About the SVS Prime Satellite Pro 5.1 System
Big sound in a small package
Big sound in a small package
If you want a home theater system but don't want to use up a lot of precious space, SVS has you covered with their Prime Satellite Pro 5.1 system. It uses five of their surprisingly powerful Prime Satellite speakers and the hefty, app-controllable SB-1000 Pro subwoofer to bring the movie theater or front-row concert seats straight to your living room.
Envelop yourself in sound
Don't let their size fool you — the Prime Satellite speakers can handle anything you throw at them with authority. Inside, the 4-1/2" woofer is sealed off from the tweeter to prevent any internal resonances from hurting the sound. The light and rigid polypropylene cone sounds fast, clean, and clear all throughout the mids and midbass. The aluminum dome tweeter keeps the highs accurate and crisp without being ear-fatiguing.
Those factors combined make the sound signature of the speakers perfect for longer music sessions. If you're watching a movie, you'll notice that as the sound transitions from left to right or front to back, the speakers keep up without missing a beat, adding another level of immersion to your favorite flicks.
Harness the thunder
The SB-1000 Pro is one of SVS's most compact and affordable subs, but don't let the word "affordable" worry you. It's one mean thumping machine. The 12" woofer gets its juice from a 325-watt Class D amplifier and unleashes ground-shaking bass that stays precise and punchy. Explosions and thunder in movies tend to hit you right in the chest. Kick drumps and timpani have a good amount of "oomph," and the sub helps to add a foundational bass layer to your tunes.
Setting up and fine-tuning the sub is easy Just pair your smartphone or tablet to the SB-1000 Pro over Bluetooth®, fire up SVS's app, and tune it to your room. The app has a 3-band parametric equalizer for minute adjustments. Once you've got everything set where you like it, don't forget to save your preset in case you need to go back to it later.
- includes five matching satellite speakers and a 12" powered subwoofer
- system frequency response: 20-25,000 Hz
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Prime Satellite speaker specs:
- 2-way design
- 1" aluminum dome tweeter
- 4-1/2" polypropylene mid/woofer
- frequency response: 69-25,000 Hz (±3dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 20-150 watts
- sensitivity: 85 dB
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- bass-reflex cabinet with rear-firing port
- chamfered front baffle and flush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improve high frequency response
- 5-way binding posts accept bare wire, pins, spade lugs, and banana connectors
- keyhole bracket for easy wall-mounting (mounting screws not included)
- 1/4" threaded brass insert for use with other mounting brackets
- elastomer stick-on bumper feet
- 4-15/16"W x 8-13/16"H x 6-3/8"D
- weight: 6.5 lbs. each
SB-1000 Pro powered subwoofer specs:
- lightweight 12" long-throw woofer
- frequency response: 20-270 Hz (±3 dB)
- built-in Class D amplifier delivers 325 watts RMS of continuous power (820 watts peak dynamic power)
- advanced 50 MHz DSP processor with 56-bit filtering maintains control over the subwoofer at all drive levels for refined, low-distortion sound
- use the SVS app (available for iOS® and Android™) to wirelessly customize your settings
- dual bass-reflex (ported) cabinet design
- rear-mounted volume, crossover, phase, and power controls with LED display bar
- line-level/LFE RCA inputs
- speaker-level inputs
- line-level RCA outputs to daisy-chain additional powered subwoofers
- protective mesh grille is made of non-resonant ABS fabric
- 13"W x 13-7/16"H x 15-13/16"D with grille
- weight: 26.1 lbs.
