About the K40 RL200di
Even the best radar detectors have one great drawback: they stand out like a sore thumb with their windshield or dashboard mounts. K40's RL200di solves this problem with its stealthy mounting system; the detector mounts out of sight, with a single blue LED that integrates into your dashboard display and an easily concealed all-black remote for programming the RL200di. The handheld remote controls the detector's functions, everything from the LED display's brightness to the mute function and the detector's GPS features. For JVC and Kenwood touchscreen stereo owners, K40 offers added benefits when used with the iDatalink Maestro interface.
Works with iDatalink Maestro and select JVC and Kenwood stereos
Got a Kenwood or JVC touchscreen receiver that you installed with an iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR interface module? Now you can take advantage of important details and alerts from the RL200di through the receiver's display as you drive. That's right: you'll see threat location details, radar band and signal strength info, and real-time vehicle speed on select Kenwood or JVC touchscreen stereos when used in conjunction with the ADS-MRR (2015 and newer models) and the RL200di. You'll also be able to control features and functions through the screen, and hear alerts through your car speakers. In some vehicles, you'll even be able to interact with the radar detector using your steering wheel controls.
Note: Compatibility with JVC and Kenwood stereos is limited to select touchscreen models; see the list of compatible stereos on K40's site.
You'll see detailed alerts right on your JVC or Kenwood's screen when you pair the K40 RD200di radar detector with the iDatalink Maestro module.
Even if you don't have a JVC or Kenwood receiver, this radar detector still offers seriously impressive performance. Its GPS-based innovations begin with the "Mark to Mute" feature, which allows you to mute radar and laser alerts from non-police sources such as automatic doors in a specific GPS location. The "Mark to Alert" feature lets you mark and unmark any location, including specific threats such as speed traps, school zones, and red light cameras. The detector is also equipped with a "Quiet Ride" feature, which allows the user to silence alerts when traveling below a preset speed, and a speed monitor function which gives a constant audio alert and a visual alert whenever a set speed is exceeded.
Audible and visible warnings
The RL200di offers both audible and visible warnings when a threat is detected, including voice alerts and blinking of the LED. The audio warnings also include a “Geiger” alert that increases in intensity as you get closer to the incoming signal source.
The RL200di's K-band filter weeds out signals from non-police K-band radar sources, including adaptive cruise control, collision avoidance, lane departure warning, and other vehicle safety systems that are radar-based. It'll even filter out K-band transmissions from your own vehicle or from traffic flow sensors. The detector gives you a three-option filter control to adjust the unit's sensitivity to city or highway conditions.
This detector offers thirteen settings, all user-programmable with the remote, giving you control over every parameter; you can choose which bands are monitored, and control the quiet ride and speed monitoring functions. The mute function includes multiple options including automatic volume reduction. And the dim feature lets you give your eyes a break when driving at night.
Sorry, but we cannot ship radar detectors to Virginia or the District of Columbia.
- remote-mount/stealth-mount radar detector with GPS
- custom-mounted brain with hidden sensors
- remote control with dash or visor mounting options
- blue LED or warning pod custom-installed into dash
- compatible with iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR interface module (2015 and newer models)
- displays alert details on select Kenwood and JVC touchscreen receivers
- 24" Maestro interface cable included
- detects all North American-approved police radar bands
- GPS-based "Mark to Alert" and "Mark to Mute" allow you to mark specific threats and to filter specific locations
- three selectable modes for highway or city driving
- digital voice and audio tone alerts for radar and POP
- K-band filter rejects alerts from vehicles with radar-based safety systems
- traffic sensor filter allows filtration of K-band traffic flow sensors
- display includes signal strength meter
- dim and mute modes
Other Features and Specs:
- remote control: 1-3/8"W x 1/2"H x 3-1/16"D
- front radar receiver: 3-1/4"W x 2"H x 4-1/8"D with attached 15' cable
- GPS module: 2"W x 1/2"H x 2"D with attached 20' cable
- interior host module: 3-1/4"W x 15/16"H x 5-5/8"D with attached speaker
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RL200DI
What's in the box:
- Interior Host Module with attached wires and speaker
- Front radar receiver with attached 15' cable
- GPS module with attached 20' cable
- Wireless remote control (W75-RL-RCU II)
- CR2032 Lithium battery (installed in remote)
- Remote visor clip
- 2 Self-adhesive 2-piece hook-and-loop pads
- 4 Closed-end connectors
- 10 Butt connectors
- Two 14.5" wire ties
- Three #8 x 1/2" Tek screws (Phillips pan head -- 1 zinc finish/2 black finish)
- Two 1-1/4" Tek screws (Phillips pan head/black finish)
- LED indicator with 3' pigtail
- 9" Power wire with in-line fuseholder (3A ATO fuse inserted)
- 2' Interface wire for iDatalink Maestro AR (4-pin Molex plugs on each end)
- Owner's Manual
- Quick Reference Guide
- Block Wiring diagram
- Tech Tips
- Ticket-Free Warranty Registration card
- Business contact card
- "For Interfacing with Maestro RR" card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the K40 RL200di
Features & specs
|X Band Radar||Yes|
|K Band Radar||Yes|
|KA Photo Radar||Yes|
|KA Wideband Radar||Yes|
|VG-2 Protection||VG-2, Spectre|
|Display & Alerts|
|Visual Alerts||1 LED|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The K40 RL200di is a custom-installed, GPS-enabled radar detection system. It is not a portable, windshield- or dash-mounted device. The RL200di includes a large front radar receiver, a GPS module, and a host module that ties them all together. The radar system features a single LED and remote speaker to provide visual and audible alerts, and comes with a wireless remote control. The RL200di can also be integrated with select Kenwood and JVC radios through the ADS Maestro RR interface for full on-screen display and touch screen controls.
