About the SVS Prime Pinnacle
Dynamic sound for music and movies
The SVS Prime Pinnacle reveals engaging detail in your favorite music tracks.
Dynamic sound for music and movies
For me, the "pinnacle" of design is a speaker that sounds good, looks good, and is versatile enough to handle everything I listen to. The SVS Prime Pinnacle checks all the boxes. This floor-standing speaker looks cool (particularly in Piano Black), and it has a relatively compact footprint. Plus, this speaker can bring the power when watching a blockbuster movie, or reveal soul-stirring detail when listening to your favorite albums.
No corners cut
SVS begins the speaker design process with extensive computer modeling, which helps them zero in on the right driver, crossover, and cabinet characteristics. Then, like other world-class speaker companies, they test each design in an anechoic chamber, which eliminates the effects of room reflections, to ensure highly accurate measurements.
The third and most critical step involves lots of listening. SVS's listening room was specifically designed to resemble a typical living room. The engineering team listens to familiar tracks over and over, working toward sound that is both accurate and emotionally engaging. This is where the art of listening balances out scientific measurement.
In-house driver design
SVS designs all their drivers in-house, which makes them stand out from companies that use off-the-shelf components. This approach gives them complete control over how the drivers, crossover, and cabinet interact.
Take the Prime Pinnacle's three 6-1/2" woofers, for example. Each has a separate internal compartment in the cabinet with an individually tuned 2" port. This attention to detail helps the drivers blend seamlessly together for accurate frequency response, crisp speed in transients, and deep, room-energizing bass.
The 5-1/4" midrange driver is also mounted in its own dedicated and completely sealed compartment to ensure a smooth, precise and clear midrange, free from coloration.
SVS's 1" aluminum dome tweeter is fitted with a special diffusor that keeps high frequencies sounding clean and clear, even when you crank up the volume.
This tower speaker employs a SoundMatch 3-way crossover to make all the drivers work well together. It helps create an expansive soundstage with accurate frequency response and precise imaging for a large, engaging “sweet spot."
Build a complete Prime system
- 1" aluminum dome tweeter
- 5-1/4" composite glass-fiber midrange driver
- three 6-1/2" polypropylene woofers
- frequency response: 29-25,000 Hz (±3dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 20-300 watts
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- bass-reflex cabinet with triple rear-firing ports
- separate sealed midrange enclosure improves sound quality and enhances imaging
- three separate woofer enclosures with optimized port tuning frequencies for smooth, accurate bass response
- chamfered front baffle and flush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improve high frequency response
- SoundMatch 3-way crossover helps create an expansive soundstage with accurate frequency response
- 5-way binding posts accept bare wire, pins, spade lugs, and banana connectors
- two sets of threaded adjustable feet: spikes for carpeted floors, and elastomer isolation feet for hard floors
- removable cloth grille
Dimensions and warranty:
- 8"W x 41-5/16"H x 13-15/16"D (with spiked feet and protective discs)
- weight: 57.1 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Prime Pinnacle - PB
What's in the box:
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- Grille (pre-installed)
- 4 Elastomer isolation feet (pre-installed)
- 4 Spike feet
- 4 Nuts
- 4 Protective discs
- Owner's Manual
- SVS brochure
- Online Product Registration Card
SVS Prime Pinnacle reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the SVS Prime Pinnacle
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||5.25|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Dolby Atmos Drivers||No|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Frequency Response||29-25k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
1" Aluminum Dome Tweeter: The SVS Prime Pinnacle floorstanding loudspeaker's 1" aluminum dome tweeter is light, efficient, and rigid, and plays crystal clear at high volumes for an exceptional transient response. The tweeter utilizes an FEA-optimized diffuser for even greater clarity with a sense of utter transparency, while also offering an "airy" presentation and incredibly unveiled highs so female vocals and dialogue always sound natural, crisp and smooth.
5.25" Composite Glass-Fiber Midrange Driver: The Prime Pinnacle floorstanding loudspeaker features a 5.25" composite glass-fiber midrange driver that delivers pinpoint accuracy and broad soundstage for more immersive audio experiences. The majority of audio content in music and movies is present in the midrange frequencies so it's imperative to have a driver capable of subtle details with tonal accuracy. Prime Pinnacle's midrange borrows design elements from the reference Ultra Series to deliver uncompromised audio performance at all volume levels.
Triple 6.5" Polypropylene Woofers: The Prime Pinnacle floorstanding loudspeaker houses three 6.5" polypropylene woofers. The polypropylene cone material is extremely light and rigid and maintains a flat frequency response with excellent handling across the midbass and bass frequencies. The driver's cast ABS-fiberglass composite basket ensures precision component alignment and excellent thermal transfer. Each driver also employs a vented voice coil former to minimize air compression artifacts.
