About the Memphis Audio 15-MCX60C
Memphis Audio has been making the world of car audio a better place since 1965, and their MClass Series speakers are the culmination of years of experience, quality construction, and thoughtful design. With a tradition of great American music in mind, Memphis Audio builds these speakers to reproduce every song with authenticity and impressive detail.
Invest in component sound
Go ahead and crank the volume — Memphis Audio's 15-MCX60C 6-1/2" component speaker system will handle up to 50 watts RMS. Their carbon fiber woofers make powerful replacements for low-functioning factory speakers, delivering your music with both accuracy and gusto. The separate aluminum tweeters give you crisp, soaring highs, and Memphis Audio's gives you a multi-mount system for the best possible placement in your vehicle. Plus, the included external crossovers feature two-level tweeter adjustment so that you can manage any brightness of the high range.
- component speaker system includes two 6-1/2" woofers, 2 tweeters, 2 external crossovers
- carbon fiber woofer with butyl rubber surround
- aluminum alloy dome tweeter
- 2-way external crossover with 2-position tweeter level control (0, -3 dB)
- handles up to 50 watts RMS (100 watts peak power)
- frequency range: 70-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- woofer mounting depth: 2-1/2"
- woofer grilles included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 15-MCX60C
What's in the box:
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Tweeters (with attached 17" speaker wire terminated by quick-slide connectors)
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Adhesive backed Memphis Audio logos (packaged with the crossovers)
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 2 Flush mount housings (with tweeters installed)
- 2 Flush mount retaining rings
- 2 Angled surface mount housings
- Two 6' Crossover input wires (tinned bare wire on both ends)
- Two 12' Tweeter wires (quick slides on one end and tinned bare wire on the other)
- Two 12' Woofer wires (quick slides on one end and tinned bare wire on the other)
- Eight 1" Screws
- 8 Speed clips
- Four 3/4" Flat-head screws
- Tweeter installation instructions
- Warranty information
Memphis Audio 15-MCX60C reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Memphis Audio 15-MCX60C
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||6 1/2|
|Tweeter Design||1" Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Carbon Fiber|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||89|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||N/A|
|Frequency Response||70 - 20k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||---|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||50|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||100|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 9/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||2 11/16|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 5/8|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.216|
Woofer Size Classification: Memphis Audio describes this woofer as an oversized 6-1/2". Because it requires a larger cutout than a standard 6-1/2" speaker, Crutchfield has traditionally referred to this size speaker as a 6-3/4". Please enter you vehicle information to confirm fit in your vehicle.
Phase Plug: The phase plug in the center of the woofer ensures a smooth, flat off-axis frequency response by preventing the high frequency sound waves emanating from one side of the cone from interfering with sound waves from the other side of the cone.
Tweeter Mounting: The tweeters offer multiple mounting options; choose flush mount, surface mount, or angled surface mount. The tweeters are shipped in the flush mount housings and the angled surface mount housings are included. The back of the flush mount housing and the top of the angled surface mount housing combine to create the (non-angled) surface mount housing. Once installed in any of the housings, the tweeter will pivot slightly to optimize imaging.
|Flush Mount||Surface Mount||Angled Surface Mount|
|Mounting Depth||1.050"||screw depth||screw depth|
Crossover: The crossover's inputs and outputs are screw terminals that will accept bare wire or spade connectors up to 0.31" wide. The tweeter output level can be changed from flat to -3 dB by moving a jumper pin inside each crossover.
- Width: 2-3/4"
- Height: 1-1/2"
- Depth: 4-3/4"
2 questions already asked