About the K40 RD950
K40's on the case
K40's on the case
You're looking for protection from radar and laser threats, and K40's RD950 is here to help. This handy little device detects all North American-approved radar frequencies used by police and gives you audio and visual alerts that allow you to avoid threats.You can see the visual warnings on the dot matrix display with a quick glance, and you can adjust the brightness for day or night driving. The audio warnings include a “Geiger” alert that increases in intensity as you get closer to the incoming signal source. And this K40 is shielded from radar detector detection, too.
Filter out false alerts
Few things are as annoying as false alerts from your radar detector. K40 understands this, and has engineered their new K-band filter to minimize false alerts from vehicles with radar-based safety features, such as adaptive cruise control, collision avoidance, and lane departure warning systems. It'll even filter out K-band transmissions from your own vehicle. The RD950 also has three filter settings to adjust the unit's sensitivity for highway or city conditions.
The RD950 offers ten menu settings which are user-programmable, giving you control over a host of functions. The mute function includes multiple options including automatic volume reduction. And the dim feature lets you give your eyes a break when driving at night.
The package includes a windshield mount, a coiled power cord with 12-volt outlet adapter, and a straight power cord that you can use to hardwire the detector in your vehicle.
Sorry, but we cannot ship radar detectors to Virginia or the District of Columbia.
- radar detector
- suction-cup mount windshield bracket kit
- power cord
- straight cord for hardwired installation
- detects all North American-approved police radar bands
- three selectable modes for highway or city driving
- digital voice and audio tone alerts for radar, laser, and POP
- display includes signal strength meter
- dim and mute modes
- 2-3/4"W x 1-3/16"H x 4-9/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RD950
What's in the box:
- Radar/laser detector
- Coiled/straight cord (right-angled DC power plug)
- 9.5' Straight cord (right-angled DC power plug)
- 2 Spare AGU fuses
- Windshield mount
- Three 1-1/4" suction cups
- Owner's Manual
- Quick Reference Guide
- Speeding Ticket Warranty Registration card
K40 RD950 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the K40 RD950
Features & specs
|X Band Radar||Yes|
|K Band Radar||Yes|
|KA Photo Radar||No|
|KA Wideband Radar||Yes|
|Display & Alerts|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The RD950 from K40 Electronics is a radar/laser detector with an exclusive filter that helps prevent false alerts caused by radar-based safety features found on new vehicles. The detector has voice or tone alerts, and a full dot-matrix text display. Signal strength is indicated by an audible "geiger counter" type sound, plus a visual strength indicator. K40 Electronics offers a Ticket-Free Guarantee and a One-Year quality guarantee. The RD950 comes with two 12-volt power adapters--one with a coiled cord and one with a straight cord--plus a windshield suction cup mount.
Radar/Laser Detection: The RD950 detects all police radar frequencies approved in North America, as well as laser:
- X-band: 10.500-10.550 GHz
- K-band: 24.050-25.250 GHz
- Ka-band: 33.400-36.000 GHz
- Laser: 830-945 nanometers
Filter Settings: The K40 RD950 offers three Sensitivity Modes:
- Highway: This default setting detects all types of North American approved police radar or laser signals at full sensitivity. This is recommended for highway travel, or for areas in which you are unfamiliar with the types of radar used.
- City: The City mode reduces the sensitivity of X-band radar, while K, Ka, and Laser remain at full sensitivity. This can be used in urban areas where there are minimal non-police radar signals.
- Filter: In this mode, Laser detection remains at full sensitivity, while X-band detection is eliminated and K and Ka band are reduced. This is best for congested traffic areas where there is a high concentration of non-police radar signals.
K-Band Filter: Many new vehicles on the road today are equipped with radar-based safety features, such as collision avoidance, adaptive cruise control, or lane departure warnings. These features operate on K band radar, and can sometimes cause false alerts. With K40's new K-Band Filter, unwanted alerts are rejected from vehicles equipped with these features, allowing you to stay alert for real radar threats.
Display Brightness: There are five settings for the brightness of the display. The settings include:
- Day: brightest setting
- Dusk: medium setting; factory default
- Night: dimmest setting
- Auto: display adjusts automatically from 5 seconds in "Day," 5 seconds in "Dusk, and the duration of the alert in "Night."
- Off: No display, but the unit maintains full audio alerts
Programmable Features: The RD950 offers ten programmable features for setting up the unit to your personal preferences:
- Voice Type: Male or Female
- Audible Voice: Voice On or Voice Off
- Wake Up Sequence: Wake Up Long (full length) or Wake Up Short (abbreviated start-up sequence)
- POP Radar Band: POP on or POP off
- AutoMute: On or Off
- X-band: On or Off
- K-band: On or Off
- Ka-band: On or Off
- Laser: On or Off
- Factory Reset
K40's Ticket-Free Guarantee: K40 Electronics offers a Ticket-Free Guarantee for the first year of product ownership. During the first year, the company will pay in full for all radar and laser speeding tickets incurred while the detector is operating and used properly. The guarantee is not valid for tickets written in school or construction zones, or if incurred with a DUI or DWI violation.
Performance With Tinted Windshields: Some high-end vehicle manufacturers, such as Mercedes-Benz and BMW, are adding special metal-based tints to their windshields to protect the interior of the vehicle. Some of these tints may reduce the performance of any radar detector mounted inside the car, as radar microwave signals cannot penetrate metal of any kind.