About the Philips Hue 2.0 A19 White and Color Ambiance Starter Kit
Turn the lights on anytime, anywhere
Turn the lights on anytime, anywhere
Your Philips Hue light bulbs can now be controlled with Siri.
The second-generation Philips Hue 2.0 A19 Starter Kit makes your home's lighting even smarter than before. The kit pairs three smart bulbs with a wireless bridge — everything you need to get started. The big upgrade over the first-generation kit is the addition of Apple® HomeKit support. Using your iOS® device, you can now use Siri voice commands to control your lighting. Ask her to change colors or turn off the lights at bedtime. Your lighting wish is her command.
How it works
Setup is very simple. Connect the bridge to your wireless router using the supplied Ethernet cable, and plug it into the wall. Then replace your existing incandescent or CFL bulbs with Hue bulbs, and you're up and running! Up to 50 bulbs can be synced together or independently controlled.
Control your system with the free Philips Hue app (Apple®, Android™). If you don't have a mobile device handy, pick up a Philips Hue Tap wireless remote control. This battery-free remote uses kinetic energy for power and is a super-cool way to show off your smart lighting system.
Hue works when you're away on vacation too. Have lights come on in your house at different times to make it seem like someone is home. Use your phone as a "geofence" - when the bridge detects that you're home, have your porch light turn on automatically. With an endless choice of color and display options, you'll have a blast using it with your family.
There are a host of ways to customize your lighting
With a variety of compatible 3rd-party apps, you can get creative with your Hue lighting system. Turning lights on and off remotely is just the beginning. Because the Hue bulbs can display millions of different colors, you can paint your walls with a vivid light show. Sync your lights to music, games, or movies for an immersive experience.
The bulbs have a wide range of white light available. Use a warmer temperature in the evening for a softer feel in the room, and a brighter temp when you wake up. With a variety of compatible 3rd-party apps, you can get creative with your Hue lighting system. Enjoy a fireworks display without the loud noise. Have your lights turn blue if it's raining outside, or flash red when your favorite sports team scores.
Expand your Hue system
Here are compatible Hue products that integrate into your smart lighting system.
- uses your existing light fixtures — simply replace the bulbs
- choose from 16 million colors to match any mood or event
- 342-800 lumen range depending on color temperature
- schedule lights to come on when you're away
- sync lights with movies and music for immersive experiences
- set timers, notifications, and alarms
- controlled through the free Philips Hue app for Apple® and Android™
- compatible with:
- approximately 15,000 hours of use for each bulb
- bridge is wall-mountable
- 3-1/2"W x 3-9/16"H x 1-1/16"D (bridge)
- communication protocol: ZigBee
- compatible with IFTTT (IF This Then That) custom recipes
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 456194
What's in the box:
- 3 Philips Hue A19 light bulbs
- IP bridge
- AC adapter with attached 69" DC output cord (DC output: 5V 2A)
- US AC plug adapter
- 39" Ethernet cable (with RJ45 plugs on each end)
- Welcome card
- Operating Instructions
Philips Hue 2.0 A19 White and Color Ambiance Starter Kit reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Philips Hue 2.0 A19 White and Color Ambiance Starter Kit
Overview: The Philips Hue White and Color Ambience Starter Kit (#456194) consists of three Wi-Fi controllable LED white and color ambience bulbs and a wireless bridge. With these items, and the free Philips Hue app, you can control the lights wirelessly from your smartphone or tablet. It is called Personal Wireless Lighting, and it allows you to set up light schedules, control the lights when you're away from home, and even change the color of the lights to match your mood. Additional Hue products can be added to the system, up to a maximum of 50 products that can be controlled by a single bridge.
Apple HomeKit Compatible: This Starter Kit is compatible with Apple HomeKit technology, which allows you to control your lights using your Apple iOS device, including voice control through Siri. The kit includes the new square-shaped Hue bridge (version 2.0), which supports the hardware authentication required for Apple HomeKit. (The round-shaped bridge from the original Starter kit #426353 is not compatible with HomeKit technology.)
Hue Personal Wireless Lighting: The Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System lets you individually control the lighting products in the system using your smartphone or tablet. Through the Hue app, you can do the following:
- Paint With Light: You can choose from 16-million colors to light, or change the look of, your room. Your favorite light settings can be saved for later recall.
- Sync Lights With Movies or Music: The lights can be synchronized to change with the scenes in a movie, or pulse to the beat of your music. (Third party apps may be required.)
- Create An Ambience: The app lets you use different shades of white light to create an ambience. The bulbs can produce shades of light from energizing cool daylight to relaxing warm white light.
- Light Mood Presets: Preset light moods let you instantly change the lights in the room to fit the moment. Optimal settings are available for reading, relaxing, concentrating, and energizing.
- Wake Up: Gradually increasing light intensity helps to gently wake you up with light, similar to the natural light of the morning sun.
- Light Schedules: The lights can be programmed to come on and go off at a preset time, including lighting rooms at different times. At night, you can let the lights turn off gradually, so you don't have to worry about leaving lights on.
- Remote Lighting Control: When you're away from home, you can turn lights on or off from your smartphone. You can also check the status of your lights when you're not there.
- Geofencing: When the bridge detects that your smartphone is within a certain distance, it will automatically turn lights on or off. For example, as you approach your house, your lights will automatically turn on so you won't have to enter a dark room. (Third party apps may be required.)
Light Bulbs: The three LED white and color ambience bulbs included in the Starter Kit can be used in most standard light sockets (Edison screw base). They have an A19 form factor (or the metric equivalent A60) and are 2.4" at widest point and 4.3" tall. The bulbs are rated at 10 watts and 800 lumens, and have an estimated lifetime of 15,000 hours. Inside the bulb is a wireless interface that allows you to change the color temperature of the light from cold to warm (2000K to 6500K), and choose from up to 16-million colors.
Note: The bulbs are not suitable for use with external dimmers, photo controls, occupancy sensors, or timing devices, and are designed for indoor use only.
Bridge: The Hue bridge can be wall-mounted or placed on a desktop. It connects to your router via the included Ethernet cable, and communicates wirelessly to your smartphone or tablet and the Hue lighting products. It operates on the 2.4GHz band, and Zigbee Light link protocol, and comes with a AC adapter with a 5V 2A DC output.
App Compatibility: The Philips Hue app is available from the Apple App Store, and can be used with Apple devices running iOS 8.0 or later. For HomeKit compatibility, iOS 9.0 is required. The app is also available from Google Play for Android devices running OS 2.3 and up. It has been tested on the following devices:
- iPhone 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus
- iPad 2, 3rd and 4th generation
- iPad Air 1, 2
- iPad Mini 1, 2, 3
- iPod touch 5th generation
- Galaxy S2, S3, S4, S5
- Google Nexus 5, Motorola Nexus 6, Google Nexus 7
- Note, Note 2, Note 3, Note 4
- OnePlus One
- HTC One
- Sony Xperia Z3
The Philips Hue 2.0 A19 White and Color Ambiance Starter Kit replaces these items
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?