About the SVS PB-2000
Please fasten your seatbelt
Please fasten your seatbelt
We're absolutely thrilled to be able to offer the SVS PB-2000 to our customers. Why? Because it's not often that you come across a subwoofer in this price range that can faithfully deliver bass as low and loud as this one. (All the way down to 17 Hz, to be precise!) In fact, the PB-2000 just may be in a class by itself. If you're looking for a powered sub that can fill a large home theater with deep, powerful bass that will shake the sofa and thump you in the chest, then you've come to the right place. So strap yourself in, fire up your favorite action flick or concert video, and prepare for a white-knuckle sonic adventure.
With its 500-watt amplifier, 12" aluminum cone woofer, and flared, low-noise front port, the SVS PB-2000 delivers powerful bass that will rattle your home theater's rafters.
A ported box that breathes deep
The PB-2000 starts with a bass-reflex (ported) cabinet design that allows its long-throw 12" driver to make wide excursions, creating high-output levels at very low frequencies. The sub's powerful, high-efficiency 500-watt Class D amplifier features a built-in Digital Signal Processor (DSP) that dynamically controls amplifier power to ensure you hear deep, low-distortion bass no matter how loud your music and movies get.
SVS placed the PB-2000's flared, low-noise port on the front of the enclosure to minimize back-wall interaction for greater bass accuracy and easier sub placement. The PB-2000's strong, rigid cabinet helps eliminate cabinet flex and resonance to keep your bass clean.
Easy system integration
Line-level inputs and outputs let you easily connect this sub to most audio systems. A Low Frequency Effects (LFE) input accepts the subwoofer connection from your A/V receiver. Its back-panel volume, crossover, and phase controls help you fine-tune the bass to ensure a perfect sonic match with your main speakers and your room.
The sub includes four rubber feet that reduce surface contact area to decrease the amount of vibrations transmitted to the floor. The PB-2000 makes an ideal addition to home theater or stereo music setups in larger listening rooms.
Who is SVS?
SVS was founded in 1998 by a group of audio enthusiasts seeking to develop a better alternative to the under-performing and over-priced subwoofers popular at the time. By leveraging advanced technology, using the highest quality components, and applying rigorous engineering and design principles, the SVS team has developed a line of high-performance, high-value audio products that bring music and movies to life with stunning realism.
- frequency response: 17-260 Hz (±3 dB)
- built-in Class D amplifier delivers 500 watts RMS of continuous power (1100 watts peak dynamic power)
- advanced DSP processor maintains control over the subwoofer at all drive levels for refined, low-distortion sound
- lightweight 12" aluminum woofer cone with powder-coated cast aluminum basket for high efficiency and low distortion
- bass reflex (ported) cabinet design
- rear-mounted volume, crossover, phase, and power controls
- digital actuator control knobs for precise and noise-free adjustment
- continuously variable low-pass 50-160 Hz crossover with a disable (LFE) setting for connecting an A/V receiver
- continuously variable phase control (0-180°)
- main power on/off switch plus auto standby/on mode
- line-level/LFE RCA inputs
- filtered RCA line outputs (fixed 80 Hz, 12dB/octave high-pass)
- remote trigger input
- protective non-resonant steel mesh grille
- detachable power cord
- black ash woodgrain vinyl finish
- 17-5/16"W x 20-15/16"H x 23-1/4"D
- weight: 65.6 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PB-2000 BkAsh
What's in the box:
- Powered subwoofer
- 8' AC power cord
- Owner's Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
SVS PB-2000 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the SVS PB-2000
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||50-160 Hz|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||80 Hz|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||500|
|Frequency Response||17-260 Hz|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||5 Years|
12" High Output Woofer: The front-firing 12" high output woofer of the SVS PB-2000 powered subwoofer pumps out deep and powerful bass with low distortion, for smooth and accurate performance on music and movies soundtracks. The woofer features a lightweight 12" aluminum cone for enhanced sensitivity and transient response, an upgraded suspension for improved linearity and control, plus a long-excursion rubber surround for durability and long-life. It also incorporates FEA-optimized motor technology for low distortion, heavy-duty 2" voice coil for extreme power handling, and an extended pole piece that improves heat sink and thermal management properties.
