About the SVS PB-1000 Pro
Next generation bass performance
Next generation bass performance
SVS is known for their high-performance, value-packed subwoofers, and they're bringing the bass yet again. The SVS PB-1000 Pro is an upgrade to the already impressive and very popular PB-1000. This new "Pro" version borrows high-end technology from SVS' award-winning 16-Ultra Series, so it can pack in even more thunder while maintaining an attractive price point.
This sub has a 12" woofer driven by a punchy 325-watt amplifier, and its solidly built cabinet uses a dual-port design that provides maximum airflow for some serious low-end output — all without introducing pesky turbulence or distortion.
Call down the thunder
Bass isn't just about what you hear, it's about what you feel. This sub dips down into deep frequencies below the threshold of human hearing, which adds emotional impact while you're watching movies, binging TV shows, or playing video games.
My kiddo shares my love of all things Godzilla. When we're watching the King of Monsters stomp across a cityscape, few things bring that experience to life like being able to feel every booming step rumble through our bones. This SVS sub can deliver that kind of fun, and then some.
Power and precision
The PB-1000 Pro doesn't just hit hard — it also hits with finesse. The woofer's stiff, lightweight vented aluminum cone stays in control while still moving a ton of air. At the same time, the cabinet's internal structure is reinforced to prevent resonance and coloration. These factors combine to help the sub faithfully reproduce low frequency detail.
Intelligent, customizable bass
A highly sophisticated 50 MHz DSP (Digital Sound Processor) helps you refine the PB-1000 Pro's power even further. You can conveniently connect via Bluetooth® and adjust the DSP with a smartphone app. This lets you tune the sub to your room, save custom presets, and make subtle adjustments with three-band parametric equalization controls.
A rear-panel control interface also gives you manual control of the sub's output levels, room gain, low pass filter, and phase. With this much control, the PB-1000 Pro makes it easy to get your bass exactly the way you need it. In a pretty cool gesture, SVS will even provide port tuning plugs for free if you reach out to them. You can use these plugs to block one or both of the ports, effectively transforming the sub into a sealed unit. This lets you custom-tune how deep or loud your bass output is.
- frequency response: 17-260 Hz (±3 dB)
- built-in Class D amplifier delivers 325 watts RMS of continuous power (820 watts peak dynamic power)
- fully discrete MOSFETs gives the amp impressive precision at high-output levels
- advanced 50 MHz DSP processor with 56-bit filtering maintains control over the subwoofer at all drive levels for refined, low-distortion sound
- use Bluetooth to wirelessly customize your settings with a smartphone app (Android™ 4.42 or higher; iPhone® 5 or higher)
- allows you to create custom presets to match different types of media you enjoy (movies, games, etc.)
- controls include three-band parametric EQ, crossover, room gain, and polarity
- lightweight, long-throw 12" woofer for enhanced sensitivity and high-output levels
- dual bass-reflex (ported) cabinet design
- SVS will provide port tuning plugs for free if you reach out to them, helping you tailor the bass output
- rear-mounted volume, crossover, phase, and power controls with LED display bar
- push-button controls make it easy to adjust your bass
- continuously variable low-pass 50-160 Hz crossover with a disable (LFE) setting for connecting to an A/V receiver
- phase control (0-180°)
- main power on/off switch plus auto standby/on mode
- line-level/LFE RCA inputs
- speaker-level inputs
- line-level RCA outputs to daisy-chain additional powered subwoofers
- 6' detachable power cord
- premium black ash woodgrain vinyl finish
- protective mesh grille is made of non-resonant ABS fabric
- connect wirelessly with the optional SVS Soundpath (sold separately)
- 15"W x 18-15/16"H x 20"D with grille
- weight: 42.5 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PB-1000 PRO - BLACK ASH
What's in the box:
- Powered subwoofer
- 6' AC power cord
- Quick Start Guide
- SVS Support Information
SVS PB-1000 Pro reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the SVS PB-1000 Pro
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Preamp-Level Inputs||Stereo RCA/LFE|
|Speaker-Level Inputs||Binding posts|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||30-200 Hz|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||None|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||325|
|Frequency Response||17-260 Hz|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||5 Years|
12" High-Excursion Woofer: The SVS PB-1000 Pro powered sub is outfitted with a redesigned 12" high-excursion woofer that takes control of a room with heart-pounding, tonally accurate low end for more immersive listening experiences. Multiple innovations were deployed in the SVS PB-1000 Pro's high-excursion 12" woofer to ensure massive subwoofer performance from this ported powered sub. Advances to the cone, surround, voice coil, and motor assembly maximize excursion for room-energizing SPLs at the lowest frequencies, with precision and control. Deep bass extension down to 20Hz and massive output with stunning musicality will delight both audiophiles and home theater fans.
- Fiber Composite Cone: The fiber composite cone with exceptional stiffness-to-mass ratio moves massive amounts of air while starting and stopping on a dime with crisp precision.
