About the SVS SoundPath Tri-Band
Strength and stability
Strength and stability
For most applications where you want to hook up your subwoofer wirelessly to your receiver or amp, the single-band SVS SoundPath gets the job done beautifully. It's one of our top sellers for a reason. But some environments are way more congested with wireless interference than others. If you have a home filled with wireless technology and smart devices, from Wi-Fi routers to Bluetooth headphones, all that noise can degrade your signal and impact the performance of your audio equipment.
The SoundPath Tri-Band excels in these crowded spaces by auto-switching between three different wireless bands (2.4 GHz, 5.2 GHz, and 5.8 GHz) to resist interference. This helps ensure an uninterrupted signal for a clean, reliable wireless connection.
How does it work?
The SoundPath Tri-Band can be set up in mere minutes. It has two primary components: a transmitter and receiver. The transmitter hooks up your A/V receiver (or other source) and the receiver connects to your powered subwoofer. Both connections are made with a simple RCA cable (included in the box). You'll still need to connect both ends of the SoundPath Tri-Band to an AC outlet or USB power source. Hit the pairing buttons and you're good to go.
Virtually any powered subwoofer can become wireless with this adapter. As long as a sub has an RCA input, you can hook it right up. If you're looking for a powerful sub that's a perfect match, look no farther than SVS' own collection of awesome subs.
Get flexible with wireless
A common technique for sub placement is called "crawling." It's where you move around a room, testing the bass performance of a sub in different locations as you go. It's way easier to find the right spot for your subwoofer if it isn't wired up directly to an A/V receiver the whole time. Going wireless also keeps your space tidy by limiting the number of cables stretched across the floor.
The SoundPath Tri-Band has a line of sight range of 130 feet, which gives you more than enough flexibility to find that "sweet spot" for your sub. If you're looking to install a sub in the near future, check out our guide on how to connect your home theater subwoofer, which includes some helpful tips on room placement.
Not just for subs
This wireless audio adapter can also pass a full-range stereo signal, which means you can use it for other audio equipment, like a powered speaker. Basically anything that can use a stereo RCA cable is game. This means you can use the SoundPath Tri-Band to set up wireless stereo zones and surround speakers.
- includes wireless transmitter and receiver for use with powered subwoofers
- compatible with any brand of subwoofer or other audio gear with mono or stereo RCA connections
- can wirelessly connect a stereo speaker zone or powered wireless surrounds
- up to three receivers (one included) can be paired simultaneously to one transmitter for multi-room audio distribution
- wireless range: up to 130 feet
- wireless bands: 2.4 GHz, 5.2 GHz, 5.8 GHz
- wireless band auto-switching to resist interference
- plug-and-play design, no software to download or install
- simple pairing button to connect transmitter and receiver
- stereo RCA input
- transmits CD-quality audio signals
- 16-bit/48kHz resolution/sampling rate
- latency: less than 19 milliseconds
- USB connection for AC power adapter
- stereo RCA output
- USB connection for AC power adapter
General info & included accessories:
- two mono RCA cables
- two USB power cables and AC wall adapters
- frequency response: 6-20,000 Hz (±0.5 dB)
- 3-3/16"W x 1-1/16"H x 2-3/8"D (same for receiver and transmitter)
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SOUNDPATH TB
What's in the box:
- Wireless auio transmitter
- Wireless audio receiver
- 2 USB/AC power adapters
- Two 2' microUSB-to-USB cables
- Two 2' mono-RCA cables
- 2 Hook-and-loop strips
- Owner's Manual
SVS SoundPath Tri-Band reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the SVS SoundPath Tri-Band
Tri-Band Wireless Audio Adapter: The SVS SoundPath Tri-Band Wireless Audio Adapter gives you to ability to add wireless connectivity to powered subs, powered speakers, AV receivers, integrated amplifiers, and more. The SVS SoundPath Tri-Band Wireless Audio Adapter consists of a wireless audio transmitter and receiver, reducing cable clutter without sacrificing audio performance.
- The transmitter and receiver are synced at the time of manufacture and will pair automatically when connected and powered on.
- Try to maintain line-of-sight (no walls or solid barriers) between the transmitter and receiver for best results. Receiver should be within 130 feet of transmitter for best results.
- Avoid placing the transmitter directly next to devices that could create signal interference; such as mobile phones, baby monitors, RF wireless phones and Wi-Fi router.
Note: Up to three receivers (946SPTBWAR, sold separately) can be paired to one transmitter to create a multiroom distributed audio system or for use with multiple powered subwoofers or speakers.
Wireless Audio Signal Transmission: The SVS SoundPath Tri-Band Wireless Audio Adapter transmits a pristine, full-range audio signal (6Hz-20kHz) up to 130' at CD-quality (16-bit/48KHz) with ultra-low latency (<19ms). It can transmit a full-range audio signal, as well as a LFE audio signal.
- Frequency Response: 6Hz to 20kHz (+/- 0.5dB)
- Sample Rate: 48kHz
- THD+N: 70dB (10Hz to 20kHz)
- S/N: 105dB (10Hz to 20kHz)
- Cross-Talk: >75dB @ 1kHz
- Audio Latency: <19ms
- Transmission Range: 130'
- Wireless Air Data Rate: 22Mbps
Auto-Switching: The SoundPath Tri-Band Wireless Audio Adapter operates in the 2.4 GHz, 5.2 GHz and 5.8 GHz bands and is highly resistant to all forms of wireless interference from common household devices. Seamless auto-switching between channels ensures your subwoofer, speakers or other audio components will remain connected in even the most congested wireless environments so you can always enjoy uninterrupted listening experiences.
- Band 1 (2.4GHz): 2400 to 2483.5MHz
- Band 2 (5.2GHz): 5150 to 5250MHz
- Band 3 (5.8GHz): 5725 to 5875MHz.
Note: It is highly resistant to interference from Bluetooth, Wi-Fi routers (802.11 b/g/n), wireless security cameras and systems, microwaves, cordless phones, and other wireless devices.
Line-Level Input & Output: The SVS SoundPath Tri-Band Wireless Audio Adapter's transmitter is equipped with a stereo RCA/LFE audio input that connects to your AV receiver, TV, or other audio source device. The included receiver is equipped with a stereo RCA/LFE audio output to connect to your powered subwoofer or powered speakers.
Power Requirements: The transmitter and receiver of the SoundPath Tri-Band Wireless Audio Adapter will both require AC power. Each one comes with a USB/AC power adapter and a 2' microUSB-to-USB cable. If using the Tri-Band SoundPath Wireless Audio Adapter with a SVS powered subwoofer, you can connect the included USB cable directly to the wireless receiver and to the rear-panel USB port on back of the sub for power.