About the SVS Prime Wireless SoundBase
High-performance wireless audio
High-performance wireless audio
I met the folks from SVS when they came to Crutchfield to demo their new Prime Wireless products. I heard the Prime Wireless SoundBase in action, which sounded phenomenal powering a pair of SVS's passive Ultra Bookshelf speakers. This versatile amplifier can drive just about any stereo speaker with its 300 watts of power. And it can provide line-level output to a home theater system, all with clarity and detail. It's a great way to make your current audio gear part of a high-performance multi-room audio system.
Multi-room audio with Play-Fi
The SVS Prime SoundBase uses your home Wi-Fi® network and DTS Play-Fi technology for convenient music playback from your mobile device of choice. Stream music wirelessly from your smartphone, tablet, or PC or play services like TIDAL, Spotify®, Pandora®, and Rhapsody. And you can also enjoy SiriusXM if you have a subscription. And the system has six presets for your favorite Play-Fi music sources.
Build out your multi-room audio system with additional SVS Prime or Play-Fi speakers and components. You can have speakers in different rooms playing the same thing, or all playing from a different source. And you can control it all with the free Play-Fi app downloaded to your smartphone or tablet.
Play-Fi's Critical Listening Mode enables 24-bit/192kHz lossless streaming over Wi-Fi to a single zone at a time. So you can enjoy high-resolution WAV or FLAC files without downsampling.
Built-in Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX®
You can also stream music wirelessly from your smartphone or tablet to the Prime Wireless SoundBase system via Bluetooth. The system includes aptX audio coding for near-CD quality sound from compatible devices.
Stereo RCA connectors let you hook up your CD player, receiver, or another audio component. Use the digital optical input to connect your TV. Enjoy music from handheld devices through the stereo minijack.
The system also has a USB port for hardware updates, which you can use to recharge your smartphone or tablet. And you can connect a subwoofer like one of SVS's highly rated models, via a mono sub output.
Compatible with Amazon Alexa
The SVS Prime SoundBase does not have built-in microphones. But if you add (or already own) an Amazon Echo or Echo Dot, you can give it voice commands through Alexa. This feature is set up through the DTS Play-Fi app and enabled by the specific Play-Fi skill available through Amazon.
- Class D amplifier provides 150 watts x 2 into 4 ohms
- rated bandwidth: 10-20,000 Hz (±1 dB)
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi® for wireless music streaming when connected to a home network
- Bluetooth 4.0 including AAC and aptX technology for high-fidelity streaming with compatible devices
DTS Play-Fi app:
- free download from Apple App Store® and Google Play
- plays music stored on network hard drives and computers (DLNA-compatible)
- supports Spotify® Connect, Pandora®, Deezer, Amazon Music Unlimited, TIDAL, SiriusXM, Qobuz, Napster, iHeartRadio, and thousands of free internet radio stations (subscription required for some services)
- play the same music in multiple zones simultaneously or individually select music for each zone
- plays MP3, M4A, AAC, FLAC, AIFF, and WAV files; sampling rates up to 24-bit/192kHz (downsamples high-resolution PCM files to 16-bit/48kHz)
- Critical Listening Mode allows streaming of high-res files up to 24-bit/192kHz in native resolution for a single zone at a time
- Toslink digital optical input
- 3.5mm stereo minijack input
- RCA stereo input
- USB port for firmware updates and device recharging
- RCA stereo line level output
- front-panel 1/4" headphone output
- plugging in headphones automatically mutes the speaker outputs
- mono subwoofer output
- Ethernet input and output ports
- 9-3/16"W x 3"H x 7-7/8"D
- weight: 4.89 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Prime Soundbase
What's in the box:
- Network audio integrated amplifier
- 6' AC power cord
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty/Registration Card
- SVS brochure
SVS Prime Wireless SoundBase reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the SVS Prime Wireless SoundBase
Features & specs
|Aux Input||3.5mm, RCA|
|Wi-Fi Bands||2.4, 5GHz|
|Max. Digital Audio Bit Depth||24-bit|
|Max. Digital Audio Sample Rate||192 kHz|
|Bose Home Speaker||No|
|Amazon Music||Amazon Music HD|
|Control by app||Apple iOS, Android|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Integrated Amplifier: The SVS Prime Wireless SoundBase is an integrated amplifier with Network & Bluetooth connectivity, as well an analog and digital inputs. The SoundBase not only powers a pair of loudspeakers, but also adds wireless audio connectivity to those conventional loudspeakers. In addition to being an integrated amplifier, you can also use the SoundBase as a preamplifier and add wireless audio connectivity to an existing AV receiver or home audio setup. You can even use it to add wireless audio streaming in a second zone.