- Proprietary Injection Surround: The proprietary injection-molded extreme-excursion surround ensures flawless pistonic motion for pinpoint control and accuracy without distortion at the highest drive levels.
- Dual Ferrite Magnet Motor: The dual ferrite magnet motor assembly with extended aluminum polepiece produces effortless on-demand driving-force for subtle and over-the-top bass thrills.
- FEA Optimized Basket: The powder coated FEA optimized driver basket provides maximum rigidity, tensile strength, and thermal energy transference.
- Dual Layer Voice Coil: The dual layer voice coil design enhances linearity and fidelity at full excursion while minimizing distortion and power compression.
STA-325D Sledge Amplifier: The PB-1000 Pro subwoofer utilizes reference amplifier technology borrowed from the flagship SVS 16-Ultra Series. The innovative design combines the efficiency of a Class D amplifier with the ability to generate lots of current through the fully discrete MOSFETs for outstanding subwoofer performance at all volume levels, in any room, for seamless integration with any home theater or stereo speaker system. The PB-1000 Pro features a 325W (RMS) / 825 (Peak) Sledge STA-325D amplifier with fully discrete MOSFET output. Harnessing the immense power while ensuring tonal accuracy and driver control for more convincing bass effects is a 50MHz Analog Devices Audio DSP with frequency response precisely tuned for the PB-1000 Pro.
- High Current Output: High current output from fully discrete MOSFETs with the efficiency of Class D amplification allows the Sledge STA-325D amplifier to generate massive amounts of current enabling immense output with surgical precision.
- Sophisticated DSP: A sophisticated 50Mhz High Resolution Analog Devices Audio DSP an advanced digital processor that maintains pristine sound quality through advanced in-room tuning, powerful DSP controls, custom presets, and more.
- Optimized Frequency Curves: Optimized frequency response curves for the sealed cabinet of the PB-1000 Pro allow the subwoofer to take control of a room and pressurize it with accurate, heart-pounding, acoustically tuned bass.
Acoustically Optimized Bass Reflex Cabinet: The SVS PB-1000 Pro utilizes a front-firing dual port bass reflex ensllosure design that enables greater output with much lower distortion compared to the original 1000 Series model. The acoustically optimized ported cabinet features extra-thick MDF front baffle and rigid internal bracing for a resonance-free environment.
- Dual Ports: The front-firing dual port design allows for maximum airflow without distortion, enhancing the quantity and quality of bass output at all drive levels.
- Acoustic Insulation: Acoustic insulation eliminates all coloration from the cabinet, even when the deepest low frequencies are played at reference volume.
- Reinforced Bracing: The reinforced internal bracing provides resonance free performance at highest volume levels.
- Iso-Elastomer Feet: The custom iso-elastomer screw-in feet help reduce noise artifacts and improve stability.
- Non-Resonant Grille: The protective non-resonant extra-thick ABS grille frame with fabric mesh cover shield driver to prevent damage while ensuring longevity.
Rear-Panel Intelligent Control Interface (ICI): The PB-1000 Pro's rear-panel Intelligent Control Interface (ICI) provides control options for the subwoofer's most critical functions - including level control, low pass filter control, and phase control.
- Level Control: Use the level control to fine tune the overall output level of the PB-1000 Pro to best match the rest of your speaker system and room. The level control ranges from -60dB to 0dB in 1dB steps.
- Low Pass Filter: Use the variable low pass filter to ensure smooth sonic transitions and seamless blending between the PB-1000 Pro and your main speakers. You can adjust the frequency (30-200Hz in 1Hz/steps) and slope (6, 12, 18, or 24dB) of the low pass filter. The slope can only be configured from the SVS Subwoofer DSP App.
- Phase Switch: The phase switch helps to align the powered subwoofer's output timing with your main speakers or additional powered subwoofers. The Phase can be set from 0 degrees to 180 degrees in 1 degree steps.
SVS Subwoofer DSP App: The SVS subwoofer smartphone app (for Apple iOS 8.0+ and Android OS 4.3+) is a convenient to control and tune the PB-1000 Pro powered sub from your compatible smartphone or tablet device. You'll be able to control the same functions located on the rear-panel of the sub (such as Level, Low Pass Filter, & Phase); as well more complex DSP functions (like 3-Band EQ, Port Tuning, Polarity, & Room Gain). You can also program and store 3 presets for different content.
- 3-Band EQ: A 3-band parametric EQ allows precise adjustments for boost or cut (-12 to 6.0dB in 0.1dB/steps), Q-factor (0.2-10.0 in 0.1/steps), and frequency (20-200Hz in 1Hz/steps) so you can customize performance by eliminating peaks, nulls and other room issues.
- Port Tuning: Variable port tuning modes with customized frequency response curves for "Standard" and "Sealed" allow tuning for maximum output or deep bass extension and transient speed. In "Standard" mode, all ports are open for the highest maximum output. In "Sealed" mode, all ports are plugged for best transient response (foam port plugs are available upon request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Polarity: In some cases, reversing polarity solves dips or humps at the crossover frequency between a subwoofer and speaker and can be used to fix bass nulls or overly boomy spots in the listening area. The polarity can be set to Positive (+) or Negative (-).
