About the SVS 3000 In-wall Single Subwoofer System
A reference subwoofer goes in-wall
A reference subwoofer goes in-wall
Take a survey of Crutchfield employees to find out what brands of subwoofers they like, and SVS would be one of the top choices. Now the company is extending their high-performance lineup to cover custom installations with the SVS 3000 In-wall. This system includes a hideaway in-wall sub module powered by an included, rack-mountable amplifier. If you want reference-quality bass, but you can't (or don't want to) give up the floorspace for a separate sub, The 3000 In-wall should be on your short list of options.
Two lightweight aluminum 9" woofers are enclosed in an ultra-rigid aluminum and MDF cabinet. With a sonically inert sealed enclosure, the cabinet is optimized to minimize sound coloration and maximize acoustic output. And this sub fits within the standard 16" stud spacing with either dog-leg mounting or direct-to-stud screw points, so you can retrofit it into an existing wall or install it into new construction. You also get an acoustically transparent, magnetic, paintable grille to blend it into your decor.
A mounting template and setup guide are included, and a pre-construction kit is available separately.
... with a matching amplifier
The included Sledge STA-800D2C delivers 800 watts RMS to the in-wall sub. With right/left stereo RCA or LFE input, the amplifier is simple to connect to the preamp outputs of a home theater receiver, integrated amplifier, or stereo receiver. Rack-mount the amp using the included kit or simply put it on a shelf or home entertainment center. Powerful 50MHz Analog Devices audio DSP processing with precision filtering delivers rich, clean bass with everything you play.
SVS's game-changing mobile app
You can control your low-pass filter, phase, polarity, room gain, and parametric equalizers directly from the amplifier. But we highly recommend downloading SVS's very handy Bluetooth mobile app to your smartphone so you can sit in your favorite listening seat and dial in all the adjustments right from there.
Most speakers don't include any. Learn more about in-wall wiring at the Crutchfield Learning Center.
Shop our selection of in-wall speaker wire.
3000 in-wall subwoofer:
- two lightweight 9" aluminum vented-cone woofers
- resonance-free sealed aluminum and MDF enclosure
- frequency response: 22-250 Hz (±3dB)
- acoustically transparent, paintable magnetic grille
- cutout dimensions: 12-3/16"W x 25-3/16"H
- pre-construction kit available (sold separately)
- mounting depth: 4-1/16"
- warranty: 5 years
Sledge STA-800D2C amplifier:
- 800 watts RMS for a single subwoofer enclosure
- can be rack-mounted or placed in a cabinet
- Bluetooth BLE smartphone control app for iOS®, Android™, and Amazon devices
- set and control volume, adjust crossover frequencies, set the three-band parametric EQ, polarity, room gain and more
- front-panel interface with LED display
- 50 MHz Analog Devices audio DSP with 56-bit filtering
- second set of binding posts for dual subwoofer configurations
- amplifier inputs and DSP controls
- level control
- low-pass filter control
- phase control
- USB port for the SVS SoundPath Wireless Audio Adapter (sold separately)
- line-level/LFE RCA inputs
- rack-mount kit included
- detachable high-current AC power cord
- 17-1/4"W x 3-3/4"H x 7-11/16"D (2U rack spaces)
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 3000 In-wall single sub system
What's in the box:
SVS 3000 In-wall Single Subwoofer System owner's manual
- Subwoofer amplifier
- In-wall subwoofer
- 6.5' AC power cord
- 2 Banana plugs
- 2 Rack-mount brackets
- 6 Screws
- System Setup Guide
- Installation Guide
- Cutout Template
- Online Registration Card
- SVS brochure
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the SVS 3000 In-wall Single Subwoofer System
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Pair|
|Woofer Surround||Not given|
|Connector Type||Binding post|
|Outdoor (Partial Exposure)||No|
|Outdoor (Full Exposure)||No|
|Power Range (Watts)||up to 800|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Dual 9" High Output Woofers: The SVS 3000 In-Wall Subwoofer features dual 9" aluminum cone woofers that are both rigid and yet lightweight with an all-new oversized motor design in a custom-tooled basket that have been optimized for maximum acoustic output and thermal efficiency. The oversized, vented motor structure is optimized for efficient thermal and mechanical-energy management in a confined space. Massive electromagnetic force produced by the motor, in symphony with the high current driving power of the Sledge amplifier, allows the 3000 In-Wall to maximize on the output potential of the dual 9" aluminum cone woofers.
