About the Philips Hue Bridge
Voice control for Philips Hue lighting
Voice control for Philips Hue lighting
Imagine being able to verbally tell your lights to turn off or on. And then imagine you can dim them or have them change colors, just by saying so out loud. This hub lets you use Google Home, Alexa, or Siri to issue voice commands to Philips Hue bulbs and lighting modules.
A single voice command can change your thermostat setting, choose a lighting scheme that matches the time of day, or lock the doors. That's just the beginning. You choose the devices you want to connect, and let the Philips Hue HomeKit Bridge do the work.
- new square-shaped bridge lets Philips Hue lighting modules work with Apple HomeKit devices
- compatible with:
- scene modes let you match lighting, security, temperature, and more to your mood with a single command
- controls up to 50 Hue bulbs and 12 lighting accessories
- Zigbee Light link protocol 1.0 certified
- 3-1/2"W x 3-1/2"W x 1"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 458471
What's in the box:
- Hue Bridge (Gen 2)
- AC adapter with attached 70" DC output cord (DC output: 5V 2A)
- US 2-pronged adapter
- 39" Ethernet cable (RJ45 plugs on each end)
- World of Hue booklet
- Operating Instructions
- AC plug instructions
Philips Hue Bridge reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Philips Hue Bridge
Overview: The Philips Hue Bridge is the central part of the Philips Personal Wireless Lighting system. When used with Philips Hue light bulbs and the Philips Hue app, you can control the lights in your home wirelessly from your smartphone or tablet. You can set up light schedules, control the lights when you're away from home, and even change the color of the lights to match your mood. Additional Hue products can be added to the system, up to a maximum of 50 products that can be controlled by a single bridge.
Apple HomeKit Compatible: This Hue Bridge is compatible with Apple HomeKit technology, which allows you to control your lights using your Apple iOS device, including voice control through Siri. The Bridge supports the hardware authentication required for Apple HomeKit. (The original round-shaped bridge is not compatible with HomeKit technology.)
Hue Personal Wireless Lighting: The Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System lets you individually control the lighting products in the system using your smartphone or tablet. Through the Hue app, you can do the following:
- Paint With Light: You can choose from 16-million colors to light, or change the look of, your room. Your favorite light settings can be saved for later recall.
- Sync Lights With Movies or Music: The lights can be synchronized to change with the scenes in a movie, or pulse to the beat of your music. (Third party apps may be required.)
- Create An Ambience: The app lets you use different shades of white light to create an ambience. The bulbs can produce shades of light from energizing cool daylight to relaxing warm white light.
- Light Mood Presets: Preset light moods let you instantly change the lights in the room to fit the moment. Optimal settings are available for reading, relaxing, concentrating, and energizing.
- Wake Up: Gradually increasing light intensity helps to gently wake you up with light, similar to the natural light of the morning sun.
- Light Schedules: The lights can be programmed to come on and go off at a preset time, including lighting rooms at different times. At night, you can let the lights turn off gradually, so you don't have to worry about leaving lights on.
- Remote Lighting Control: When you're away from home, you can turn lights on or off from your smartphone. You can also check the status of your lights when you're not there.
- Geofencing: When the bridge detects that your smartphone is within a certain distance, it will automatically turn lights on or off. For example, as you approach your house, your lights will automatically turn on so you won't have to enter a dark room. (Third party apps may be required.)
Mounting: The Hue bridge can be wall-mounted or placed on a desktop. It connects to your router via the included Ethernet cable, and communicates wirelessly to your smartphone or tablet and the Hue lighting products. It operates on the 2.4GHz band, and Zigbee Light link protocol, and comes with a AC adapter with a 5V 2A DC output.
2 questions already asked