About the Memphis Audio 16-MXA2.140
Memphis sound, plus marine-rated reliability
Memphis sound, plus marine-rated reliability
A compact design that fits in tight spaces
Memphis Audio's compact MXA2.140 2-channel amp can deliver 100 watts RMS per channel at 4 ohms, or 140 watts RMS at 2 ohms, so it's an excellent choice for your marine or powersports audio system. This rugged amp features high-pass and low-pass filters, plus variable bass boost, so you can adjust the output to suit your tastes.
Stands up to the outdoors
Life on the water or the trail can be tough on electronics, so Memphis Audio designed this Class D amp to resist salt, spray, and punishing sunlight. That said, the MXA2.140 will stay cool and run reliably when it's installed in tight spaces, like consoles or storage lockers. And Memphis Audio backs this little powerhouse with a 2-year warranty.
- 2-channel marine amplifier
- 100 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (140 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms)
- variable high- and low-pass crossovers
- variable bass boost
- conformal-coated circuit board
- weather-resistant construction
- can't be bridged to mono operation
- 10-gauge wiring kit recommended (sold separately)
- dimensions: 7-1/2"D x 4"W x 1-3/4"H
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 16-MXA2.140
What's in the box:
- 2-Channel amplifier
- 12" Power/ground/turn-on harness (3-pin Molex plug)
- 12" Speaker output harness (large 4-pin Molex plug)
- 8" Speaker input harness (small 4-pin Molex plug)
- 8" Line-level input harness (small 4-pin Molex plug)
- 4 Self-tapping screws (5/8" length)
- M5 x 15mm screws
Memphis Audio 16-MXA2.140 reviews
Small easy to mount. Very good little amp with lots of good thump. Very impressed
Pros: Would buy again
0 of 0 found this helpful
Excellant motorcycle amp
1 of 1 found this helpful
More details on the Memphis Audio 16-MXA2.140
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||100 x 2|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||100 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||140 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50Hz, 250Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||Not given|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||80Hz, 120Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||Not given|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Memphis Xtreme Audio MXA2.140 is a full range Class D MXA-series 2-channel amplifier for your vehicle, ATV, or boat. The amp features stainless-steel and aluminum hardware, and coated circuit boards, making it water-resistant and UV-resistant in extreme environments.
Output Power: The MXA2.140 outputs 100 watts RMS x 2 channels at 4Ω, 140 watts RMS x 2 channels at 2Ω. The amplifier cannot be bridged.
Controls: The amplifier features rubber covers over the controls to protect them from the elements. The rotary gain control can be adjusted with a flat-head screwdriver (not included). The amp has a 3-way switch for the crossover for selecting Low Pass (LPF), Full Range (FULL), or High Pass (HPF). A set of DIP switches lets you determine the cutoff frequencies for the crossover type you have selected: 50Hz or 250Hz for low pass and 80Hz or 120Hz for high pass.
Connections: The MXA2.140 has input connections coming from one end of the amplifier, and the power and speaker output connections coming from the other end. These connections are sealed to protect them from the elements, and have 4"-6" pigtails for connecting the supplied harnesses:
- Inputs: The amp input can be line-level or speaker-level, and has a 4-pin Molex receptacle for connecting one of the supplied input harnesses. The line-level input harness has one pair of RCA jacks for connecting the source unit via an RCA cable. The speaker-level input harness has 4 wires for splicing to the source unit's speaker wires.
- Power: The 12" power harness has power, ground, and remote turn-on wires. The power wire has an in-line 25A ATM (mini-blade) fuse installed. The power harness has a 3-pin Molex plug.
- Speaker Output: The speaker output harness has a 4-pin Molex plug and 4 speaker wires with left + (white), left - (white/black), right + (gray), and right - (gray/black) color coding.
Mounting: The MXA2.140 can be mounted in the hatch or trunk, or under the seat of a vehicle. Under the seat of a boat or ATV is also acceptable. It should be mounted in a location that avoids direct contact with water. The amp can be installed horizontally or vertically. Two sets of screws are included with the amplifier. Self-tapping screws can attach the amp to a wooden mounting board. The supplied stainless steel screws can be used with the amp's threaded mounting tabs to attach the amp to non-wooden surfaces.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked