About the Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance Signe Floor Light
Set the scene
Set the scene
I have some Hue white and color ambiance ambiance bulbs, and they make it so easy to create just the right ambiance for any situation. I love that I no longer have to settle for harsh full brightness and a single shade of white light. And just like my Hue bulbs, this Signe floor lamp lets you choose from over 16 million colors and 50,000 shades of cool to warm white light. But this lamp's slender design makes it a whole lot easier to brighten up the darker corners of your home.
Create just the right ambiance with this sleek floor lamp.
No Bridge required
One of the only complaints I've heard about Philips Hue bulbs is that you have to have a separate Bridge to control them. Well — not anymore. The Signe Floor Light connects to your mobile device using Bluetooth. You can then use the Hue Bluetooth mobile app to control up to ten lights in one room of your home.
Control it with your voice
You can also control your lighting system hands-free if you've got a voice assistant. The Signe lamp works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant devices (sold separately). That means you can turn your lights on or off, dim them, and recall your favorite presets just by asking.
Expand your system with a Bridge to do more
If you want to do even more, you can add a Philips Hue Bridge (sold separately). Then, you can use the Hue mobile app to control up to 50 Hue devices — even when you're not at home. The Bridge also adds compatibility with other Hue accessories — like the Tap — and voice control via Apple HomeKit.
You can also create schedules and routines. For example, a “wake up” routine gradually increases the brightness in your bedroom to mimic the effect of sunrise. That sure beats the buzz of an alarm clock.
- choose from 16 million colors or 50,000 shades of cool to warm white light to match any mood or event
- plug-and-play design lets you easily move it around your home
- included AC adapter plugs into a wall outlet for power
- control up to 10 bulbs in one room with the free Hue Bluetooth app for Apple® and Android™
- add voice control with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant devices (sold separately)
- additional features available with Philips Hue Wireless Bridge (sold separately)
- schedule, group, and control up to 50 smart lights throughout your home
- operate lights when you're away
- set timers, notifications, and alarms
- voice control with Apple HomeKit (Siri)
- sync your lights with movies and music for immersive experiences
- brightness: up to 2000 lumens
- integrated 27-watt LED (equivalent to 175-watt traditional bulb)
- rated for approximately 25,000 hours of use
- 4-3/8"W x 58-5/8"H x 3-11/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 4080248U9
What's in the box:
- LED floor lamp with attached 69" power cord (polarized 2-prong plug)
- User Manual (A)
- Safety Instructions (B)
- FCC compliance statement (C)
- How to Get Started booklet
Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance Signe Floor Light reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance Signe Floor Light
Overview: The Philips Hue Signe is a unique White and Color Ambiance LED floor light that can be controlled with your smartphone or tablet through the Philips Hue app. It has a 9-7/16" tall aluminum base with a 49" tall light tube that produces up to 16-million colors, as well as warm to cool white light (2000-6500K color temperature). The Signe Floor Light can be controlled by your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth (in the same room). With the Hue Bridge (sold separately), you can control up to 50 Hue lights and accessories throughout your entire home, even when you're not there.
Signe Floor Lamp: The Signe floor lamp can be placed on the floor in your living room or bedroom to add color to a wall or set a mood. The LED light is rated at 2000 lumens, which has the equivalent light output of a 175-watt traditional bulb. The lamp has an estimated lifetime of 25,000 hours and 50,000 switching cycles. The 49" tall light tube is made of aluminum with a slender "lens" for emitting the light. The lens is aimed toward the rear of the lamp (widest part of the base) in a 120° arc. The LED bulb is non-replaceable. The dimensions are as follows:
- Overall: Width 4.334" Height 58.625" Depth 3.685"
- Base Height: 9.445"
- Tube Length: 49"
- Weight: 5.3 pounds
Bluetooth Control: The Philips Hue Signe Floor Lamp can be controlled with your smartphone or tablet when connected via Bluetooth. Using the Philips Hue Bluetooth app, you can set the color, temperature, and brightness to fit any mood or occasion. Up to 10 Hue Bluetooth-compatible lights can be controlled with the app in a single room from a range of up to 30 feet. The Hue Bluetooth app works with Apple iPhone/iPad with iOS 12.0 or later, and Android phones and tablets with version 7.0 and up.
Philips Hue App Compatibility: The standard Philips Hue app is for use with the Hue Bridge, and gives you full home control of your Philips Hue lights. The Hue Bridge can be a standalone unit, or part of a Starter Kit. Within the full Hue Lighting System, you can set timers and schedules, control lights away from home, set wake up and go to sleep routines, and sync the lights to your music, movies, and video games. Additional Hue products can be added to the system, up to a maximum of 50 bulbs and 12 Hue accessories that can be controlled by a single bridge. The Philips Hue app is available for Apple devices running iOS 12.0 or watchOS 3.0 or later, or for Android devices -- version varies with device.
Zigbee Protocol: The Philips Hue Signe operates on the Zigbee Wireless Protocol, which uses the IEEE 802.15.4 personal-area network standard to communicate with the Hue Bridge. It has a long wireless range, which enables you to set up a system of up to 50 Hue-compatible bulbs and devices.
Hue Compatible Products: Hue lighting products not only work within the Philips Hue universe, but, when paired with the Hue Bridge, are compatible with many third party products, including many of the top voice assistants. Hue products work with Apple HomeKit, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Cortana by Microsoft. Using simple voice commands, you can turn the lights on and off, dim or brighten the lights, choose a color, and set a light scene. In addition, other "Friends of Hue" include IFTTT (If This, Then That), Logitech, Nest, Xfinity, and SmartThings.
Hue Personal Wireless Lighting: The Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System lets you individually control the lighting products in the system using your smartphone or tablet. Philips Hue lights are available in three color ranges: White Ambiance, White and Color Ambiance (this bulb), and White. Through the Hue app, and with the right Hue products, you can do the following:
- Paint With Light: You can choose from 16-million colors to light, or change the look of, your room. Your favorite light settings can be saved for later recall.
- Sync Lights With Movies or Music: The lights can be synchronized to change with the scenes in a movie, or pulse to the beat of your music. (Third party apps may be required.)
- Create An Ambience: The app lets you use different shades of white light to create an ambience. The bulbs can produce shades of light from energizing cool daylight to relaxing warm white light.
- Light Mood Presets: Preset light moods let you instantly change the lights in the room to fit the moment. Optimal settings are available for reading, relaxing, concentrating, and energizing.
- Wake Up: Gradually increasing light intensity helps to gently wake you up with light, similar to the natural light of the morning sun.
- Light Schedules: The lights can be programmed to come on and go off at a preset time, including lighting rooms at different times. At night, you can let the lights turn off gradually, so you don't have to worry about leaving lights on.
- Remote Lighting Control: When you're away from home, you can turn lights on or off from your smartphone. You can also check the status of your lights when you're not there.
- Geofencing: When the bridge detects that your smartphone is within a certain distance, it will automatically turn lights on or off. For example, as you approach your house, your lights will automatically turn on so you won't have to enter a dark room. (Third party apps may be required.)