About the Memphis Audio 16-PRX300.4
Best seller plays well and looks good
Best seller plays well and looks good
Memphis Audio's PRX300.4 Power Reference 4-channel amplifier can deliver 50 watts RMS to each of your front and rear speakers, giving your music extra clarity and impact while adding some cool accent lighting to your installation. You can also bridge the versatile PRX300.4 into 2-channel mode to power a couple of subwoofers or high-performance components with 150 watts RMS each. Speaker-level inputs let this amp work with almost any car sound system, even a factory radio.
Tone controls for any application
Controls hidden under the magnetic "M" badge give you the power to tune the amp's signal for optimal speaker efficiency and tone. High-pass filters rein in any runaway low frequencies, while low-pass filters clear the way for smooth bass sound. And variable bass boosts let you add the right amount of subwoofer wallop if you need it. Memphis includes a wired remote with this amp for adjusting bass level from the driver's seat.
Memphis Audio PRX300.4 inputs
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 50 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (75 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 150 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable when bridged)
- variable high-pass filter (80-1,000 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable low-pass filter (50-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 45 Hz)
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- wired remote level control for rear channels included
- removable magnetic "M" badge conceals top-mounted controls
- LED accent lighting
- fuse rating: 25A x 2
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- dimensions: 12-7/8"W x 2-1/16"H x 7-7/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 16-PRX300.4
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel amplifier
- Four 25A ATO fuses (2 installed)
- Two 12" Speaker input harnesses
- 4mm Allen wrench
- 2mm Allen wrench
- 4 Self tapping screws (3/4" length)
- 4 Flat washers
- 2 M3 x 8mm screws
- Product Manual & Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
- Certified Power certificate
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Memphis Audio 16-PRX300.4
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
50 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||75 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||150 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.02%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||80-1000 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Memphis Car Audio PRX300.4 is a Class AB Power Reference series 4-channel amplifier for driving two pairs of speakers (4-channel), one pair plus a subwoofer (3-channel), or two subwoofers (2-channel). The amp features a compact aluminum chassis, LED accent lighting, and a magnetic M-badge control cover. The PRX300.4 comes with a PRX Remote level control, speaker-level input harnesses, spare fuses, and mounting hardware.
Output Power: The PRX300.4 has the following output:
- 50 watts RMS x 4 at 4Ω
- 75 watts RMS x 4 at 2Ω
- 150 watts RMS x 2 at 4Ω bridged
Controls: The amplifier has a magnetic control cover on the top panel featuring the Memphis Car Audio M-badge logo. You will need to remove the cover to access the controls, and make adjustments with a flat-head screwdriver. The amp features independent controls for the front and rear channels:
- Sensitivity: The Sensitivity (or Gain) Control helps you match the amplifier to the output of the source unit. This adjusts the amount of signal required to drive the amplifier to full output. The amp will accept low level signals between 200mV and 6.0V, and high level signals between 800mV and 10.0V.
- Crossover Mode: The crossover has a slope of 12dB per
octave. Using the 3-way switch, you can set the crossover to one of the
- High Pass: The variable high pass filter sets the lower frequency limit of the amplifier's output. The crossover point can be set between 80Hz and 1000Hz.
- Low Pass: The variable low pass filter sets the upper frequency limit of the amplifier's output. You can set the crossover point between 50Hz and 200Hz.
- Full Range: The internal crossover is disabled, allowing the signal's full frequency range to pass through the amp.
- Bass Boost: The Bass Boost increases the bass response up to 12dB at 45Hz. The control is continuously variable from 0-12dB.
- Auto On: You can set the amplifier to automatically turn on when an audio signal is detected on the input (Signal Sense). This is helpful when you are connecting the amp to a factory stereo that does not have a remote turn-on lead. The Auto On switch (located on the side panel) can be set to Signal ("SIG") and Off.
- Input Mode: A 2-way switch lets you set the input mode to 4-channel or 2-channel. In 4-channel mode, two stereo RCA cables are connected to the RCA input jacks. This allows you to maintain front-to-back fader control from the source unit. In 2-channel mode, all four channels are driven by the front channel input, and fader control is lost.
Remote Level Control: Included with the amplifier is the PRX Remote Level control module. The module mounts under your dashboard or on the center console, and allows you to adjust the rear channel output of the amplifier from the front of the vehicle. Typically, this would be used if you are bridging the rear channels to drive a subwoofer, and the remote level control raises and lowers the subwoofer output relative to the rest of the system. The Remote Level control comes with an 16.25' cable and mounting screws.
Protection Circuitry: The amplifier features built-in circuitry to protect the amplifier against overload, short circuit, overheating, and reverse polarity. A Protect ("PRT") LED on the side of the amplifier will glow red when the amplifier shuts down due to any of the above causes.
Connections: The PRX300.4 has the following connections:
- High Input: The amp includes two 12" 2-channel speaker-level input harnesses for connecting the amp to a source unit that doesn't have RCA preamp outputs (such as a factory radio or factory amp). You should splice the left and right speaker outputs from the source unit to the harness wires and plug the harnesses into the amp's 5-pin Molex connectors.
- Low Input: The amp features two pairs of RCA jacks for connecting the amp to the source unit's preamp outputs via an RCA patch cable. Inputs for front and rear channels are provided. If the Input Mode switch is set to "2CH", only the front RCA jacks are needed.
- Fuses: Two 25A ATO (blade) fuses are installed in the amplifier, giving the amplifier a 50A fuse rating. Two spare fuse are included, as well. You should also install a 50A fuse on the power wire within 18" of the battery.
- Power/Ground: The amplifier features platinum-plated set-screw terminals for connecting the power and ground wires. The platinum plating resists corrosion and maximizes power transfer. The terminals will accept up to 4-gauge power wire. Due to the 50A fuse rating of the amp, an 8-gauge amplifier wiring kit is recommended. A set-screw terminal for the remote turn-on lead is also provided. The power/ground set screws can be tightened/loosened with the supplied 4mm Allen wrench, while the remote turn-on lead set screw uses the supplied 2mm Allen wrench.
- Speaker Output: Platinum-plated set-screw terminals are also provided for connecting the speaker output wires to the amp. The terminals will accept up to 12-gauge wire, and can be tightened/loosened with the 2mm Allen wrench.
- Remote: The PRX Remote Level Control cable connects to the amp's RJ14 modular "phone" jack. It controls the output of the rear channels only.
1 question already asked