- MFR # PRIME SATELLITE 5.1 PRO-BLACK ASH
What's in the box:
- SVS Prime Satellites:
- 5 Satellite loudspeakers
- 5 Grilles (pre-installed)
- 20 Self-adhesive rubber bumpers
- Owner's Manual
- SVS brochure
- Online Product Registration Card
- SVS SB1000 Pro:
- Powered subwoofer
- 6' AC power cord
- Quick Start Guide
- SVS Support Information
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the SVS Prime Satellite Pro 5.1 System
Features & specs
|Pieces in System||6|
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||4-1/2|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||28-32|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|RMS Power Range (watts)||20-150|
|Subwoofer RMS Power (watts)||325|
|Main Speakers (inches)||8-3/4H x 4-15/16W x 6D|
|Center Speaker (inches)||4-15/16H x 8-3/4W x 6D|
|Surround Speakers (inches)||8-3/4H x 4-15/16W x 6D|
|Subwoofer (inches)||13-1/2H x 13W x 15-13/16D|
SVS SB-1000 Powered Sub
SVS Prime Satellite Speakers
1" Aluminum Dome Tweeter: The Prime Satellite speaker's 1" aluminum dome tweeter is light, efficient, and rigid, and plays crystal clear at high volumes for an exceptional transient response. The tweeter utilizes an FEA-optimized diffuser for even greater clarity with a sense of utter transparency, while also offering an "airy" presentation and incredibly unveiled highs so female vocals and dialogue always sound natural, crisp and smooth.
4.5" Mid-Woofer: Thoughtfully designed for acoustic excellence, the 4.5" mid-woofer is mounted in its own dedicated and completely sealed compartment to ensure smooth, precise and clear midrange and bass output that's free from coloration. The polypropylene cone material is extremely light and rigid and maintains a flat frequency response with excellent handling across the foundational mid-range frequencies. The mid-woofer also utilizes an aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance and lower distortion, while its vented voice coil former minimizes air compression artifacts. The mid-woofer's cast ABS-fiberglass composite basket ensures precision component alignment and excellent thermal transfer.
SoundMatch Crossover Design: The innovative SoundMatch Crossover is a 2.3kHz (12dB/oct) two-way design with premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors, and heavy-trace printed circuit boards. This high performance crossover network delivers outstanding phase coherency and time domain behavior. The crossover's tapered array offers expansive, yet focused and precise soundstage, resulting in accurate frequency response at all listening positions in the room. The precise tuning of the SoundMatch Crossover also ensures pinpoint accuracy of highs, mids, and lows, while maintaining pristine signal purity.
Performance Driven Cabinet Design: The Prime Satellite loudspeaker cabinet design offers a modern industrial feel with acoustic enhancements. The speaker cabinet's chamfered front baffle, flush-mounted drivers, tapered edges, and acoustically transparent FEA optimized grille minimize edge diffraction and improve on-axis high frequency response for clear, precise sound staging. Each speaker cabinet also utilizes a 1" wide-flared rear-firing port for greater efficiency and smoother response. All of these advancements are packed into a compact but attractive cabinet, that's available in a piano gloss black, piano gloss white or premium black ash finish.
5-Way Binding Posts: The SVS Prime Satellite loudspeakers are outfitted with 5-way binding post terminals for connection of bare wire, pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana connectors (single or dual). Use 18AWG speaker wire for wire runs up to 10', 16AWG speaker wire for wire runs up to 25', 14AWG speaker wire for wire runs up to 50', and 12AWG speaker wire for wire runs up to 75'.
Mounting Options: The SVS Prime Satellite loudspeakers offer flexible mounting options to suit your home theater application.
- Table-Top Mount: The Prime Satellite speakers can simply be placed on a stand, shelf, or table-top. Each satellite includes stick-on feet that can be attached to the bottom of the speakers to protect them when placed on speaker stands and other surfaces. The rubber feet add approximately 0.125" to the overall height of the speakers.
- Wall-Mount: Each Prime Satellite loudspeaker comes with a pre-installed keyhole bracket that makes wall-mounting the speaker simple and convenient (mounting screws not included). There is also a 1/4"-20 threaded insert on the back of each speaker cabinet for wall mounting the speakers using articulating wall-mount brackets (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). Before hanging, be sure to attach a set of the included rubber bumpers to each lower back corner of the Prime Satellite (these will help keep the speaker level, and prevent spinning on the wall).
Applications & Placement: The SVS Prime Satellite loudspeakers can be used in a 5.1ch home theater system as fronts, center, and surrounds. Additional Prime Satellite loudspeakers (sold separately) can be purchased to create a 7.1ch or larger home theater setup. Proper placement of the front and surround speakers is essential to achieve the smoothest frequency response, optimal imaging and the most spacious, three-dimensional soundstage.