Acoustically Inert Sealed Cabinet: The SVS 3000 In-Wall Subwoofer employs an acoustically inert sealed cabinet cabinet for tight, accurate bass in the wall. Aircraft grade aluminum panels were custom formed into rigid 2.5mm thick front and rear baffles around an MDF frame of the in-wall subwoofer enclosure to create an unyielding, sonically inert cabinet for the drivers. Extensive front to back bracing eliminates any potential cabinet resonances even at extreme playback levels. The included detachable magnetic grille is acoustically transparent and paintable for seamless blending into any home environment.
Sledge ST-A800D2C Amplifier: Conservatively rated at 800 watts RMS / 2500 watts Peak power, the Sledge STA-800D2C amplifier maximizes the full potential of the dual 9" woofers with effortless power and absolute control. The innovative design combines the efficiency of a Class D amplifier with the ability to move large amounts of current through the fully discrete MOSFETs, enabling immense output with exceptional precision resulting in outstanding real-world subwoofer performance at all volume levels. The Sledge ST-A800D2 amplifier utilizes a sophisticated 50Mhz High Resolution Analog Devices Audio DSP that is one of the most advanced digital processors ever used in a subwoofer. Its the "brains" behind the serious brawn of the Class D amplifier that maintains pinpoint accuracy and pristine sound quality through advanced in-room tuning, optimized frequency response curves, powerful DSP controls and more.
Line-Level Inputs & Outputs: The Sledge ST-A800D2C is equipped with a set of line-level RCA inputs that can be utilized as a stereo RCA input, as well as a LFE (low frequency effect) input. There is also a stereo RCA line-level output. For a single mono connection to a home theater receiver, use the amplifier's R/LFE input. For stereo receivers, use both the L/R stereo RCA inputs. Use the Left/Right stereo RCA outputs on the ST-A800D2C to daisy-chain additional subwoofer amplifiers
Note: If you want to add wireless connectivity via the SVS SoundPath Wireless Adapter (946SNDPATH, sold separately), the Sledge ST-A800D2C amplifier conveniently includes a USB input on the rear-panel to easily power the wireless receiver.
Speaker Terminals: The 3000 In-Wall Subwoofer is fitted with banana plug inserts and comes with a set of banana plugs to attach your in-wall speaker wire. The Sledge STA-800D2C amplifier is outfitted with two sets of binding post speaker terminals that will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single or dual). The second set of binding posts output terminals is for a dual subwoofer configurations. In this case, a single STA-800D2C amplifier would change impedance and split the 800 watts RMS (400 watts x 2) evenly between the two in-wall subwoofers with no second amplifier needed.
Front-Panel Controls & Display: The Sledge ST-A800D2C features a front-panel display with push-button controls. The front-panel display indicates volume level, low pass filter frequency, and phase setting. The push-button controls operate volume level, low pass crossover filter frequency, and phase setting. The main power on/off switch is also located on the front-panel of the amplifier.
SVS Subwoofer App: The SVS Subwoofer app (for Apple iOS and Android OS) is the most convenient way ever to control volume, access multiple DSP functions and program custom presets for one-touch tuning optimized for music, movies, gaming, and more from your Bluetooth-connected Apple iOS or Android mobile device. Adjust crossover frequencies, a three-band parametric EQ, polarity, room gain and more from your favorite seat. The SVS subwoofer app also allows advanced customization so you can name the subwoofer for easy preset switching, choose the subwoofer standby mode and reset the subwoofer to factory settings. Bluetooth connectivity allows full control, even when the subwoofer is out of sight and bi-directional feedback shows adjustments in real-time on both the app and rear-panel subwoofer interface.