SoundMatch Crossover Design: The innovative SoundMatch Crossover is a 3-way design with premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors, and heavy-trace printed circuit boards. This high performance crossover network delivers outstanding phase coherency and time domain behavior. The crossover's tapered array offers expansive, yet focused and precise soundstage, resulting in accurate frequency response at all listening positions in the room. The precise tuning of the SoundMatch Crossover also ensures pinpoint accuracy of highs, mids, and lows, while maintaining pristine signal purity.
- Tweeter-to-Midrange: 2.1 kHz (12 dB/octave slope)
- Midrange-to-Woofers: 300 Hz (12 dB/octave slope)
Performance Driven Cabinet Design: The Prime Pinnancle utilizes a FEA-optimized MDF cabinet with internal bracing to eliminate resonances. The speaker cabinet's chamfered front baffle, flush-mounted drivers, tapered edges, and acoustically transparent FEA optimized grille minimize edge diffraction and improve on-axis high frequency response for clear, precise sound staging. A separate sealed midrange enclosure improves sound quality and enhances imaging, while three separate woofer enclosures with 2" wide-flared optimized rear-firing ports (one for each woofer) deliver smooth and accurate bass response. All of these advancements are packed into an attractive cabinet, that's available in a piano gloss black or premium black ash finish.
5-Way Binding Posts: The SVS Prime Pinnacle floorstanding loudspeaker is outfitted with 5-way binding post terminals for connection of bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana connectors (single or dual). For best performance use 16AWG to 10AWG high-quality speaker wire.
Elastomer & Spike Feet: The Prime Pinnacle floorstanding speaker comes packaged with two sets of feet options that allow optimal placement on a variety of floor substrates. The elastomer isolation feet that come pre-installed on the Prime Pinnacle are perfect for hardwood, tile, laminate, and vinyl flooring. The elastomer isolation feet can be removed and replaced with the included threaded metal spikes that are designed for carpeted floors. If you want to use the metal spikes on hardwood, tile, laminate, or vinyl flooring, then use the included protective discs under the spike feet to protect your floors. Both sets of feet are threaded to allow easy leveling of the Prime Pinnacle if it should stand on an uneven surface.
- Dimensions w/ Elastomer Feet: 8.0" (w) x 41.0" (h) x 13.9375 " (d)
- Dimension w/ Spike Feet: 8.0" (w) x 41.25" (h) x 13.9375" (d)
- Dimensions w/ Spikes & Discs: 8.0" (w) x 41.3125" (h) x 13.9375" (d)
Note: The Prime Pinnacle should not be used without one type of feet installed.
Applications & Placement: The SVS Prime Pinnacle floorstanding loudspeaker can be used in a dedicated 2.1ch stereo setup or in a multichannel home theater system as fronts and/or surrounds. Proper placement of the front and surround speakers is essential to achieve the smoothest frequency response, optimal imaging and the most spacious, three-dimensional soundstage.
- Front Speaker: Stereo imaging and soundstage are affected by loudspeaker location and the listening position, relative to each other and room boundaries. SVS recommends starting with the front loudspeakers located 30°degrees to the left and right of the main listening position. Moving the loudspeakers away from room boundaries will tend to improve stereo imaging and spaciousness by attenuating and delaying boundary reflections, thus optimizing direct sound and helping to preserve spatial information in the recording. Toeing-in the loudspeakers 5°-10° can often improve imaging, however this is also a function of the distance from nearby boundaries and the ratio of direct-to-reflected sound, so experimentation with toe-in is recommended to obtain optimal results. The location of the front loudspeakers relative to nearby boundaries will excite various "room modes" which will affect the bass response of the loudspeakers. Generally, placing the loudspeakers closer to room boundaries (particularly corners) will increase the bass response. Conversely, moving the loudspeakers away from boundaries and corners will reduce the bass response.
- Surround Speaker: In a 5.1ch system, the side surround speakers should be located 90°-110° off-axis. In a 7.1ch system, dedicated rear surround speakers are placed behind the primary seating position for enhanced rear panning effects. Place the rear surround speakers at 135°-150° off-axis, relative to the primary seating position.
Note: Dedicated room treatments like absorbers, diffusers and bass traps (all sold separately) can greatly improve the sound quality of any listening environment, and are encouraged to extract the absolute best performance from any loudspeaker system.
Prime Series: The Prime series of loudspeakers from SVS consist of two floorstanding speakers (Prime Tower / Prime Pinnacle, a bookshelf speaker (Prime Bookshelf), a center channel speaker (Prime Center), a surround speaker (Prime Elevation), and a satellite speaker (Prime Satellite) - all sold separately. The SVS Prime series delivers pinpoint accuracy, powerful dynamics, exceptional clarity, and an immersive audio experience.
Optional Powered Sub: A SVS powered sub (sold separately) makes a great addition to the Prime series of loudspeakers.
3 questions already asked