About the Philips Hue Go
A colorful, portable source of light
The Hue Go lets you bring soft, colorful light with you wherever you want to be.
A colorful, portable source of light
Have you ever wished you had a bowl of soft, colorful light you could carry around with you? We've got one for you. The Philips Hue Go can serve as a stationary accent light or a portable lamp that can accompany you through the house at night. Choose pre-set lighting moods like Meditation or Night Adventure, or customize your experience by choosing from 16 million color options. The Hue Go is powered by an internal battery that provides around 3 hours of soft lighting before needing to be recharged.
Note: A Philips Hue Bridge (included with the A19 Starter Kit) is required for full smart control of the Hue Go.
Get creative with apps
The Hue Go is extremely app-friendly. Check the Philips Hue IFTTT page to find some tried-and-true ideas for synching your lights to social media, music apps, television, and more. You'll add a whole new dimension to home entertainment with the click of a few buttons.
- portable, decorative LED light source with up to 16 million colors
- compatible with:
- light source is a 6W LED bulb
- control wirelessly from an iOS® or Android™ device (requires an optional Philips Hue Bridge)
- 7 lighting presets can be selected via a button on the back of the light
- five natural dynamic effects, including Cozy Candle and Night Adventure
- light can be programmed to come on gradually as part of a wake-up alarm
- connect to Hue Bridge (not included) for expanded functionality
- powered by rechargeable lithium-ion battery (up to 3 hours of light on a full charge)
- 4-3/4" diameter x 2-3/4" high
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 798835
What's in the box:
- Hue Go portable light
- AC adapter with attached 82" DC output cord (DC output: 24V 12W)
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions
- Info Sheet
Philips Hue Go reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Philips Hue Go
Overview: The Philips Hue Go is a small portable light that you can take anywhere to light an area or set a mood. You can choose from 7 preset colors using the on-board controls, or connect it to the Hue Bridge for wireless control with smart devices. The Hue Go can be powered by the supplied AC adapter, or on built-in battery power.
Hue Go: The Hue Go can be used as a standalone light with local (on product) control, or within the Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System. On its own, the Hue Go has a rear control button that lets you turn it on and off, and select one of seven preset colors: warm white light, natural white light, Cozy Candle, Sunday Coffee, Meditation, Enchanted Forest, and Night Adventure. The light output is 100% when the Hue Go is connected to AC power, but dims to 40% when on battery power to conserve battery power. The built-in rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery provides up to 3 hours of light on a 1.5-hour charge. The battery is non-replaceable. The Hue Go can be placed facing straight upward, or at an angle, using the integrated "foot."
Hue Personal Wireless Lighting: The Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System lets you individually control all of the Hue lighting products in the system using your smartphone or tablet. Through the Hue app, you can control the Hue Go to do the following:
- Paint With Light: You can choose from 16-million colors to light, or change the look of, your room. Your favorite light settings can be saved for later recall.
- Sync Lights With Movies or Music: The lights can be synchronized to change with the scenes in a movie, or pulse to the beat of your music. (Third party apps may be required.)
- Create An Ambience: The app lets you use different shades of white light to create an ambience. The bulbs can produce shades of light from energizing cool daylight to relaxing warm white light.
- Light Mood Presets: Preset light moods let you instantly change the lights in the room to fit the moment. Optimal settings are available for reading, relaxing, concentrating, and energizing.
- Wake Up: Gradually increasing light intensity helps to gently wake you up with light, similar to the natural light of the morning sun.
- Light Schedules: The lights can be programmed to come on and go off at a preset time, including lighting rooms at different times. At night, you can let the lights turn off gradually, so you don't have to worry about leaving lights on.
- Remote Lighting Control: When you're away from home, you can turn lights on or off from your smartphone. You can also check the status of your lights when you're not there.
- Geofencing: When the bridge detects that your smartphone is within a certain distance, it will automatically turn lights on or off. For example, as you approach your house, your lights will automatically turn on so you won't have to enter a dark room. (Third party apps may be required.)
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?