Note: It is recommended that the RL200di should be installed by a professional or advanced DIYer.
Radar Detection: The RL200di features a large front radar receiver that is installed horizontally under the hood. It can detect the following radar bands and frequencies:
- X-band: 10.500-10.550 GHz
- K-band: 24.050-25.250 GHz
- Ka-band: 33.400-36.000 GHz
Note: Laser detection is not included, however, the RL200di will accommodate up to five optional Laser Diffuser g5s, available from the manufacturer.
Filter Settings: The K40 RL200di offers three Sensitivity Modes, selectable on the included remote control:
- Highway: This default setting detects all types of North American approved police radar (X, K, Ka) at full sensitivity. This is recommended for highway travel, or for areas in which you are unfamiliar with the types of radar used.
- City: The City mode reduces the sensitivity of X-band radar by 50%, while K and Ka bands remain at full sensitivity. This can be used in urban areas where there are minimal non-police radar signals.
- Filter: In this mode, X-band detection is eliminated and K and Ka band are reduced by 50%. This is best for congested traffic areas where there is a high concentration of non-police radar signals.
Traffic Sensor Filter: The RL200di will reject alerts caused by traffic flow sensors that can typically be found along some highways. A special K-Band Traffic Sensor Filter can be enabled in the menu when necessary.
Visual and Audible Alerts: The RL200di comes with a single LED that can be mounted near your vehicle's instrument cluster to provide a visual alert when radar is detected. The LED brightness can be set to Day, Dusk, Night, Auto, and Off. Since there is no display, the system uses a 2" speaker for audible alerts, setting up the system, and confirming setting changes.
ADS Maestro RR Compatible: The K40 RL200di can be integrated with the ADS Maestro RR interface and select Kenwood and JVC multimedia car stereos to give you a full display and touch controls. When connected, you'll have detailed on-screen alert information, including the location of the threat, radar band, and signal strength. You can use the receiver's touch screen to control the functions and features of the unit. Steering wheel control of some K40 features is possible on compatible vehicles.
Mark to Alert: You can mark specific GPS locations such as speed traps, school zones, and red light cameras, so you'll receive an alert whenever you enter that geographical area. Each time you mark a location, you add to a growing database of important locations, which are stored in the detector's memory.
Mark to Mute: Like Mark to Alert above, you can mark specific GPS locations where you receive non-police radar alerts. This eliminates annoying false alerts from automatic doors and security systems.
Quiet Ride: The Quiet Ride feature will silent all audible alerts until you exceed a selected minimum speed. You can set the minimum speed between 5 and 75 mph in 5 mph increments. Typically this feature is used on long road trips, and where you only want to be alerted to radar if you exceed a set speed limit.
Speed Monitor: The Speed Monitor feature will provide audible and visual alerts (from the speaker and LED) whenever you exceed a pre-selected speed. You can set the Speed Monitor to any speed between 40 and 100 mph, in 5 mph increments. Speed Monitor overrides the Quiet Ride feature.
Programmable Features: The RL200di offers several programmable features for setting up the unit to your personal preferences:
- Voice Type: Male or Female
- Audible Voice: Voice On or Voice Off
- Wake Up Sequence: Wake Up Long (standard 5-second sequence) or Wake Up Short (abbreviated start-up sequence)
- AutoMute: On or Off
- Traffic Sensor Filter: On or Off
- Distance Measurements: MPH or KPH
- Speed Monitor: On or Off
- Front Radar: On or Off
- Front X-band: On or Off
- Front K-band: On or Off
- Front Ka-band: On or Off
- Factory Reset
Remote Control: The RL200di comes with a wireless remote control that lets you turn on/off many of the system's features. In addition to power, volume up/down, and mute, the remote includes buttons for Dim, Menu, Mark to Mute (MM), Mark to Alert (MA), Quiet Ride, and City/Highway modes. The remote comes with a visor clip and self-adhesive hook-and-loop fasteners so you can keep it hidden away when not in use.
K40's Ticket-Free Guarantee: K40 Electronics offers a Ticket-Free Guarantee for the first year of product ownership. During the first year, the company will pay in full for all radar speeding tickets incurred while the detector is operating and used properly. The guarantee is not valid for tickets written in school or construction zones, or if incurred with a DUI or DWI violation. Tickets received outside of the U.S. and Canada are not covered by the guarantee. Product registration is required for coverage.
1 question already asked