- Front Speakers: Stereo imaging and soundstage are affected by loudspeaker location and the listening position, relative to each other and room boundaries. Moving the loudspeakers away from room boundaries will tend to improve stereo imaging and spaciousness by attenuating and delaying boundary reflections, thus optimizing direct sound and helping to preserve spatial information in the recording. Toeing-in the loudspeakers 5°-10° can often improve imaging, however this is also a function of the distance from nearby boundaries and the ratio of direct-to-reflected sound, so experimentation with toe-in is recommended to obtain optimal results. The location of the front loudspeakers relative to nearby boundaries will excite various "room modes" which will affect the bass response of the loudspeakers. Generally, placing the loudspeakers closer to room boundaries (particularly corners) will increase the bass response. Conversely, moving the loudspeakers away from boundaries and corners will reduce the bass response.
- Center Speaker: The Center speaker should be placed directly on-axis, relative to the primary seating position. As with the main front speakers, placing the tweeter at or near ear level when seated is optimal (but this may no always be possible). If the cetner speaker must be located below ear level, then an upward tilt of the speaker recommended to improve high and midrange frequency response and dialog intelligibility.
- Surround Speakers: In a 5.1ch system, the side surround speakers should be located 90°-110° off-axis. For the best sense of spaciousness, the tweeter height should be about 2' above ear level. In a 7.1ch system (additional speakers required), dedicated rear surround speakers are placed behind the primary seating position for enhanced rear panning effects. Place the rear surround speakers at 135°-150° off-axis, relative to the primary seating position. As with the side surround speakers, position the rear surround tweeters about 2' above head level when seated.
Note: Dedicated room treatments like absorbers, diffusers and bass traps (all sold separately) can greatly improve the sound quality of any listening environment, and are encouraged to extract the absolute best performance from any loudspeaker system.
SVS SB-1000 Powered Sub
12" High-Excursion Woofer: The SVS SB-1000 Pro powered sub is outfitted with a redesigned 12" high-excursion woofer that takes control of a room with heart-pounding, tonally accurate low end for more immersive listening experiences. Multiple innovations were deployed in the SVS SB-1000 Pro's high-excursion 12" woofer to ensure massive subwoofer performance from a relatively compact powered sub. Advances to the cone, surround, voice coil, and motor assembly maximize excursion for room-energizing SPLs at the lowest frequencies, with precision and control. Deep bass extension down to 20Hz and massive output with stunning musicality will delight both audiophiles and home theater fans.
- Fiber Composite Cone: The fiber composite cone with exceptional stiffness-to-mass ratio moves massive amounts of air while starting and stopping on a dime with crisp precision.
- Proprietary Injection Surround: The proprietary injection-molded extreme-excursion surround ensures flawless pistonic motion for pinpoint control and accuracy without distortion at the highest drive levels.
- Dual Ferrite Magnet Motor: The dual ferrite magnet motor assembly with extended aluminum polepiece produces effortless on-demand driving-force for subtle and over-the-top bass thrills.
- FEA Optimized Basket: The powder coated FEA optimized driver basket provides maximum rigidity, tensile strength, and thermal energy transference.
- Dual Layer Voice Coil: The dual layer voice coil design enhances linearity and fidelity at full excursion while minimizing distortion and power compression.
STA-325D Sledge Amplifier: The SB-1000 Pro subwoofer utilizes reference amplifier technology borrowed from the flagship SVS 16-Ultra Series. The innovative design combines the efficiency of a Class D amplifier with the ability to generate lots of current through the fully discrete MOSFETs for outstanding subwoofer performance at all volume levels, in any room, for seamless integration with any home theater or stereo speaker system. The SB-1000 Pro features a 325W (RMS) / 825 (Peak) Sledge STA-325D amplifier with fully discrete MOSFET output. Harnessing the immense power while ensuring tonal accuracy and driver control for more convincing bass effects is a 50MHz Analog Devices Audio DSP with frequency response precisely tuned for the SB-1000 Pro.
