About the SVS 3000 Micro
Groundbreaking bass from a bantamweight sub
Groundbreaking bass from a bantamweight sub
We like it when we can say that a subwoofer punches above its weight. In the case of the 3000 Micro, watch out for the little guy. This 10" cube's super-efficient MOSFET Class D amplifier topology pumps out 800 watts through dual opposing 8" woofers. The sonically inert sealed box and one-piece aluminum cones deliver surprising musicality and accuracy.
Still waters run deep
The 3000 Micro's pair of side-firing woofers are connected in parallel to the mighty Sledge STA-800DM amp that SVS built in. This allows them to move in perfect unison, canceling out mechanical energy transferred to the cabinet. Structurally reinforced high-density MDF cabinet construction further isolates the extreme-excursion drivers. So there is very little to get between you and 100+ square inches of cone surface-area pushing out thunderous low frequencies down to 23 Hz with crisp, musical detail.
Onboard and app controls
SVS's rear-mounted Intelligent Control Interface uses soft-touch buttons and an LED bar to adjust digital signal processing (DSP) settings, volume, and more. And the free phone app lets you do it all without even getting out of your seat.
The app controls crossover frequencies, parametric EQ settings, polarity, room gain, and some other parameters. Three customizable presets let you set up and switch between "listening modes" — maybe one for movies, one for music, and a third for letting your neighbors sleep at night.
The sweet spot can be almost anywhere
You won't have to find the perfect acoustic location for your 3000 Micro, since SVS's DSP control allows you to tune it to any spot in your room. And while it's designed for a small to medium room, we think a couple of these in a larger room might be as good as a single large subwoofer. Possibly even better!
- frequency response: 23-240 Hz (±3 dB)
- built-in Class D amplifier delivers 800 watts RMS of continuous power (2,500 watts peak dynamic power)
- dual opposing 8" woofers
- high-density cast aluminum basket provides outstanding rigidity, tensile strength, and energy transfer
- acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure
- rear-panel Intelligent Control Interface with backlit touch controls and LED display
- full-featured control via Bluetooth® for Apple® and Android™ devices
- app-based control of crossover frequencies, parametric EQ, polarity, and other bass management functions
- bi-directional feedback shows adjustments in real time in both app and the subwoofer's display
- selectable room gain compensation control with adjustable frequency and slope to better match bass to room size
- three digital parametric EQ filters with adjustable frequency, cut/boost, and Q values
- variable low-pass crossover
- variable phase control (0-180°)
- line-level/LFE RCA inputs
- main power on/off switch plus auto standby/on mode
- detachable high-current 6-foot power cord
- 2 non-resonant steel mesh grilles
- piano gloss black finish
- 11-11/16"W x 10-7/8"H x 12-3/16"D (with grilles)
- weight: 22.5 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 3000 MICRO PIANO GLOSS BLACK
What's in the box:
- Powered subwoofer
- 6' AC power cord
- Quick Start Guide
- SVS Brochure
SVS 3000 Micro reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the SVS 3000 Micro
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Preamp-Level Inputs||Stereo RCA/LFE|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||30-200 Hz|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||None|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||800|
|Frequency Response||23-240 Hz|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Dual Opposing 8" Woofers: The SVS 3000 Micro utilizes a dual opposing woofer driver configuration with an 8" woofer mounted on opposite sides of the sealed cabinet. By firing in opposite directions, the mechanical energy transferred to the cabinet is effectively canceled out, eliminating unwanted vibration. The dual 8" opposing woofers are connected in parallel to a single power amplifier and receive the same exact amount of current to ensure pinpoint control with each woofer moving in perfect unison for precise, accurate bass output.
- Aluminum Construction: The use of aluminum throughout the woofer, from bobbin to cone, creates a lightweight, stiff, and thermally-optimized driver without resonances or extraneous vibrations. The lightweight and rigid aluminum vented cone with composite fiber dustcap generates massive output with pinpoint accurate frequency response. In addition, each woofer utilizes a FEA optimized powder-coated frame for maximum rigidity, thermal conductivity, and mechanical damping.
- Progressive Inverted Surround: Each high-excursion 8" woofer employs a progressive inverted surround to ensure maximum linear displacement. This is imperative for moving massive amounts of air and generating sound pressure levels you can feel at the deepest frequencies from such a small enclosure.
- High Current Voice Coil: A high-current 4-layer copper voice coil winding minimizes distortion and power compression, while providing effective heat dissipation and tuned magnetics for accuracy at high excursion.
