About the Memphis Audio 16-PRX700.5
Best seller plays all your music well and looks good
Best seller plays all your music well and looks good
Memphis Audio's PRX700.5 Power Reference 5-channel amplifier can deliver 50 watts RMS to each of your front and rear speakers, plus up to 400 watts RMS to a subwoofer, while adding some cool accent lighting to your installation. You can also put the versatile PRX700.5 into 3-channel mode to power a couple of high-performance components with 150 watts RMS each, while sending 400 watts to a sub. Speaker-level inputs let this amp work with almost any car sound system, even a factory radio.
Tone controls for any application
Controls hidden under the magnetic "M" badge give you the power to tune the amp's signal for optimal speaker efficiency and tone. High-pass filters rein in any runaway low frequencies to make your full-range speakers sound better, while low-pass filters clear the way for smooth bass sound. And a variable bass boost lets you add the right amount of subwoofer wallop if you need it. Memphis includes a wired remote with this amp for adjusting bass level from the driver's seat.
Memphis Audio PRX700.5 inputs
- 5-channel car amplifier
- 50 watts RMS x 4 + 250 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 75 watts RMS x 4 + 400 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- 150 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms + 400 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- variable high-pass filter (80-1,000 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable low-pass filter (50-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 45 Hz)
- preamp inputs
- wired remote level control for rear channels included
- removable magnetic "M" badge conceals top-mounted controls
- LED accent lighting
- fuse rating: 30A x 3
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- dimensions: 15-1/4"W x 2-1/16"H x 7-7/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 16-PRX700.5
What's in the box:
- 5-Channel amplifier
- Six 30A ATO fuses (3 installed)
- 4mm Allen wrench
- 2mm Allen wrench
- PRX Remote module
- 16.25' Remote cable (RJ14 plugs on both ends)
- 2 Mounting screws for remote (3/8" length)
- 4 Self tapping screws (3/4" length)
- 4 Flat washers
- 2 M3 x 8mm screws
- Product Manual & Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
- Certified Power certificate
Memphis Audio 16-PRX700.5 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Memphis Audio 16-PRX700.5
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
50 x 4 |
250 x 1
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||75 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||150 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.02%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 (50-180sub)|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||80-1000 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Memphis Car Audio PRX700.5 is a Class AB Power Reference series 5-channel amplifier for driving two pairs of speakers and a subwoofer (5-channel), one pair of speakers plus 2 subwoofers (4-channel), or three subwoofers (3-channel). The amp features a compact aluminum chassis, LED accent lighting, and a magnetic M-badge control cover. The PRX700.5 comes with a PRX Remote level control, spare fuses, and mounting hardware.
Output Power: The PRX700.5 has the following output:
- 50 watts RMS x 4 + 250 watts RMS x 1 at 4Ω
- 75 watts RMS x 4 + 400 watts RMS x 1 at 2Ω
- 150 watts RMS x 2 + 400 watts RMS at 4Ω bridged
Controls: The amplifier has a magnetic control cover on the top panel featuring the Memphis Car Audio M-badge logo. You will need to remove the cover to access the controls, and make adjustments with a flat-head screwdriver. The amp features independent controls for the front, rear, and sub channels:
- Sensitivity: The Sensitivity (or Gain) Control helps you match the amplifier to the output of the source unit. This adjusts the amount of signal required to drive the amplifier to full output. The amp will accept low level signals between 200mV and 6.0V. The amplifier does not have speaker level inputs.
- Crossover Mode: The front and rear channels have
selectable high pass or low pass crossovers, while the sub channel offers a
low pass filter and an infrasonic filter. The front/rear crossovers can be
disabled for full range output. All of the crossovers have a slope of 12dB
- High Pass: The variable high pass filter sets the lower frequency limit of the amplifier's front and rear channel output. The crossover point can be set between 80Hz and 1000Hz.
- Low Pass: The variable low pass filter sets the upper frequency limit of the amplifier's front, rear, and sub output. You can set the crossover point between 50Hz and 200Hz on the front and rear channels. The crossover range for the sub channel is 50Hz to 180Hz.
- Infrasonic Filter: The variable Infrasonic Filter sets the lower frequency limit of the sub channel's output. The crossover point can be set between 20Hz and 50Hz. The Infrasonic Filter helps the amp run more efficiently by cutting out super low frequencies that cannot be cleanly reproduced.
- Bass Boost: The Bass Boost increases the bass response of the sub channel up to 12dB at 45Hz. The control is continuously variable from 0-12dB.
- Auto On: You can set the amplifier to automatically turn on when an audio signal is detected on the input (Signal Sense). This is helpful when you are connecting the amp to a factory stereo that does not have a remote turn-on lead. The Auto On switch (located on the side panel) can be set to Signal ("SIG") and Off.
- Input Mode: A 3-way switch lets you set the input mode to 5-channel, 4-channel, or 2-channel. In 5-channel mode, three stereo RCA cables are connected to the RCA input jacks. In 4-channel mode, stereo RCA cables are connected to the front and rear inputs. The subwoofer channel input comes from the rear channel signal, and you can maintain front-to-back fader control from the source unit. In 2-channel mode, all five channels are driven by the front channel input, and fader control is lost.
Remote Level Control: Included with the amplifier is the PRX Remote Level control module. The module mounts under your dashboard or on the center console, and allows you to raise and lower the subwoofer output relative to the rest of the system. The Remote Level control comes with an 16.25' cable and mounting screws.
Protection Circuitry: The amplifier features built-in circuitry to protect the amplifier against overload, short circuit, overheating, and reverse polarity. A Protect ("PRT") LED on the side of the amplifier will glow red when the amplifier shuts down due to any of the above causes.
Connections: The PRX700.5 has the following connections:
- Low Input: The amp features three pairs of RCA jacks for connecting the amp to the source unit's preamp outputs via RCA patch cables. Inputs for front, rear, and sub channels are provided.
- Fuses: Three 30A ATO (blade) fuses are installed in the amplifier, giving the amplifier a 90A fuse rating. Three spare fuse are included, as well. You should also install a 90A fuse on the power wire within 18" of the battery.
- Power/Ground: The amplifier features platinum-plated set-screw terminals for connecting the power and ground wires. The platinum plating resists corrosion and maximizes power transfer. The terminals will accept up to 4-gauge power wire. Due to the 50A fuse rating of the amp, a 4-gauge amplifier wiring kit is recommended. A set-screw terminal for the remote turn-on lead is also provided. The power/ground set screws can be tightened/loosened with the supplied 4mm Allen wrench, while the remote turn-on lead set screw uses the supplied 2mm Allen wrench.
- Speaker Output: Platinum-plated set-screw terminals are also provided for connecting the speaker output wires to the amp. The terminals will accept up to 12-gauge wire, and can be tightened/loosened with the 2mm Allen wrench.
- Remote: The PRX Remote Level Control cable connects to the amp's RJ14 modular "phone" jack. It controls the output of the sub channel only.
4 questions already asked