- High Current Output: High current output from fully discrete MOSFETs with the efficiency of Class D amplification allows the Sledge STA-325D amplifier to generate massive amounts of current enabling immense output with surgical precision.
- Sophisticated DSP: A sophisticated 50Mhz High Resolution Analog Devices Audio DSP an advanced digital processor that maintains pristine sound quality through advanced in-room tuning, powerful DSP controls, custom presets, and more.
- Optimized Frequency Curves: Optimized frequency response curves for the sealed cabinet of the SB-1000 Pro allow the subwoofer to take control of a room and pressurize it with accurate, heart-pounding, acoustically tuned bass.
Acoustically Inert Sealed Cabinet: The acoustically inert and optimized sealed (acoustic suspension) cabinet features an extra-thick MDF front baffle and rigid internal bracing to create a resonance-free environment. Its compact design fits in nearly any room or system. The cabinet is available in a Premium Black Ash, Piano Gloss Black, or Piano Gloss White finish.
- Acoustic Absorption: Acoustic absorption eliminates all coloration from the cabinet, even when the deepest low frequencies are played at reference volume.
- Reinforced Bracing: Reinforced internal bracing is used for resonance free performance at the highest volume levels.
- Iso-Elastomer Feet: Custom iso-elastomer screw-in feet help to reduce noise artifacts and improve stability.
- Non-Resonant Grille: The protective non-resonant extra-thick ABS grille frame with fabric mesh cover shields the woofer to prevent damage while ensuring longevity.
Rear-Panel Intelligent Control Interface (ICI): The SB-1000 Pro's rear-panel Intelligent Control Interface (ICI) provides control options for the subwoofer's most critical functions - including level control, low pass filter control, and phase control.
- Level Control: Use the level control to fine tune the overall output level of the SB-1000 Pro to best match the rest of your speaker system and room. The level control ranges from -60dB to 0dB in 1dB steps.
- Low Pass Filter: Use the variable low pass filter to ensure smooth sonic transitions and seamless blending between the SB-1000 Pro and your main speakers. You can adjust the frequency (30-200Hz in 1Hz/steps) and slope (6, 12, 18, or 24dB) of the low pass filter. The slope can only be configured from the SVS Subwoofer DSP App.
- Phase Switch: The phase switch helps to align the powered subwoofer's output timing with your main speakers or additional powered subwoofers. The Phase can be set from 0 degrees to 180 degrees in 1 degree steps.
SVS Subwoofer DSP App: The SVS subwoofer smartphone app (for Apple iOS 8.0+ and Android OS 4.3+) is a convenient to control and tune the SB-1000 Pro powered sub from your compatible smartphone or tablet device. You'll be able to control the same functions located on the rear-panel of the sub (such as Level, Low Pass Filter, & Phase); as well more complex DSP functions (like 3-Band EQ, Polarity, & Room Gain). You can also program and store 3 presets for different content.
- 3-Band EQ: A 3-band parametric EQ allows precise adjustments for boost or cut (-12 to 6.0dB in 0.1dB/steps), Q-factor (0.2-10.0 in 0.1/steps), and frequency (20-200Hz in 1Hz/steps) so you can customize performance by eliminating peaks, nulls and other room issues.
- Polarity: In some cases, reversing polarity solves dips or humps at the crossover frequency between a subwoofer and speaker and can be used to fix bass nulls or overly boomy spots in the listening area. The polarity can be set to Positive (+) or Negative (-).
- Room Gain: Room Gain helps to fix bloated sounding bass by optimizing low frequency output and extension when too much sound wave density is being created by a small room. You can adjust the Room Gain's frequency (25, 31, or 40Hz) and Slope (6 or 12dB).
- Custom Presets: You can create and save 3 presets (Music, Movie, & Custom) for one-touch tuning with optimized settings based on listening preferences for movies, music, and more - all accessible from a single touch on the app.
Note: Your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device and the SVS Subwoofer DSP app connects to the SB-1000 Pro powered sub wirelessly via a Bluetooth connection.
Line-Level & Speaker-Level Inputs: Comprehensive and flexible connectivity with line-level and speaker-level options allow for easy set-up and integration into your home theater or stereo system.
