About the Philips Hue Tap
One-touch control for your Phillips Hue lighting system
The Phillips Hue Tap is a remote that fits in the palm of your hand and controls lights all over the house.
One-touch control for your Phillips Hue lighting system
There are literally hundreds of color options and lighting scenes you can set up with a Philips Hue lighting system, but we also know you're going to have favorites you'll want to use again and again. That's where the Philips Hue Tap comes in. Program customized lighting sequences — anything from a simple on/off command to the perfect combination of lights and colors for a house party — and assign each to one of the four touch-activated buttons. No more jumping up and running around flipping switches — it's all at your fingertips right when you need it.
Note: The Tap remote must be used with a Hue wireless bridge (not included) in order to control your lighting system.
You can mount the Tap on your wall for a permanent installation, but you can also leave it on a coffee or end table so you know just where to find it without having to get up. Better yet, you can slip the Tap into your pocket so you can make changes on the fly. Each Hue hub (not included) can wirelessly connect with up to 25 Tap remotes.
No batteries required
Yep, you read that right. The Tap is a technological marvel that draws on kinetic energy — each time you tap a button, your touch provides the power it needs to operate. It's environmentally responsible, super-convenient, and undeniably cool.
- handheld wireless remote control for Philips Hue lighting systems
- compatible with:
- no batteries or cables required - powered by kinetic energy
- can be wall-mounted or used as a portable remote
- four configurable buttons for creating customized lighting sequences
- use multiple Tap remotes with a single Hue hub (not included)
- 2-15/16" diameter x 1" height
- weight: 3.17 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 452524
What's in the box:
- Hue tap wireless switch
- Mounting back plate (installed)
- Quick Start Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Philips Hue Tap
Overview: The Philips Hue Tap is a wireless remote switch for Hue-compatible lighting products. The Tap can be placed virtually anywhere--on a tabletop or mounted to the wall. You can also carry it around your house and use it to control your Hue lights when your smartphone isn't handy. It requires no wiring or batteries, and has a range of 15 to 30 meters (49'-98'), and must be used within the Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System.
Hue Tap: The Hue Tap features four buttons: a large button, which takes encompasses the entire surface, and three smaller buttons, located inside of the large button. The buttons are numbered 1 through 4 (marked by small dots), allowing you to preset a favorite Hue light setting to each button, or to turn on a light recipe, a group of lights, or all lights. The Hue Tap uses kinetic energy and is powered by your touch. Up to 25 Taps can be connected to the Hue Bridge and the Personal Wireless Lighting System.
Hue Personal Wireless Lighting: The Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System lets you individually control all of the Hue lighting products in the system using your smartphone or tablet. Beginning with a Hue Starter Kit, you can add up to 50 compatible lighting products throughout your home and control them with the Hue App. Through the app, you can do the following:
- Paint With Light: You can choose from 16-million colors to light, or change the look of, your room. Your favorite light settings can be saved for later recall.
- Sync Lights With Movies or Music: The lights can be synchronized to change with the scenes in a movie, or pulse to the beat of your music. (Third party apps may be required.)
- Create An Ambience: The app lets you use different shades of white light to create an ambience. The bulbs can produce shades of light from energizing cool daylight to relaxing warm white light.
- Light Mood Presets: Preset light moods let you instantly change the lights in the room to fit the moment. Optimal settings are available for reading, relaxing, concentrating, and energizing.
- Wake Up: Gradually increasing light intensity helps to gently wake you up with light, similar to the natural light of the morning sun.
- Light Schedules: The lights can be programmed to come on and go off at a preset time, including lighting rooms at different times. At night, you can let the lights turn off gradually, so you don't have to worry about leaving lights on.
- Remote Lighting Control: When you're away from home, you can turn lights on or off from your smartphone. You can also check the status of your lights when you're not there.
- Geofencing: When the bridge detects that your smartphone is within a certain distance, it will automatically turn lights on or off. For example, as you approach your house, your lights will automatically turn on so you won't have to enter a dark room. (Third party apps may be required.)
App Compatibility: The Philips Hue app is available from the Apple App Store, and can be used with Apple devices running iOS 8.0 or later, and is compatible with Apple Home Kit on iOS 9.0 only. The app is also available from Google Play for Android devices running OS 2.3 and up. It has been tested on the following devices:
- iPhone 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus
- iPad 2, 3rd and 4th generation
- iPad Air 1, 2
- iPad Mini 1, 2, 3
- iPod touch 5th generation
- Galaxy S2, S3, S4, S5
- Google Nexus 5, Motorola Nexus 6, Google Nexus 7
- Note, Note 2, Note 3, Note 4
- OnePlus One
- HTC One
- Sony Xperia Z3
1 question already asked