- Volume Level: The Volume Level (-60 to 0dB) affects how loud the subwoofer plays. It should be adjusted to match the output level of your loudspeakers. Setting the level too high will cause the bass to seem bloated and is the single most common cause of bad sounding subwoofers. Setting it too low will cause your movie or music soundtracks to sound "thin" and less dynamic.
- Low Pass Crossover: This Low Pass Crossover affects the upper frequency limit of the powered sub. The control range is 30-200Hz, along with a "LFE" (disabled) setting. The slope of the low pass crossover can be set 6, 12, 18, or 24dB/octave. For connection to a home theater receiver, the low pass should be set to "LFE" (disabled). For stereo receiver, it should be adjusted to blend with the natural roll-off frequency of your loudspeakers.
- Phase Adjustment: The Phase Adjustment (0-180°) solves sound wave cancellation issues at specific frequencies and perfectly aligns the arrival of output from speakers and subwoofers to your listening position. Normally set to 0° if the subwoofer is near the main speakers. Adjusting Phase shifts timing of the subwoofer output to align with the main speakers or additional subwoofers.
- Polarity Switch: In some cases, reversing polarity (Positive or Negative) solves dips or humps at the crossover frequency between a subwoofer and speaker and can be used to fix bass nulls or overly boomy spots in the listening area. Reversing the electrical polarity of the subwoofer amplifier makes it so the woofer moves in when speaker drivers move out and is normally set to positive.
- Parametric EQ: The built-in Parametric EQ is a powerful tool for removing peaks and dips in your listening area, and for creating custom subwoofer output based on personal listening preferences. It allows you to set the desired center frequency of the filter (20-200Hz), increase or decrease the SPL dB of the filter (-12 to 6.0dB), or adjust the bandwidth of the filter (0.2-10.0).
- Room Gain Compensation: The Room Gain Compensation feature fixes bloated sounding bass by optimizing low frequency output and extension when too much sound wave density is being created by a small room. The RGC frequency can be set to 25, 31, or 40Hz; while the RGC slope can be set to 6 or 12dB.
- Presets: You can store up to three preset settings for movie, music and custom. This enables easy switching to optimize the SB-3000's output and settings based on your specific listening preferences with different kinds of content. If using the SVS App, these presets can be renamed as desired.
In-Wall Installation: The 3000 In-Wall Subwoofer requires a rectangular cutout in the wall and is secured in place by the way of a "dog-leg" mounting system. A mounting template is included, while a pre-construction kit is sold separately. The "dog-leg" clamp system will accommodate 0.25" to 2.0" drywall thickness. Make sure to leave at least 0.75" of space around the interior of the cutout to accommodate the "dog-leg" clamps. The in-wall subwoofer can be mounted vertically or horizontally.
- Vertical In-Wall Mount:
- Cutout Dimensions: 12.1875" (w) x 25.1875" (h) x 4.0625" (d)
- Outer Frame Dimensions: 13.8125" (w) x 26.8125" (h) x 1.25" (d)
- Horizontal In-Wall Mount:
- Cutout Dimensions: 25.1875" (w) x 12.1875" (h) x 4.0625" (d)
- Outer Frame Dimensions: 26.8125"" (w) x 13.8125" (h) x 1.25" (d)
- Weight: 25.5 lbs
Rack Mountable: The included Sledge STA-800D2C amplifier can simply be placed on a flat tabletop surface or mounted in an equipment rack. It takes up 2U rack spaces (rack-mount hardware is included).
- Dimensions without Rack Ears: 17.3125" (w) x 3.75" (h) x 8.9375" (d)
- Dimensions with Rack Ears: 19.125" (w) x 3.75" (h) x 8.9375" (d)
Auto On/Standby: With the "Auto On/Standby" feature activated, the Sledge ST-A800D2C amplifier will automatically turn-on when an audio signal is sensed and automatically turn off if there is no audio signal for several minutes. There is also a Main Power On/Off switch located on the front of the amp.