About the Memphis Audio 16-MXA1.300
Big bass for the water or the woods
Big bass for the water or the woods
Compact design fits just about anywhere
Memphis Audio's compact MXA1.300 mono amp can send up to 300 watts RMS to your subwoofer, so it's an excellent choice to power your marine or powersports sound system.
This rugged amp features high-pass and low-pass filters, plus a variable bass boost and a subsonic filter that allow you to adjust the output to suit your tastes. A remote level control is included, too
Built to take it
Life on the water or the trail can be tough on audio gear, so Memphis Audio designed this Class D amp to resist salt, spray, and punishing sunlight. The compact design allows it to fit almost anywhere, including consoles and storage compartments, so you can put great bass in whatever vehicle you wish. The MXA1.300 will stay cool and run reliably when you're out having fun.
- marine subwoofer amplifier
- 180 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- frequency response: 15-80,000 Hz
- variable bass boost up to 12dB
- variable subsonic filter
- high- and low-pass filters
- Class D amp technology
- 10-gauge wiring kit recommended (sold separately)
- remote level control included
- dimensions: 8-3/4"W x 1-3/4"H x 4"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 16-MXA1.300
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier
- 12" Power harness (14-gauge power wires with two 25A ATM mini-blade fuses installed)
- 12" Speaker output harness
- 8" RCA input/remote harness (2-channel)
- 8" Speaker input/remote harness
- Remote Bass control module
- 16.5' Remote cable (3.5mm stereo plugs on both ends)
- 4 Self-tapping screws (length 5/8")
- 4 Pan-head screws (M5 x 15mm)
- Product Manual & Installation Guide
Memphis Audio 16-MXA1.300 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Memphis Audio 16-MXA1.300
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||180 x 1|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||---|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||100 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||300 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||80Hz, 120Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Memphis Xtreme Audio MXA1.300 is a Class D MXA-series mono amplifier for a subwoofer on your ATV or boat. The amp is water-resistant and UV-resistant to withstand extreme environments. The MXA1.300 comes with power and signal harnesses, a remote bass control, and stainless steel and aluminum mounting hardware.
Output Power: The MXA1.300 outputs 180 watts RMS x 1 at 4Ω, and 300 watts RMS x 1 at 2Ω. The amplifier is not 1-ohm stable.
Controls: The amplifier's controls have rubber covers to protect them from the elements. The amp has the following controls:
- Sensitivity: The Sensitivity (or Gain) Control helps you match the amplifier to the output of the source unit. This adjusts the amount of signal required to drive the amplifier to full output. The amp will accept high- or low-level signals between 200mV and 10.0V.
- Low Pass Filter: The low pass filter lets you adjust the upper frequency limit of the amplifier's output. A DIP switch is provided for selecting a crossover point of 80Hz or 120Hz.
- Subsonic Filter: The Subsonic Filter sets the lower frequency limit of the amplifier's output. The crossover point can be set to 15Hz or 50Hz through a DIP switch. The Subsonic Filter helps the amp run more efficiently by cutting out super low frequencies that cannot be cleanly reproduced.
Signal Sense: The Signal Sense feature can automatically turn on the amp when an audio signal is detected on the input. This is helpful when you are unable to run a turn-on lead, or the source unit that does not have a remote turn-on lead.
Remote Bass Control: Included with the amplifier is a Remote Bass control module, which mounts near the driver's seat and allows you to adjust the output of the amplifier by varying the gain of the input signal. The Remote Bass control comes with an 16.5' cable.
Connections: The MXA1.300 has water-resistant connections to protect them from the elements. Harnesses are provided for power, input, and output connections:
- Inputs: The amp includes a 6" pigtail for connecting one of the two input harnesses. One harness is for a low-level input, and has a pair of female RCA jacks. The other harness has left and right speaker wires for connecting a high-level input from your source unit. Both harnesses have a female 3.5mm jack for connecting the Remote Bass Control.
- Power/Ground: The amplifier features a 4" pigtail for connecting the power, ground, and remote turn-on harness. The harness features two 14-gauge yellow power and two 14-gauge black ground wires, plus a remote turn-on wire. Both power wires feature in-line 25A ATM (mini-blade) fuses. When installing the amplifier, the two power wires should both be connected to the battery, and both ground wires connected to ground.
- Speaker Output: A 4" pigtail is provided for connecting the speaker output harness. The 12" harness has connections for a single speaker. You can connect a 4-ohm or 2-ohm load to the amplifier.
Mounting Hardware: The MXA1.300 has corrosion-resistant stainless steel threaded inserts on each mounting tab. Four M5 x 15mm stainless steel screws and 4 self-tapping screws are provided for mounting the amplifier.