About the Memphis Audio 16-PRX500.1
Best seller plays bass and looks good
Best seller plays bass and looks good
Memphis Audio's PRX500.1 Power Reference mono subwoofer amplifier can deliver up to 500 watts RMS to your subwoofer, giving your bass impact while adding some cool accent lighting to your installation. Speaker-level inputs let this amp work with almost any car sound system, even a factory radio.
Tone controls for superior bass
Controls hidden under the magnetic "M" badge give you the power to tune the amp's signal for optimal subwoofer efficiency and tone. Low-pass and subsonic filters clear the way for smooth bass sound, while a variable bass boost lets you add the right amount of wallop if you need it. Memphis includes a wired remote with this amp for adjusting bass level from the driver's seat.
Memphis Audio PRX500.1 inputs
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 200 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (350 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- 500 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
- variable low-pass filter (50-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 45 Hz)
- variable subsonic filter (20-50 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- preamp inputs and outputs
- speaker-level inputs
- wired remote level control included
- removable magnetic "M" badge conceals top-mounted controls
- LED accent lighting
- fuse rating: 30A x 2
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- frequency response: 20-180 Hz
- dimensions: 10-3/16"W x 2-1/16"H x 7-3/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 16-PRX500.1
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier
- Four 30A ATO fuses (2 installed)
- 12" Speaker input harness
- 4mm Allen wrench
- 2mm Allen wrench
- PRX Remote module
- 16.25' Remote cable (RJ14 plugs on both ends)
- 2 Mounting screws for remote (3/8" length)
- 4 Self tapping screws (3/4" length)
- 4 Flat washers
- 2 M3 x 8mm screws
- Product Manual & Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
- Certified Power certificate
Memphis Audio 16-PRX500.1 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Memphis Audio 16-PRX500.1
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
200 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||350 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||1|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||1|
|Best Frequency Response||20-180 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.02%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Memphis Car Audio PRX500.1 is a Class D Power Reference series mono amplifier for driving your subwoofers. The amp features a compact aluminum chassis, LED accent lighting, and a magnetic M-badge control cover. The PRX500.1 comes with a PRX Remote level control, a speaker-level input harness, spare fuses, and mounting hardware.
Output Power: The PRX500.1 outputs 200 watts RMS x 1 at 4Ω, 350 watts RMS x 1 at 2Ω, and 500 watts RMS x 1 at 1Ω.
Controls: The amplifier has a magnetic control cover on the top panel featuring the Memphis Car Audio M-badge logo. You will need to remove the cover to access the controls, and make adjustments with a flat-head screwdriver. The amp has the following controls:
- Sensitivity: The Sensitivity (or Gain) Control helps you match the amplifier to the output of the source unit. This adjusts the amount of signal required to drive the amplifier to full output. The amp will accept low level signals between 200mV and 6.0V, and high level signals between 800mV and 10.0V.
- Low Pass Filter: The variable low pass filter lets you adjust the upper frequency limit of the amplifier's output. You can set the crossover point between 50Hz and 200 Hz. The low pass filter has a slope of 12dB per octave.
- Infrasonic Filter: The variable Infrasonic Filter sets the lower frequency limit of the amplifier's output. The crossover point can be set between 20Hz and 50Hz. The Infrasonic Filter helps the amp run more efficiently by cutting out super low frequencies that cannot be cleanly reproduced. The infrasonic filter has a slope of 12dB per octave.
- Bass Boost: The Bass Boost increases the bass response up to 12dB at 45Hz. The control is continuously variable from 0-12dB.
- Auto On: You can set the amplifier to automatically turn on when an audio signal is detected on the input (Signal Sense). This is helpful when you are connecting the amp to a factory stereo that does not have a remote turn-on lead. The Auto On switch (located on the side panel) can be set to Signal ("SIG") and Off.
Remote Level Control: Included with the amplifier is the PRX Remote Level control module. The module mounts under your dashboard or on the center console, and allows you to adjust the output of the amplifier from the front of the vehicle. The Remote Level control comes with an 16.25' cable and mounting screws.
Protection Circuitry: The amplifier features built-in circuitry to protect the amplifier against overload, short circuit, overheating, and reverse polarity. A Protect ("PRT") LED on the side of the amplifier will glow red when the amplifier shuts down due to any of the above causes.
Connections: The PRX500.1 has the following connections:
- High Input: The amp includes a 12" 2-channel speaker-level input harness for connecting the amp to a source unit that doesn't have RCA preamp outputs (such as a factory radio or factory amp). You should splice the left and right speaker outputs from the source unit to the harness wires and plug the harness into the amp's 5-pin Molex connector.
- Low Input: A pair of RCA jacks is provided for connecting the amp to the source unit's preamp output via an RCA patch cable.
- Preamp Output: A pair of RCA jacks is provided for feeding the input signal to another amplifier, allowing you to daisy chain a second amp from this amp. This prevents you from having to run another RCA cable from the front of the vehicle.
- Fuses: Two 30A ATO (blade) fuses are installed in the amplifier, giving the amplifier a 60A fuse rating. Two spare fuses are included, as well. You should also install a 60A fuse on the power wire within 18" of the battery.
- Power/Ground: The amplifier features platinum-plated set-screw terminals for connecting the power and ground wires. The platinum plating resists corrosion and maximizes power transfer. The terminals will accept up to 4-gauge power wire. Due to the 60A fuse rating of the amp, an 8-gauge amplifier wiring kit is recommended. A set-screw terminal for the remote turn-on lead is also provided. The power/ground set screws can be tightened/loosened with the supplied 4mm Allen wrench, while the remote turn-on lead set screw uses the supplied 2mm Allen wrench.
- Speaker Output: Platinum-plated set-screw terminals are also provided for connecting the speaker output wires to the amp. The terminals will accept up to 4-gauge wire, and can be tightened/loosened with the 4mm Allen wrench.
- Remote: The PRX Remote Level Control cable connects to the amp's RJ14 modular "phone" jack.