- Oversized Motor Structure: An oversized, vented motor structure is optimized for efficient thermal and mechanical-energy management in a confined space. Massive electromagnetic force produced by the motor, in symphony with the high current driving power of the Sledge amplifier, allows the 3000 Micro to maximize on the output potential of the dual driver configuration.
800W Sledge STA-800D2 Amplifier: The SVS 3000 Micro employs an 800 watt (RMS) / 2500 watt (Peak) Power Sledge STA-800D2 amplifier with discrete MOSFET output for dynamic, impactful bass without distortion. The Sledge STA-800D2 power amplifier combines the high-current output of discrete MOSFETs with Class D efficiency and the processing power of an Analog Devices DSP. The 3000 Micro's amplifier effortlessly produces sustained high-current output for the most difficult low frequency playback without clipping or bottoming out. C
- High Current Output: High Current Output from Fully Discrete MOSFETs with the efficiency of Class D amplification allows the Sledge STA-800D2 amplifier to generate massive amounts of current enabling immense output with surgical precision.
- Optimized Frequency Response: Optimized frequency response curves for the sealed cabinet 3000 Micro allow the subwoofer to take control of a room and pressurize it with accurate, heart-pounding, acoustically tuned bass.
- Multi-Band Limiters: Sophisticated multi-band limiters enable the system to behave effortlessly move air and with complete control, even when played at extreme levels.
Sophisticated 50MHz DSP Engine: A 50MHz Analog Devices DSP delivers sophisticated subwoofer control and custom response curves optimized for real-world output and acoustically tuned room gain. DSP (digital signal processing) plays a huge role in making the 3000 Micro subwoofer sound far bigger than its size. SVS engineers painstakingly crafted an in-room frequency response curve that fully maximizes on the potential of a room's boundaries to produce greater output and deeper bass extension without bloat or boominess.
Acoustically Inert Sealed Cabinet: The compact and acoustically optimized 3000 Micro sealed cabinet design blends with almost any room or setup. The cabinet features extra-thick MDF side baffles and rigid internal bracing for a resonance-free environment that remains motionless even at peak playback levels. The cabinet is available in a Gloss Black or Gloss White finish.
- Acoustic Absorption: Acoustic absorption eliminates all coloration from the cabinet, even when the deepest low frequencies are played at reference volume.
- Reinforced Bracing: Reinforced internal bracing is used for resonance free performance at the highest volume levels.
- Iso-Elastomer Feet: Custom iso-elastomer screw-in feet help to reduce noise artifacts and improve stability.
- Non-Resonant Grilles: The protective non-resonant perforated metal grilles shield the woofers to prevent damage while ensuring longevity.
Rear-Panel Intelligent Control Interface (ICI): The 3000 Micro's rear-panel Intelligent Control Interface (ICI) provides control options for the subwoofer's most critical functions - including level control, low pass filter control, and phase control.
- Level Control: Use the level control to fine tune the overall output level of the 3000 Micro to best match the rest of your speaker system and room. The level control ranges from -60dB to 0dB in 1dB steps.
- Low Pass Filter: Use the variable low pass filter to ensure smooth sonic transitions and seamless blending between the 3000 Micro and your main speakers. You can adjust the frequency (30-200Hz in 1Hz/steps) and slope (6, 12, 18, or 24dB) of the low pass filter. The slope can only be configured from the SVS Subwoofer DSP App.
- Phase Switch: The phase switch helps to align the powered subwoofer's output timing with your main speakers or additional powered subwoofers. The Phase can be set from 0 degrees to 180 degrees in 1 degree steps.
SVS Subwoofer DSP App: The SVS subwoofer smartphone app (for Apple iOS 8.0+ and Android OS 4.3+) is a convenient to control and tune the 3000 Micro powered sub from your compatible smartphone or tablet device. You'll be able to control the same functions located on the rear-panel of the sub (such as Level, Low Pass Filter, & Phase); as well more complex DSP functions (like 3-Band EQ, Polarity, & Room Gain). You can also program and store 3 presets for different content.
- 3-Band EQ: A 3-band parametric EQ allows precise adjustments for boost or cut (-12 to 6.0dB in 0.1dB/steps), Q-factor (0.2-10.0 in 0.1/steps), and frequency (20-200Hz in 1Hz/steps) so you can customize performance by eliminating peaks, nulls and other room issues.
- Polarity: In some cases, reversing polarity solves dips or humps at the crossover frequency between a subwoofer and speaker and can be used to fix bass nulls or overly boomy spots in the listening area. The polarity can be set to Positive (+) or Negative (-).