- Room Gain: Room Gain helps to fix bloated sounding bass by optimizing low frequency output and extension when too much sound wave density is being created by a small room. You can adjust the Room Gain's frequency (25, 31, or 40Hz) and Slope (6 or 12dB).
- Custom Presets: You can create and save 3 presets (Music, Movie, & Custom) for one-touch tuning with optimized settings based on listening preferences for movies, music, and more - all accessible from a single touch on the app.
Note: Your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device and the SVS Subwoofer DSP app connects to the PB-1000 Pro powered sub wirelessly via a Bluetooth connection.
Line-Level & Speaker-Level Inputs: Comprehensive and flexible connectivity with line-level and speaker-level options allow for easy set-up and integration into your home theater or stereo system.
- LFE/RCA Inputs: These unbalanced RCA inputs are used for line-level connections between your receiver and the powered sub. For a mono-LFE connection to a home theater receiver, use the R/LFE input. For stereo receivers, use both the L/R inputs on the sub. When only the R/LFE input is used, your AV receiver or preamplifier will perform the bass management and send the powered sub a pre-filtered mono signal. When both stereo L/R inputs are used, you'll have the ability to adjust the powered sub's on-board low pass filter.
- Speaker Inputs: This connection method is for 2-channel stereo applications where the integrated amplifier or stereo receiver only has speaker-level outputs. The powered sub's speaker inputs consist of 5-way binding posts that will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and banana plugs (dual or single).
- RCA Outputs: These unbalanced RCA outputs are used to daisy-chain another PB-1000 Pro for two powered subs in your system. You'll need to configure the subwoofer audio settings on each powered sub.
Optional Wireless Connectivity: If you want to add wireless connectivity via the SVS SoundPath Wireless Audio Adapter (sold separately), the PB-1000 Pro conveniently includes a rear-panel USB-A input to easily power the receiver of the SoundPath Wireless Audio Adapter. The optional SVS SoundPath Wireless Audio Adapter gives you to ability to add wireless connectivity between the SVS powered subwoofer and your AV receiver or preamplifier. It transmits a pristine audio signal up to 65' at CD-quality (16-bit/48KHz) with ultra-low latency. The SVS SoundPath Wireless Audio Adapter consists of a wireless audio transmitter and receiver.
- Transmitter: The transmitter is equipped with a 3.5mm audio input and connects to your AV receiver or preamplifier via the included 20" mono minijack-to-RCA cable or 20" stereo minijack-to-RCA cable.
- Receiver: The receiver is equipped with a 3.5mm audio input and connects to your powered subwoofer or powered speakers using the included 20" mono minijack-to-RCA cable or 20" stereo minijack-to-RCA cable.
- The transmitter and receiver are synched at the time of manufacture and will pair automatically when connected and powered on.
- Avoid placing the transmitter next to other wireless devices that could create signal interference, such as mobile phones, baby monitors, 2.4 GHz wireless phones and 2.4 GHz WiFi routers.
- Always try to keep a line-of-sight between the transmitter and receiver units with no hard barriers or walls between them for best performance.
Placement Options: The location of the SVS PB-1000 Pro in your listening environment can affect its performance. If possible, start with corner placement on the same wall as the front speakers, or anywhere along the front stage in between or outside of your main speakers.
- Corner Placement: Corner placement offers huge impact and reduces the potential to encounter bass nulls, or "dead spots". If "boominess" occurs, you can try pulling it away from the wall and using the DSP tuning controls to smooth performance.
- Front Placement: Front placement, in between or to the side of the front channel speakers, often results in the best blending with the main speakers and center channel and minimizes localization effects.
- Side Placement: Side wall placement is less frequently used, but can be an effective subwoofer location for excellent accuracy and output.
Note: To maximize the bass output and impact of your home theater, two PB-1000 Pro subs can be paired with one another with one on either side of your room.
Auto/Standby & On Switch: If this switch is set to "Auto/Standby", it will automatically turn-on the powered subwoofer in the presence of an audio signal. If no signal is present for a period of 10 minutes, the powered subwoofer will enter "Standby" mode, where power consumption will be less than 0.5 watts. If this switch is set to "On", the amplifier will remain on continuously and will not enter "Standby" mode.
Note: The power status light is located on the front-panel of the powered subwoofer in the upper left corner. The light will illuminate blue when the amplifier is on. The light will illuminate red when the amplifier is in standby mode.
Trigger Input: The 3V-12V Trigger input (3.5mm) automatically turn the powered sub On/Off when a signal is sent to the trigger input from another component in the system (typically an AV receiver or preamplifier). The other component in the system must be equipped with a trigger output. A mono-minijack cable is also required.
The SVS PB-1000 Pro replaces these items
3 questions already asked