Powered subwoofer with Bluetooth® control (Piano Gloss Black)
Our take on the SVS SB-3000 by Crutchfield's Kramer Crane
A compact powerhouse from SVS
Here's a constant tension in my household: on the one side, there's me wanting huge home theater speakers, and on the other side, there's my partner wanting enough space so she can easily navigate through our living room. SVS has a solution for folks like me: their all-new SB-3000 delivers seismic bass that satisfies low-frequency cravings, but with a compact footprint that won't take over the room. Talk about win-win!
I believe the SB-3000 to be one of the company's best subwoofer values to date. Use it with confidence for exceptional low-frequency performance with music, movies, and video game soundtracks.
The SB-3000 sports SVS's new rear-panel touch controls, which make changing settings simple and intuitive (shown in piano gloss black).
Goal number one: move a lot of air
I'll get into the more nuanced aspects of this sub in a moment. But first things first: the SB-3000's most notable trait is its sheer brute strength. Its heavily braced enclosure houses a massive 13" woofer. This exceptionally large surface area means there's a ton of bass wave generation.
This mammoth driver is powered by an 800-watt RMS amplifier which allows it to produce commanding bass all the way down to 18 Hz (that's dipping into subsonic territory — bass you feel but can't hear).
Simply put, this sub is a beast. But its hard-hitting bass isn't sloppy or undefined. To the contrary, it offers a high degree of accuracy and low-frequency definition.
Simple control from the sub or your phone
SVS has made the SB-3000 a breeze to operate and control. On the back panel is a new Intelligent Control Interface, which uses touch buttons and an LED bar to make changing DSP settings, volume, and other audio adjustments straightforward.
You can also control this sub via a free app on your phone, which lets you select your room's layout, change audio settings, tweak crossover and volume levels, and switch listening modes right from your seat.
Bass tailored to your room
SVS knows that a sub's performance is largely determined by the acoustics of your room, and your subwoofer's position within it. Thankfully, this sub doesn't have to be wrangled into the one and only perfect spot in your room. It offers a host of sound adjustments that let you get great sound wherever it's located.
Use the app to adjust crossover frequencies, parametric EQ settings, polarity, room gain, and other bass management functions. You can even save up to three groups of tailored settings as presets. These let you set up and switch between "listening modes" for a particular time of day or entertainment source. For instance, you can easily dial the bass down for nighttime listening.
- frequency response: 18-270 Hz (±3 dB)
- built-in Class D amplifier delivers 800 watts RMS of continuous power (2,500 watts peak dynamic power)
- front-firing 13" aluminum vented cone
- acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure
- rear-panel Intelligent Control Interface with backlit touch controls and LED display
- full-featured control via Bluetooth® for Apple® and Android™ devices
- app-based control of crossover frequencies, parametric EQ, polarity, and other bass management functions
- bi-directional feedback shows adjustments in real time in both app and the subwoofer's display
- selectable room gain compensation control with adjustable frequency and slope to better match bass to room size
- three digital Parametric EQ filters with adjustable frequency, cut/boost, and Q values
- variable low-pass crossover
- variable phase control (0-180°)
- line-level/LFE RCA inputs
- main power on/off switch plus auto standby/on mode
- infrared (IR) remote control included
- detachable high-current 6-foot power cord
- non-resonant steel mesh grille
- piano gloss black finish
- 15-1/4"W x 15-5/8"H x 17-13/16"D (with grille)
- weight: 54.5 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||13|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||---|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||---|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||800|
|Frequency Response||54.5 Hz|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||---|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||---|
Looking for more? Check out the next model in this lineup.
Get fuller bass from a larger driver and more powerful amp
The SVS SB-4000 offers these features:
front-firing 13-1/2" composite paper/fiberglass cone with die-cast aluminum basket for extreme performance and reliability
built-in Class D amplifier delivers 1200 watts RMS of continuous power (4000 watts peak dynamic power)
frequency response: 19-310 Hz (±3 dB)