About the Philips Hue A19 Starter Kit
Get a jump-start on smart lighting
Hue bulbs last longer and shine brightly while using a fraction of the energy of an incandescent.
Get a jump-start on smart lighting
I like being able to turn my house lights off and on using my smartphone, and the Philips Hue A19 Starter Kit lets me do that — and so much more. The included bridge acts as a wireless hub — sort of like a central brain — for Hue bulbs throughout the house. Just unscrew your old incandescents and replace them with Hue's energy-efficient LED bulbs, and a whole new world of customizable lighting opens up.
For starters, you can change the temperature of white light along a spectrum from warm to cool, depending on your personal preference, the time of day or night... any reason. And say you're planning a party, or just like to use a little color in your decorating: each A19 bulb can replicate up to 16 million colors. You'll have more options than you ever dared dream of.
The Hue A19 lighting system is cool to work with and very convenient, but don't forget — it can also save you money. Each bulb can last up to 15,000 hours before it needs to be replaced. If you replace a 60-watt incandescent with a 9-watt LED, you're getting the same brightness at a drastically reduced energy cost. That's good for your bank account, and good for the planet.
Control your Hue lighting system by connecting your phone to the wireless bridge. Then, you can change lights even before you get home. Once you're inside, a wireless Philips Hue Tap remote or two can make it even easier to get ideal lighting at the push of a button.
- includes three LED bulbs and a wireless bridge
- compatible with existing light fixtures
- bridge is wall-mountable
- 360-600 lumens each
- efficient 9-watt LED bulb can replace standard 60-watt incandescent
- up to 16 million color choices
- adjust white light within a range from warm to cool
- approximately 15,000 hours lifetime
- dimmable via app only
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 426353
What's in the box:
- 3 Philips Hue A19 light bulbs
- IP bridge
- AC adapter with attached 73" DC output cord (DC output: 5V 600mA)
- 79" Ethernet cable (with RJ45 plugs on each end)
- Operating Instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Philips Hue A19 Starter Kit
Overview: The Philips Hue Starter Kit (#426353) consists of three Wi-Fi controllable LED white and color ambience bulbs and a wireless bridge. With these items, and the free Philips Hue app, you can control the lights wirelessly from your smartphone or tablet. It is called Personal Wireless Lighting, and it allows you to set up light schedules, control the lights when you're away from home, and even change the color of the lights to match your mood. Additional Hue products can be added to the system, up to a maximum of 50 products that can be controlled by a single bridge.
Note: The wireless bridge in this Starter Kit is not compatible with Apple HomeKit technology, which includes Siri voice control. A HomeKit-compatible bridge (Version 2.0) is included in the Starter Kit #456194.
Hue Personal Wireless Lighting: The Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System lets you individually control the lighting products in the system using your smartphone or tablet. Through the Hue app, you can do the following:
- Paint With Light: You can choose from 16-million colors to light, or change the look of, your room. Your favorite light settings can be saved for later recall.
- Sync Lights With Movies or Music: The lights can be synchronized to change with the scenes in a movie, or pulse to the beat of your music. (Third party apps may be required.)
- Create An Ambience: The app lets you use different shades of white light to create an ambience. The bulbs can produce shades of light from energizing cool daylight to relaxing warm white light.
- Light Mood Presets: Preset light moods let you instantly change the lights in the room to fit the moment. Optimal settings are available for reading, relaxing, concentrating, and energizing.
- Wake Up: Gradually increasing light intensity helps to gently wake you up with light, similar to the natural light of the morning sun.
- Light Schedules: The lights can be programmed to come on and go off at a preset time, including lighting rooms at different times. At night, you can let the lights turn off gradually, so you don't have to worry about leaving lights on.
- Remote Lighting Control: When you're away from home, you can turn lights on or off from your smartphone. You can also check the status of your lights when you're not there.
- Geofencing: When the bridge detects that your smartphone is within a certain distance, it will automatically turn lights on or off. For example, as you approach your house, your lights will automatically turn on so you won't have to enter a dark room. (Third party apps may be required.)
Light Bulbs: The three LED white and color ambience bulbs included in the Starter Kit can be used in most standard light sockets (Edison screw base). They have an A19 form factor (or the metric equivalent A60), which is the classic style of bulb. The bulbs are rated at 8.5 watts and 600 lumens, and have an estimated lifetime of 15,000 hours. Inside the bulb is a wireless interface that allows you to change the color temperature of the light from cold to warm (2000K to 6500K), and choose from up to 16-million colors. Dimensions: Max diameter: 2.427", Height: 4.253"
Note: The bulbs are not suitable for use with external dimmers, photo controls, occupancy sensors, or timing devices, and are designed for indoor use only.
Bridge: The Hue bridge can be wall-mounted or placed on a desktop. It connects to your router via the included Ethernet cable, and communicates wirelessly to your smartphone or tablet and the Hue lighting products. It operates on the 2.4GHz band, and Zigbee Light link protocol, and comes with a AC adapter with a 5V 600mA DC output.
App Compatibility: The Philips Hue app is available from the Apple App Store, and can be used with Apple devices running iOS 8.0 or later. The app is also available from Google Play for Android devices running OS 2.3 and up. It has been tested on the following devices:
- iPhone 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus
- iPad 2, 3rd and 4th generation
- iPad Air 1, 2
- iPad Mini 1, 2, 3
- iPod touch 5th generation
- Galaxy S2, S3, S4, S5
- Google Nexus 5, Motorola Nexus 6, Google Nexus 7
- Note, Note 2, Note 3, Note 4
- OnePlus One
- HTC One
- Sony Xperia Z3