- LFE/RCA Inputs: These unbalanced RCA inputs are used for line-level connections between your receiver and the powered sub. For a mono-LFE connection to a home theater receiver, use the R/LFE input. For stereo receivers, use both the L/R inputs on the sub. When only the R/LFE input is used, your AV receiver or preamplifier will perform the bass management and send the powered sub a pre-filtered mono signal. When both stereo L/R inputs are used, you'll have the ability to adjust the powered sub's on-board low pass filter.
- Speaker Inputs: This connection method is for 2-channel stereo applications where the integrated amplifier or stereo receiver only has speaker-level outputs. The powered sub's speaker inputs consist of 5-way binding posts that will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and banana plugs (dual or single).
- RCA Outputs: These unbalanced RCA outputs are used to daisy-chain another SB-1000 Pro for two powered subs in your system. You'll need to configure the subwoofer audio settings on each powered sub.
Optional Wireless Connectivity: If you want to add wireless connectivity via the SVS SoundPath Wireless Audio Adapter (sold separately), the SB-1000 Pro conveniently includes a rear-panel USB-A input to easily power the receiver of the SoundPath Wireless Audio Adapter. The optional SVS SoundPath Wireless Audio Adapter gives you to ability to add wireless connectivity between the SVS powered subwoofer and your AV receiver or preamplifier. It transmits a pristine audio signal up to 65' at CD-quality (16-bit/48KHz) with ultra-low latency. The SVS SoundPath Wireless Audio Adapter consists of a wireless audio transmitter and receiver.
- Transmitter: The transmitter is equipped with a 3.5mm audio input and connects to your AV receiver or preamplifier via the included 20" mono minijack-to-RCA cable or 20" stereo minijack-to-RCA cable.
- Receiver: The receiver is equipped with a 3.5mm audio input and connects to your powered subwoofer or powered speakers using the included 20" mono minijack-to-RCA cable or 20" stereo minijack-to-RCA cable.
- The transmitter and receiver are synched at the time of manufacture and will pair automatically when connected and powered on.
- Avoid placing the transmitter next to other wireless devices that could create signal interference, such as mobile phones, baby monitors, 2.4 GHz wireless phones and 2.4 GHz WiFi routers.
- Always try to keep a line-of-sight between the transmitter and receiver units with no hard barriers or walls between them for best performance.
Placement Options: The location of the SVS SB-1000 Pro in your listening environment can affect its performance. If possible, start with corner placement on the same wall as the front speakers, or anywhere along the front stage in between or outside of your main speakers.
- Corner Placement: Corner placement offers huge impact and reduces the potential to encounter bass nulls, or "dead spots". If "boominess" occurs, you can try pulling it away from the wall and using the DSP tuning controls to smooth performance.
- Front Placement: Front placement, in between or to the side of the front channel speakers, often results in the best blending with the main speakers and center channel and minimizes localization effects.
- Side Placement: Side wall placement is less frequently used, but can be an effective subwoofer location for excellent accuracy and output.
Note: To maximize the bass output and impact of your home theater, two SB-1000 Pro subs can be paired with one another with one on either side of your room.
Auto/Standby & On Switch: If this switch is set to "Auto/Standby", it will automatically turn-on the powered subwoofer in the presence of an audio signal. If no signal is present for a period of 10 minutes, the powered subwoofer will enter "Standby" mode, where power consumption will be less than 0.5 watts. If this switch is set to "On", the amplifier will remain on continuously and will not enter "Standby" mode.
Note: The power status light is located on the front-panel of the powered subwoofer in the upper left corner. The light will illuminate blue when the amplifier is on. The light will illuminate red when the amplifier is in standby mode.
Trigger Input: The 3V-12V Trigger input (3.5mm) automatically turn the powered sub On/Off when a signal is sent to the trigger input from another component in the system (typically an AV receiver or preamplifier). The other component in the system must be equipped with a trigger output. A mono-minijack cable is also required.
The SVS Prime Satellite Pro 5.1 System replaces these items
- includes 5 matching satellite speakers and a subwoofer
- 12" powered subwoofer with built-in 300-watt amplifier
- system frequency response: 24-25,000 Hz