STA-500D Sledge Amplifier: The PB-2000 powered subwoofer employs a Sledge STA-500D amplifier with efficient and cool-running Class D topology. The amplifier is conservatively rated at 500 watts RMS and 1000 watts Peak. This amp features a highly advanced DSP processor offering unmatched control over the subwoofer at all volume levels, for distortion free bass.
Rigid Ported Enclosure: The SVS PB-2000 powered subwoofer features a rigid MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) cabinet with screw-in rubber feet and a non-resonant steel mesh grille to resist unwanted distortion caused by vibration. The cabinet utilizes a bass reflex (ported) design with a front-firing 4" high-flow port with inner/outer port flares for smooth bass and high output. The cabinet is elegantly finished in a premium black ash wood-grain vinyl and fits with practically any décor.
Variable Controls: The PB-2000 subwoofer has simple and straightforward control options that make integrating the subwoofer into your listening environment an easy task. The control knobs are actually digital actuators for precise and noise-free adjustment.
- Volume Control: The Volume Control (Min/Max) affects how loud the subwoofer plays. It should be adjusted to match the output level of your loudspeakers.
- Low Pass Crossover: This Low Pass Crossover affects the
upper frequency limit of the powered sub. The control
range is 50-160 Hz, along with a "LFE" (disabled) setting. The slope of the low pass crossover is 12 dB/octave. For connection to a home theater receiver, the low pass should be set to "LFE" (disabled). For stereo receiver, it should be adjusted to blend with the natural roll-off frequency of your loudspeakers.
- Phase Control: The Phase Control (0-180°) delays the signal being processed through the amplifier. It should be adjusted to obtain the most coherent and stable soundstage and transition between your loudspeakers and the powered subwoofer.
Inputs & Outputs: Comprehensive and flexible connectivity options allow for easy set-up and integration into your home theater or stereo system.
- LFE/RCA Inputs: These unbalanced RCA inputs are used for line-level connection between your receiver and the powered sub. For a single mono connection to a home theater receiver, use the R/LFE input. For stereo receivers, use both the L/R inputs.
- RCA Outputs: These unbalanced RCA outputs are used in stereo applications to high pass the signal being sent to the loudspeaker amplifier. The line level outputs feature a fixed 80Hz, 12 dB/octave high-pass filter.
Placement Options: If possible, place the subwoofer near the front stage, for best blending with the front and center loudspeaker channels.
- Corner Placement: Corner placement will accommodate most rooms and will reduce the chances for encountering a null (an acoustic cancellation in the bass response) at the listening position. If your AV receiver equalizes the subwoofer channel during auto-set-up, corner placement will often provide the best overall performance.
- Other Placement Options: If corner placement sound excessively boomy, then try moving the subwoofer to other available locations along the front stage, listening for the best balance of output and a smooth accurate response. Always redo the auto-set-up of your AV receiver after moving the subwoofer to a different location to ensure the acoustic distance and calibration level are set correctly.
- Dual Subs: To maximize the bass output and impact of your home theater, two PB-2000s can be paired; one on either side of your room.
Auto/Standby & On Switch: If this switch is set to "Auto/Standby", it will automatically turn-on the powered subwoofer in the presence of an audio signal. If no signal is present for a period of several minutes, the powered subwoofer will enter "Standby" mode, where power consumption will be less than 0.5 watts. If this switch is set to "On", the amplifier will remain on continuously and will not enter "Standby" mode.
Power Status Light: The power status light is located on the front-panel of the powered subwoofer in the upper left corner. The light will illuminate blue when the amplifier is on. The light will illuminate red when the amplifier is in standby mode.
3V-12V Trigger Input: When in standby mode, the powered sub's trigger input (3.5mm) can be used to automatically turn on the powered subwoofer if a signal is sent to this input from another component in the system (like your AV receiver) that features a trigger output.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
4 questions already asked