Class-D Amplification: The Prime Wireless SoundBase is equipped with a powerful 300 watt Class-D amplifier that delivers a commanding 300 watts (150 watts x 2 channel into 4Ω) for effortless power delivery to drive practically any pair of loudspeakers to their full performance potential.
High-Resolution 24-Bit/192kHz DAC: The SVS Prime Wireless SoundBase utilizes a sophisticated 24-bit/192kHz DAC that maintains complete faithfulness to the source material so music and all audio content sounds precisely as the artist or producer intended whether a you are streaming an online music service via DTS Play-Fi or listening to Bluetooth aptX.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: Thanks to built-in Bluetooth, you can wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth-enabled source device (such as your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop) computer to the SVS Prime Wireless SoundBase. In addition to Bluetooth's SBC standard codec, the system supports aptX for wireless "CD-Quality" sound from compatible source devices and AAC for better quality playback from Apple iOS devices. You can pair multiple devices with the speaker system, but only one can be used for playback at a time. Playback control and song/artist/album display will still be done from your Bluetooth source device.
Note: The system does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for making and answering phone calls.
Analog & Digital Inputs: In addition to wireless network and Bluetooth connectivity, the SVS Prime Wireless SoundBase features analog & digital audio inputs. There are two analog audio inputs - a stereo RCA input and a stereo minijack (3.5mm) input. The 3.5mm input will override the stereo RCA input if both are used simultaneously. There is also a optical (toslink) digital input for connection of a TV, Blu-ray player or game console. The optical digital input supports 2ch PCM only (not compatible with Dolby Digital or DTS). Both analog and digital inputs support multiroom distribution through the DTS Play-Fi app.
Binding Post Speaker Outputs: The SVS Prime Wireless SoundBase is outfitted with binding-post terminals to connect a pair of loudspeakers. These binding-post terminals can accept speaker wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single or dual).
Line-Level Outputs: The Prime Wireless SoundBase can also serves as a wireless bridge to an AV receiver or two-channel stereo system via line-level output to provide high-resolution wireless audio streaming, multi-room music playback, smart speaker control and more. It can be used to create a separate stereo zone or transform home theater systems by adding advanced connectivity, WiFi app or voice control, and wireless access to all streaming content.
Subwoofer Output: A mono-RCA subwoofer output on the back of the active Right speaker allows easy connection to a SVS or other brand of powered subwoofer (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) for deeper bass and a more-thrilling and immersive experience.
Headphone Output: The Prime Wireless SoundBase is equipped with a front-panel 1/4" headphone jack for connecting a set of headphones so you can listen privately to your music. Connecting a set of headphones will automatically mute the unit's speaker outputs.
USB Charging Port: A rear-panel USB (type-A) port allows you to charge your smartphone or tablet's battery. This USB port does not support media or data transfer.
Power Requirements: The SVS Prime Wireless SoundBase includes a detachable 6' AC power cord which will need to be plugged into an AC power outlet or surge protector (sold separately).
DTS Play-Fi Wireless Technology: The SVS Prime Wireless SoundBase employs DTS Play-Fi wireless technology for wireless sound that is reliable and high-quality. DTS Play-Fi combines DTS audio and WiFi wireless technology to wirelessly stream high-definition "lossless" audio with no impact on sound quality. DTS Play-Fi will stream pure, bit-for-bit, lossless audio, for uncompromised quality sound - up to 24-bit/192kHz. DTS Play-Fi has a range of up to 100' from your wireless router.
Note: All DTS Play-Fi enabled products work seamlessly together, so there's no hassle adding more components, or choosing more than one audio brand (like SVS, Onkyo, Integra, Klipsch, MartinLogan, McIntosh, Paradigm, Phorus, Polk Audio, Wren, and more) in your home.
Wired or Wireless Network: The Prime-Wireless SoundBase offers an Ethernet (RJ45) Input/Output and built-in, dual-band (2.4GHz + 5GHz) WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n) to connect to your home's network for access to internet radio, select online music services, and the music libraries on your Apple iOS or Android device and Windows PC or DLNA music server via DTS Play-Fi wireless technology. When using WiFi, a dual-band "N" or better router is recommended for the most reliable wireless network connection. There are two methods for connecting the SoundBase to your wireless home network.
- You can perform WiFi setup via the Play-Fi app on your compatible mobile device or Windows PC (this setup allows you to connect multiple Play-Fi device at once to your network).
