About the SVS Prime Satellite
A benchmark for small speaker performance
Shown in Premium Black Ash.
A benchmark for small speaker performance
The engineers at SVS are magicians when it comes to packing big-speaker performance into small, affordable packages. The Prime Satellites are a great example. From the premium drivers and crossover, to the overbuilt cabinets, every aspect of the Prime Satellites was designed to achieve sonic excellence. Whether you want a 2-channel setup for music, or full surround sound, these little gems are giant-killers.
SVS designs every driver in-house
While many companies build their speakers using off-the-shelf components, SVS designs all their drivers in-house. This is a huge advantage because it gives them complete control over how the drivers, crossover, and cabinet interact.
The Prime Satellite 4-1/2" woofer is mounted in its own dedicated compartment, sealed off from the tweeter. The polypropylene cone material is extremely lightweight and rigid, allowing the woofer to sound clear and natural through the midrange. Since a 4-1/2" woofer can only go so deep, we recommend pairing the Satellites with one of SVS's terrific subs for truly full-range sound with your movies and music.
The 1" aluminum dome tweeter is fitted with a special diffusor that keeps high frequencies sounding crystal clear, even when you crank up the volume.
Want to save money on a matched 5.1 system?
If you're interested in a home theater speaker system based on the Prime Satellites, SVS offers a special package price on their Prime Satellite 5.1 System, which features five of the Prime Satellites, plus their SB-1000 powered subwoofer.
- 2-way design
- 1" aluminum dome tweeter
- 4-1/2" polypropylene mid/woofer
- frequency response: 69-25,000 Hz (±3dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 20-150 watts
- sensitivity: 85 dB
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- bass-reflex design with rear-firing port
- chamfered front baffle and flush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improve high frequency response
- keyhole bracket for easy, convenient wall mounting (mounting screws not included)
- 1/4" threaded brass insert for use with other mounting brackets
- elastomer stick-on bumper feet
- 5-way binding posts accept bare wire, pins, spade lugs, and banana connectors
- removable cloth grille
- 4-15/16"W x 8-13/16"H x 6-3/8"D
- weight: 6.5 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Prime Satellite - GW
What's in the box:
- 2 Satellite loudspeakers
- 2 Grilles (pre-installed)
- 8 Self-adhesive rubber bumpers
- Owner's Manual
- SVS brochure
- Online Product Registration Card
SVS Prime Satellite reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the SVS Prime Satellite
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||4.5|
|Frequency Response||69-25k Hz|
|Connector Type||5-Way post|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||28-32|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
1" Aluminum Dome Tweeter: The Prime Satellite speaker's 1" aluminum dome tweeter is light, efficient, and rigid, and plays crystal clear at high volumes for an exceptional transient response. The tweeter utilizes an FEA-optimized diffuser for even greater clarity with a sense of utter transparency, while also offering an "airy" presentation and incredibly unveiled highs so female vocals and dialogue always sound natural, crisp and smooth.
4.5" Mid-Woofer: Thoughtfully designed for acoustic excellence, the 4.5" mid-woofer is mounted in its own dedicated and completely sealed compartment to ensure smooth, precise and clear midrange and bass output that's free from coloration. The polypropylene cone material is extremely light and rigid and maintains a flat frequency response with excellent handling across the foundational mid-range frequencies. The mid-woofer also utilizes an aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance and lower distortion, while its vented voice coil former minimizes air compression artifacts. The mid-woofer's cast ABS-fiberglass composite basket ensures precision component alignment and excellent thermal transfer.
SoundMatch Crossover Design: The innovative SoundMatch Crossover is a 2.3kHz (12dB/oct) two-way design with premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors, and heavy-trace printed circuit boards. This high performance crossover network delivers outstanding phase coherency and time domain behavior. The crossover's tapered array offers expansive, yet focused and precise soundstage, resulting in accurate frequency response at all listening positions in the room. The precise tuning of the SoundMatch Crossover also ensures pinpoint accuracy of highs, mids, and lows, while maintaining pristine signal purity.
