About the Philips Hue Beyond Table Lamp
The right light for work and fun
The right light for work and fun
This modern glass and metal table lamp is a great entry point into Hue's Beyond series. Like the Beyond pendant and ceiling lights, it has integrated bulbs designed to provide the perfect blend of functional and mood lighting. But the lamp doesn't need to be mounted or hardwired — just plug it in, and you are ready to play (or work).
Each of its two built-in light sources can be independently controlled to create a near endless mix of colors and white light. So go ahead — add a splash of color to your white task lighting to make finishing the job more fun. Or throw on some purple and teal for your 90s dance party. With 16 million color options, you are sure to find just the right shade for every mood (or nostalgic whim).
Control it all with the app
The Philips Hue mobile app makes it easy to select the color and brightness of each light, right from the palm of your hand. Use it from anywhere in your home, or even when you're not at home. Hue Sync, a companion desktop app, even lets you synchronize your lights to the movies, music, and games you play on your computer.
You can also set timers and create routines. For example, a “wake up” routine gradually increases the brightness in your bedroom to mimic the effect of sunrise. That sure beats the buzz of an alarm clock.
Or use your voice
You can control your lighting system hands-free if you've got a voice assistant. The Beyond lamp works with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, and Google Home. That means you can turn your lights on or off, dim them, and recall your favorite presets just by asking.
Expand your Hue system
Controlling your lights with an app or your voice is fun, but you might find that some members of the household prefer a good old fashioned wall switch. If so, you can pick up a dimmer or a Tap. The motion sensor will make your smart home even more automated.
The Beyond table lamp requires a Philips Hue bridge connected to the internet.
- requires Philips Hue Wireless bridge
- uplights and downlights are individually adjustable
- combines scene-setting mood lighting and warm white task lighting
- choose from 16 million colors to match any mood or event
- plugs into a wall outlet for power (no separate light fixture needed)
- plug-and-play design lets you easily move it around your home
- compatible with:
- controlled from the Philips Hue app for Apple® and Android™
- choose from preset light recipes: relax, read, concentrate, and energize
- create and edit scenes
- schedule lights to come on when you're away
- set timers, notifications, and alarms
- 600 lumens max. brightness
- 4.5 watts (roughly equivalent to a 60-watt incandescent bulb)
- rated for approximately 15,000 hours of use
- LEDs are built into fixture so they are not replaceable
- wireless protocol: Zigbee Light Link
- 11-7/16"W x 15-7/8"H x 11-7/16"D
- weight: 5.9 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 798082
What's in the box:
- Beyond LED table lamp with attached 6' power cord
- Glass light diffuser
- Plastic top cap
- User Manual
- Safety Instructions
Philips Hue Beyond Table Lamp reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Philips Hue Beyond Table Lamp
Overview: The Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance Beyond table lamp (#712023148) features two independent LED light sources -- one shining upward, and one downward. You can vary the color and intensity of each light as you desire. This stylish table lamp has a sturdy 8.9" diameter metal base with a 6' power cord. A white glass light diffuser and white plastic cap are included to diffuse the light from the two light sources. The Beyond table lamp requires a connection to the Philips Hue Bridge (not included), which allows you to control the lamp and color variations wirelessly with your smartphone or tablet through the Philips Hue app, and via voice control with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, and Google Home (Google Assistant).
No Installation Required: The Beyond table lamp requires no installation. Like any standard table lamp, it simply plugs into an AC outlet (110V-127V, 50-60Hz). An on/off toggle switch is located on the outer ring of the base. Connecting the lamp (wirelessly) to the Hue Bridge enables you to experience its full functionality.
Hue Personal Wireless Lighting: The Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System lets you individually control the lighting products in the system using your smartphone or tablet. The Beyond table lamp features two White and Color Ambiance bulbs, which can be controlled independently remotely through the Philips Hue app. Ways to control the Beyond table lamp include:
- Paint With Light: You can choose from 16-million colors to light, or change the look of, your room. Your favorite light settings can be saved for later recall.
- Sync Lights With Movies or Music: The lights can be synchronized to change with the scenes in a movie, or pulse to the beat of your music. (Third party apps may be required.)
- Create An Ambience: The app lets you use different shades of white light to create an ambience. The bulbs can produce shades of light from energizing cool daylight to relaxing warm white light.
- Light Mood Presets: Preset light moods let you instantly change the lights in the room to fit the moment. Optimal settings are available for reading, relaxing, concentrating, and energizing.
- Wake Up: Gradually increasing light intensity helps to gently wake you up with light, similar to the natural light of the morning sun.
- Light Schedules: The lights can be programmed to come on and go off at a preset time, including lighting rooms at different times. At night, you can let the lights turn off gradually, so you don't have to worry about leaving lights on.
- Remote Lighting Control: When you're away from home, you can turn lights on or off from your smartphone. You can also check the status of your lights when you're not there.
- Geofencing: When the bridge detects that your smartphone is within a certain distance, it will automatically turn lights on or off. For example, as you approach your house, your lights will automatically turn on so you won't have to enter a dark room. (Third party apps may be required.)
App Compatibility: The Philips Hue app is available for Apple devices running iOS 10.0 or later. The app is also available for Android devices running OS 5.0 and up.
Voice Control: The Hue Beyond table lamp can be controlled with your voice. If you have Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Home voice assistants, you can simply speak commands to turn the lights on or off, change the brightness, recall preset scenes, or change colors. Connection to the Hue Bridge is required for voice control.
- Main Power: 110-127V AC, 50-60Hz
- Number of Bulbs: 2 (LED White and Color Ambiance)
- Bulb Wattage: 4.5W
- Total Lumen Output: 600 lumens
- Light Source Equivalent: 28 watts
- Lifetime: 15,000 hours
- Base: 8.9" base diameter, 15.875" height
- Diffuser: 11.437" diameter