightness
- rated at 8 watts (roughly equivalent to a 60-watt incandescent bulb)
- rated for approximately 12,000 hours of use
- 5-1/8"W x 3-15/16"H x 4-15/16"D
- input voltage range of 100V-240V
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 797977
What's in the box:
- Hue Bloom LED lamp with attached 75" power cable and AC adapter (DC output: 24V 12A)
- Safety Instructions
- Living Colors info sheet
More details on the Philips Hue Bloom
Overview: The Philips Hue Color Ambiance Bloom is a "plug-n-play" color LED light fixture that is designed to create indirect ambient color lighting in your home. The Bloom is a self-contained device that can be plugged into a standard AC outlet, and placed on a shelf or table.
Hue Personal Wireless Lighting: When connected to the Hue Bridge via Wi-Fi, it becomes a part of the Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System. The system lets you individually control the connected lighting products through the Hue App using your smartphone or tablet. The Hue Bloom can help you Paint With Light, Highlight with Color, Sync Lights with Movies or Music, and perform Comfort Dimming. The app lets you create light schedules, and even control the lights in your home while you're away.
Installing: The Bloom has a 5-1/8" diameter lens which is aimed upwards at a 45° angle. It has a rear "foot" that allows it to be placed on a flat surface. With its 75" power cord, you can place it almost anywhere there's an AC outlet. The light can be aimed into the room or onto a wall to paint the room with light or to highlight architectural features. The Bloom is recommended for indoor use only.
Specifications: The Hue Color Ambiance Bloom LED light is rated at 8 watts (0.5W in standby) with 120 lumens of output. It can produce up to 16-million colors, and has an estimated lifetime of 12,000 hours. Dimensions: Diameter: 5-1/8", Height: 4", Depth: 4-15/16", Weight: 10-1/2 ounces.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?