- You can also use the WPS button on back of integrated amplifier if your wireless router supports WPS (this setup only allows you to connect one Play-Fi device at a time to your network).
Play-Fi App: The Play-Fi app (for Apple iOS 8.0+, Android OS 4.0+, or Windows PC 7-up) is required to enjoy DTS Play-Fi wireless audio. From the app you can initially set up the SVS Prime-Wireless SoundBase, as well as add, link, and control multiple DTS Play-Fi speakers and players. You'll be able stream music directly from select music online services and internet radio stations, or music on your mobile device or computer to a single DTS Play-Fi component, group of DTS Play-Fi devices, or all your DTS Play-Fi products through out your home. The app lets you browse your music by artist, album, genre, or title; and provides album art. You can choose to play the same music in each zone or a different song in each room.
Variety Of Sources: Through DTS Play-Fi wireless technology and the Play-Fi app, the Prime Wireless SoundBase gives you access to a variety of music sources - including music libraries on your Apple iOS or Android device, music content on your computer or DLNA service, as well as select online music services and internet radio.
- Online Music Services: DTS Play-Fi enables wireless audio streaming from the world's most popular music services & internet radio, including - Pandora, Spotify Connect, SiriusXM, TIDAL, Amazon Music (including HD), iHeartRadio, Napster, & more. Subscription & fees may apply.
- Mobile Devices: DTS Play-Fi provides you with the ability to stream your music wirelessly in high-quality lossless audio from your Apple iOS & Android device running the Play-Fi app. Up to eight separate wireless mobile devices running the Play-Fi app, each with its own source, are supported simultaneously and any wireless source device can stream to eight DTS Play-Fi playback devices.
- Computer Audio (DLNA Certified): The Prime-Wireless SoundBase is DLNA compliant for playback of various music files stored on your Windows PC (7-up) or DLNA-certified NAS drives connected to your home network. MAC OSX computers and laptops require third party software to be visible on the network (Twonky, Plex, Servio etc.) as they do not support DLNA. MAC OSX computers and laptops require third party software to be visible on the network (Twonky, Plex, Servio etc.) as they do not support DLNA.
Supported Music Files: The Prime-Wireless SoundBase with DTS Play-Fi supports music formats such as MP3, AAC, FLAC, and WAV. The system will recognize music files up to 24-bit/192kHz and wirelessly stream these files at up to 24-bit/192kHz to just the SoundBase (Critical Listening Mode) or up to 16-bit/48kHz to multiple DTS Play-Fi devices (CD Quality). Some down-sampling may occur to ensure virtually lossless distribution throughout a home network.
Critical Listening Mode: For those who wish to hear high resolution audio as originally intended, Critical Listening mode will enable native rendering of high resolution files up to 24-bit/192kHz, with no down-sampling or network synchronization adjustment. In this way, audio files retain their original audio integrity. Critical Listening Mode is only available on one DTS Play-Fi component at a time and does not supported for multiroom audio distribution.
Multiroom Audio: You can play the same source in each zone or a different song in each room. Eight separate wireless source devices (smartphones, tablets, etc.), each with its own source, are supported simultaneously and any wireless source device can stream to eight DTS Play-Fi playback devices. Due to the bandwidth limitations of most wireless networks, no more than 16 wireless DTS Play-Fi products on a single WiFi network at one given time is recommended. Supported multiroom audio sources include -
- Built-in DTS Play-Fi online music services and internet radio.
- Music libraries stored on your Apple iOS & Android devices with the Play-Fi App installed.
- Music libraries from your Windows PC, DLNA music server, or Mac computer (running 3rd party software).
- Analog & digital inputs, as well as Bluetooth audio.
6 Custom Presets: Six custom presets give you instant access via WiFi to your favorite music playlists, internet radio stations, and streaming music services that exist within the DTS Play-Fi app without needing the DTS Play-Fi app on your Apple iOS or Android device. You can simply walk up to the Prime Wireless SoundBase, push the knob to start a preset and your favorite music will start playing.
Alexa Compatible: The SVS Prime-Wireless SoundBase supports voice control of select DTS Play-Fi music apps (such as Amazon, Pandora, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, & Spotify Connect) from an Amazon Alexa device (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) that is connected to the same WiFi network. Voice control functions include initiating playback of an Artist, Album, Song, Station or Podcast from a compatible music app on a specific speaker/player or zone/room; as well a playback controls such as Volume Up/Down, Play/Pause/Resume, Previous/Next Track, Random/Repeat and Like/Unlike.
6 questions already asked