Performance Driven Cabinet Design: The Prime Satellite loudspeaker cabinet design offers a modern industrial feel with acoustic enhancements. The speaker cabinet's chamfered front baffle, flush-mounted drivers, tapered edges, and acoustically transparent FEA optimized grille minimize edge diffraction and improve on-axis high frequency response for clear, precise sound staging. Each speaker cabinet also utilizes a 1" wide-flared rear-firing port for greater efficiency and smoother response. All of these advancements are packed into a compact but attractive cabinet, that's available in a piano gloss black, piano gloss white or premium black ash finish.
5-Way Binding Posts: The SVS Prime Satellite loudspeakers are outfitted with 5-way binding post terminals for connection of bare wire, pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana connectors (single or dual). Use 18AWG speaker wire for wire runs up to 10', 16AWG speaker wire for wire runs up to 25', 14AWG speaker wire for wire runs up to 50', and 12AWG speaker wire for wire runs up to 75'.
Mounting Options: The SVS Prime Satellite loudspeakers offer flexible mounting options to suit your home theater application.
- Table-Top Mount: The Prime Satellite speakers can simply be placed on a stand, shelf, or table-top. Each satellite includes stick-on feet that can be attached to the bottom of the speakers to protect them when placed on speaker stands and other surfaces. The rubber feet add approximately 0.125" to the overall height of the speakers.
- Wall-Mount: Each Prime Satellite loudspeaker comes with a pre-installed keyhole bracket that makes wall-mounting the speaker simple and convenient (mounting screws not included). There is also a 1/4"-20 threaded insert on the back of each speaker cabinet for wall mounting the speakers using articulating wall-mount brackets (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). Before hanging, be sure to attach a set of the included rubber bumpers to each lower back corner of the Prime Satellite (these will help keep the speaker level, and prevent spinning on the wall).
Applications & Placement: The SVS Prime Satellite loudspeakers can be used in a dedicated 2.1ch stereo setup or in a multichannel home theater system as fronts and/or surrounds. Proper placement of the front and surround speakers is essential to achieve the smoothest frequency response, optimal imaging and the most spacious, three-dimensional soundstage.
- Front Speakers: Stereo imaging and soundstage are affected by loudspeaker location and the listening position, relative to each other and room boundaries. Moving the loudspeakers away from room boundaries will tend to improve stereo imaging and spaciousness by attenuating and delaying boundary reflections, thus optimizing direct sound and helping to preserve spatial information in the recording. Toeing-in the loudspeakers 5°-10° can often improve imaging, however this is also a function of the distance from nearby boundaries and the ratio of direct-to-reflected sound, so experimentation with toe-in is recommended to obtain optimal results. The location of the front loudspeakers relative to nearby boundaries will excite various "room modes" which will affect the bass response of the loudspeakers. Generally, placing the loudspeakers closer to room boundaries (particularly corners) will increase the bass response. Conversely, moving the loudspeakers away from boundaries and corners will reduce the bass response.
- Surround Speakers: In a 5.1ch system, the side surround speakers should be located 90°-110° off-axis. For the best sense of spaciousness, the tweeter height should be about 2' above ear level. In a 7.1ch system, dedicated rear surround speakers are placed behind the primary seating position for enhanced rear panning effects. Place the rear surround speakers at 135°-150° off-axis, relative to the primary seating position. As with the side surround speakers, position the rear surround tweeters about 2' above head level when seated.
Note: Dedicated room treatments like absorbers, diffusers and bass traps (all sold separately) can greatly improve the sound quality of any listening environment, and are encouraged to extract the absolute best performance from any loudspeaker system.
Prime Series: The Prime series of loudspeakers from SVS consist of two floorstanding speakers (Prime Tower / Prime Pinnacle, a bookshelf speaker (Prime Bookshelf), a center channel speaker (Prime Center), a surround speaker (Prime Elevation), and a satellite speaker (Prime Satellite) - all sold separately. The SVS Prime series delivers pinpoint accuracy, powerful dynamics, exceptional clarity, and an immersive audio experience.
Optional Powered Sub: A SVS powered sub (sold separately) makes a great addition to the Prime series of loudspeakers.
1 question already asked