Philips Hue Beyond Ceiling Light
On-ceiling white and color ambiance light
Our take on the Philips Hue Beyond Ceiling Light by Crutchfield's Emily S.
The right light for work and fun
This modern glass and metal ceiling light is part of Hue's Beyond series — light fixtures with integrated bulbs designed to provide the perfect blend of functional and mood lighting. Each of the two built-in light sources can be independently controlled to create a near endless mix of colors and white light.
So go ahead — add a splash of color to your white task lighting to make finishing the job more fun. Or throw on some purple and teal for your 90s dance party. With 16 million color options, you are sure to find just the right shade for every mood (or nostalgic whim).
Control it all with the app
The Philips Hue mobile app makes it easy to select the color and brightness of each light, right from the palm of your hand. You can also set timers and create routines. Use it from anywhere in your home, or even when you're not at home. Hue Sync, a companion desktop app, even lets you synchronize your lights to the movies, music, and games you play on your computer.
Or use your voice
You can control your lighting system hands-free if you've got a voice assistant. The Beyond pendant works with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, and Google Home. That means you can turn your lights on or off, dim them, and recall your favorite presets just by asking.
Expand your Hue system
Controlling your lights with an app or your voice is fun, but you might find that some members of the household prefer a good old fashioned wall switch. If so, you can pick up a dimmer or a Tap. The motion sensor will make your smart home even more automated. And if you love the convenience of the all-in-one "Beyond" series, check out the table lamp and the pendant light.
The Beyond ceiling light requires a Philips Hue bridge connected to the internet.
- requires Philips Hue Wireless bridge
- uplights and downlights are individually adjustable
- combines scene-setting mood lighting and white task lighting
- choose from 16 million colors to match any mood or event
- must be hardwired and mounted to ceiling
- compatible with:
- controlled from the Philips Hue app for Apple® and Android™
- choose from preset light recipes: relax, read, concentrate, and energize
- create and edit scenes
- schedule lights to come on when you're away
- set timers, notifications, and alarms
- 1,200 lumens max. brightness
- rated for approximately 15,000 hours of use
- LEDs are built into fixture so they are not replaceable
- wireless protocol: Zigbee Light Link
- 17-3/4"W x 6-1/4"H x 17-3/4"D
- weight: 9.8 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Ceiling light fixture (with plastic cap)
- Glass light diffuser
- User Manual
- Safety Instructions
- Hue overview card
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Overview: The Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance Beyond ceiling light (#712013148) features four LED lights -- one shining upward and three shining downward -- creating two independent light sources, or LightDuo. The up-firing light can create a mood with colorful ambient lighting, while the three down-firing bulbs can be used as a functional task light. You can vary the color and intensity of each light source as you desire. This stylish ceiling light has a white glass light diffuser and white plastic cap to diffuse the light from the fixture. The Beyond ceiling light requires a connection to the Philips Hue Bridge (not included), which allows you to control the intensity and color variations wirelessly with your smartphone or tablet through the Philips Hue app, and via voice control with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, and Google Home (Google Assistant).
Installation Required: The Beyond ceiling light requires hardwiring to standard AC household wiring (110V-127V, 50-60Hz) and mounting to the ceiling. Because the fixture weighs approximately 10 pounds, it should be securely mounted to support the weight. Connecting the light (wirelessly) to the Hue Bridge enables you to experience its full functionality.
Hue Personal Wireless Lighting: The Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System lets you individually control the lighting products in the system using your smartphone or tablet. The Beyond ceiling light features two independent light sources, which can be controlled independently and remotely through the Philips Hue app. Ways to control the Beyond ceiling light include:
- Paint With Light: You can choose from 16-million colors to light, or change the look of, your room. Your favorite light settings can be saved for later recall.
- Sync Lights With Movies or Music: The lights can be synchronized to change with the scenes in a movie, or pulse to the beat of your music. (Third party apps may be required.)
- Create An Ambience: The app lets you use different shades of white light to create an ambience. The bulbs can produce shades of light from energizing cool daylight to relaxing warm white light.
- Light Mood Presets: Preset light moods let you instantly change the lights in the room to fit the moment. Optimal settings are available for reading, relaxing, concentrating, and energizing.
- Wake Up: Gradually increasing light intensity helps to gently wake you up with light, similar to the natural light of the morning sun.
- Light Schedules: The lights can be programmed to come on and go off at a preset time, including lighting rooms at different times. At night, you can let the lights turn off gradually, so you don't have to worry about leaving lights on.
- Remote Lighting Control: When you're away from home, you can turn lights on or off from your smartphone. You can also check the status of your lights when you're not there.
- Geofencing: When the bridge detects that your smartphone is within a certain distance, it will automatically turn lights on or off. For example, as you approach your house, your lights will automatically turn on so you won't have to enter a dark room. (Third party apps may be required.)
App Compatibility: The Philips Hue app is available for Apple devices running iOS 10.0 or later. The app is also available for Android devices running OS 5.0 and up.
Voice Control: The Hue Beyond ceiling light can be controlled with your voice. If you have Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Home voice assistants, you can simply speak commands to turn the lights on or off, change the brightness, recall preset scenes, or change colors. Connection to the Hue Bridge is required for voice control.
- Main Power: 110-127V AC, 50-60Hz
- Number of Bulbs: 4 (LED White and Color Ambiance)
- Bulb Wattage: 4.5W
- Total Lumen Output: 1200 lumens
- Light Source Equivalent: 28 watts
- Lifetime: 15,000 hours
- Fixture: 6" base diameter, 6.188" height
- Inner Diffuser: 12.5" diameter
- Outer Diffuser: 17.75" diameter
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.