About the Memphis Audio 16-MXA4.45
A compact source for big-time sound
A compact source for big-time sound
A powerful 4-channel marine amp that fits into tight spaces
Memphis Audio's MXA4.45 4-channel amplifier will bring out the best in your marine or powersports audio system, with 45 watts RMS per channel driving your speakers. With that kind of juice, you'll be able to hear your music over the wind and the roar with no trouble at all.
Despite the big performance, this compact amp will fit into a storage compartment on a boat, motorcycle, or ATV, and run cool no matter how hard you push it. Installing a pair of subs? You can bridge this amp to 2-channel mode and send 120 watts to each subwoofer, or switch to 3-channel mode to drive a pair of speakers and your sub. With variable high-pass and low-pass filters, plus bass boost, you can adjust the output to suit your tastes.
Built to take it
Life on the water or the trail can be tough on audio gear, so Memphis Audio designed this Class D amp to resist salt, spray, and punishing sunlight. No matter where your weekend travels take you, you can count on this rugged, reliable amp.
- 4-channel marine/powersports amplifier
- 45 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (60 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 120 watts x 2 bridged at 4 ohms
- Class D amp technology
- variable high- and low-pass filters
- 10-gauge wiring kit (sold separately) recommended
- dimensions: 8-3/4"W x 1-13/16"H x 4"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 16-MXA4.45
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel amplifier
- 12" Power harness (14-gauge power wire with 25A ATM mini-blade fuse installed)
- 12" Speaker output harness
- 6" RCA input harness (4-channel)
- 8" Speaker input harness (4-channel)
- 4 Self-tapping screws (length 5/8")
- 4 Pan-head screws (M5 x 15mm)
- Product Manual & Installation Guide
More details on the Memphis Audio 16-MXA4.45
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||45 x 4|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.5%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||97 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||60 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||120 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||---|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||80Hz, 120Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||Not given|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Memphis Xtreme Audio MXA4.45 is a Class D MXA-series 4-channel amplifier for driving speakers on your ATV or boat. The amp is water- and UV-resistant to withstand extreme environments. The MXA4.45 comes with power and signal harnesses and stainless steel and aluminum mounting hardware.
Output Power: The MXA4.45 has the following power output:
- 45 watts RMS x 4 at 4Ω
- 60 watts RMS x 4 at 2Ω
- 120 watts RMS x 2 at 4Ω bridged
Controls: The amplifier's controls have rubber covers to protect them from the elements. The amp has independent controls for the front and rear channels:
- Sensitivity: The Sensitivity (or Gain) Control helps you match the amplifier to the output of the source unit. These rotary controls adjust the amount of signal required to drive the amplifier to full output. The amp will accept high- or low-level signals between 200mV and 10.0V.
- High Pass Filters: The front and rear channels have independent high-pass filters that can be set to one of three settings via 4 DIP switches. You can set the crossover frequencies to 120Hz (all switches up), 80Hz (2 middle switches up), or Off (all switches down).
- Input Mode: The Input Mode switch lets you configure the input to 2-channel or 4-channel operation through 4 DIP switches.
Connections: The MXA4.45 has water-resistant connections to protect them from the elements. Harnesses are provided for power, input, and output connections:
- Inputs: The amp includes a 6" pigtail for connecting one of the two input harnesses. One harness is for a low-level input, and has 2 pairs of female RCA jacks. The other harness has left/right/front/rear speaker wires for connecting a 4-channel high-level input from your source unit.
- Power/Ground: The amplifier features a 5" pigtail for connecting the power, ground, and remote turn-on harness. The harness features 14-gauge power and ground wires, plus a remote turn-on wire. The power wire features an in-line 25A ATM (mini-blade) fuse.
- Speaker Output: A 5" pigtail is provided for connecting the speaker output harness. The 12" harness has connections for 4 speakers. The amplifier can be connected to four 4-ohm or 2-ohm speakers, or bridged to two 4-ohm speakers.
Mounting Hardware: The MXA4.45 has corrosion-resistant stainless steel threaded inserts on each mounting tab. Four M5 x 15mm stainless steel screws and 4 self-tapping screws are provided for mounting the amplifier.
1 question already asked