- Room Gain: Room Gain helps to fix bloated sounding bass by optimizing low frequency output and extension when too much sound wave density is being created by a small room. You can adjust the Room Gain's frequency (25, 31, or 40Hz) and Slope (6 or 12dB).
- Custom Presets: You can create and save 3 presets (Music, Movie, & Custom) for one-touch tuning with optimized settings based on listening preferences for movies, music, and more - all accessible from a single touch on the app.
Note: Your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device and the SVS Subwoofer DSP app connects to the 3000 Micro powered sub wirelessly via a Bluetooth connection.
Line-Level Inputs & Outputs: Comprehensive and flexible connectivity with line-level input and output options allow for easy set-up and integration into your home theater or stereo system.
- LFE/RCA Inputs: These unbalanced RCA inputs are used for line-level connections between your receiver and the powered sub. For a mono-LFE connection to a home theater receiver, use the R/LFE input. For stereo receivers, use both the L/R inputs on the sub. When only the R/LFE input is used, your AV receiver or preamplifier will perform the bass management and send the powered sub a pre-filtered mono signal. When both stereo L/R inputs are used, you'll have the ability to adjust the powered sub's on-board low pass filter.
- RCA Outputs: These unbalanced RCA outputs are used to daisy-chain another 3000 Micro for two powered subs in your system. You'll need to configure the subwoofer audio settings on each powered sub.
Optional Wireless Connectivity: If you want to add wireless connectivity via the SVS SoundPath Wireless Audio Adapter (sold separately), the 3000 Micro conveniently includes a rear-panel USB-A input to easily power the receiver of the SoundPath Wireless Audio Adapter. The optional SVS SoundPath Wireless Audio Adapter gives you to ability to add wireless connectivity between the SVS powered subwoofer and your AV receiver or preamplifier. It transmits a pristine audio signal up to 65' at CD-quality (16-bit/48KHz) with ultra-low latency. The SVS SoundPath Wireless Audio Adapter consists of a wireless audio transmitter and receiver.
- Transmitter: The transmitter is equipped with a 3.5mm audio input and connects to your AV receiver or preamplifier via the included 20" mono minijack-to-RCA cable or 20" stereo minijack-to-RCA cable.
- Receiver: The receiver is equipped with a 3.5mm audio input and connects to your powered subwoofer or powered speakers using the included 20" mono minijack-to-RCA cable or 20" stereo minijack-to-RCA cable.
- The transmitter and receiver are synced at the time of manufacture and will pair automatically when connected and powered on.
- Avoid placing the transmitter next to other wireless devices that could create signal interference, such as mobile phones, baby monitors, 2.4 GHz wireless phones and 2.4 GHz WiFi routers.
- Always try to keep a line-of-sight between the transmitter and receiver units with no hard barriers or walls between them for best performance.
Placement Options: The location of the SVS 3000 Micro in your listening environment can affect its performance. If possible, start with corner placement on the same wall as the front speakers, or anywhere along the front stage in between or outside of your main speakers.
- Corner Placement: Corner placement offers huge impact and reduces the potential to encounter bass nulls, or "dead spots". If "boominess" occurs, you can try pulling it away from the wall and using the DSP tuning controls to smooth performance.
- Front Placement: Front placement, in between or to the side of the front channel speakers, often results in the best blending with the main speakers and center channel and minimizes localization effects.
- Side Placement: Side wall placement is less frequently used, but can be an effective subwoofer location for excellent accuracy and output.
Note: To maximize the bass output and impact of your home theater, two 3000 Micro subs can be paired with one another with one on either side of your room.
Auto On/Standby: If the Power button is set to "Auto", it will automatically turn-on the powered subwoofer in the presence of an audio signal. If no signal is present for a period of 10 minutes, the powered subwoofer will enter "Standby" mode, where power consumption will be less than 0.5 watts. If the Power button is set to "On", the amplifier will remain on continuously and will not enter "Standby" mode.
Note: The power status light is located on the front-panel of the powered subwoofer in the upper left corner. The light will illuminate blue when the amplifier is on. The light will illuminate red when the amplifier is in standby mode.
Trigger Input: The 3V-12V Trigger input (3.5mm) automatically turn the powered sub On/Off when a signal is sent to the trigger input from another component in the system (typically an AV receiver or preamplifier). The other component in the system must be equipped with a trigger output. A mono-minijack cable is also required.
4 questions already asked