About the Memphis Audio 16-SRX250.1
Power for the street
Power for the street
Looking for a nice sub amp without a big price tag? Memphis Audio's Street Reference SRX250.1 mono subwoofer amplifier will add some extra bump to your bass, sending up to 250 watts RMS to your sub. Great bass is all about tone, and this amp features a low-pass crossover, selectable bass boost, and variable subsonic filter that give you the control you need for superior low-end punch.
Remote control and moreThe package includes a wired remote that you can use to control the bass level from the front seat. And you can connect this amp to almost any system, even one with a factory radio, thanks to its speaker-level inputs. Bright LED accent lighting lends a touch of style to your installation.
Memphis Audio SRX250.1 inputs and controls
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 150 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (250 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- variable low-pass filter (30-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- selectable bass boost (0, 6, 12 dB at 45 Hz)
- variable subsonic filter (15-50 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- wired remote level control included
- fuse rating: 15A x 2
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- dimensions: 11-13/16"W x 2-1/16"H x 8-1/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 16-SRX250.1
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier
- Four 15A ATO fuses (2 installed)
- 8.5" Speaker level input harness
- Remote Gain control module
- 16.25' Remote cable (RJ25 plugs on both ends)
- 2 Mounting screws for remote (1/4" length)
- 4 Split-lock washers
- Product Manual & Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
Memphis Audio 16-SRX250.1 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Memphis Audio 16-SRX250.1
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
150 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||500 x 1|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||250 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||30-250 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.5%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||92 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||30-250 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0, 6, 12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Memphis Car Audio SRX250.1 is a Street Reference series mono amplifier for driving subwoofers. The amp features a compact aluminum chassis with textured heatsinks, LED accent lighting, and a remote gain control. The SRX250.1 comes with a speaker input harness, and spare fuses.
Output Power: The SRX250.1 has the following power output:
- 150 watts RMS x 1 at 4Ω
- 250 watts RMS x 1 at 2Ω
Controls: The amplifier features the following controls on the end panel:
- Gain: The rotary Gain control helps you match the amplifier to the output of the source unit. This adjusts the amount of signal required to drive the amplifier to full output. The amp will accept low level signals between 100mV and 6.0V. The amplifier also has speaker level inputs.
- Low Pass: The variable low pass filter sets the upper frequency limit of the amplifier's output. You can set the crossover point between 30Hz and 250Hz. The low pass filter has a slope of 12dB per octave.
- Subsonic Filter: The variable Subsonic Filter sets the lower frequency limit of the sub channel's output. The crossover point can be set between 15Hz and 50Hz using the rotary control. The Subsonic Filter helps the amp run more efficiently by cutting out super low frequencies that cannot be cleanly reproduced.
- Bass Boost: The Bass Boost increases the bass response of the sub channel up to 12dB at 45Hz. You can set the amount of bass boost to 0dB, 6dB, or 12dB using the 3-way switch.
Remote Gain Control: Included with the amplifier is a Remote Gain control module. The module mounts under your dashboard or on the center console, and allows you to raise and lower the subwoofer output relative to the rest of the system. The Remote Level control comes with an 16.25' cable and mounting screws.
Protection Circuitry: The amplifier features built-in circuitry to protect the amplifier against overload, short circuit, overheating, and reverse polarity. A Protect LED on the side of the amplifier will glow red when the amplifier shuts down due to any of the above causes.
Connections: The SRX250.1 has the following connections:
- Low Input: The amp features a pair of RCA jacks for connecting the amp to the source unit's preamp outputs via an RCA patch cable. The input sensitivity of the low input is 100mV to 6V.
- High Input: If your source unit lacks preamp outputs, you can connect it to the amp using the high level (speaker level) input. You'll need to splice the unit's speaker wires to the supplied harness and plug it into the amp's 5-pin Molex connector.
- Fuses: Two 15A ATO (blade) fuses are installed in the amplifier, giving the amplifier a 30A fuse rating. Two spare fuses are included, as well. You should also install a 30A fuse on the power wire within 18" of the battery.
- Power/Ground: The amplifier features nickel-plated screw-down terminals for connecting the power and ground wires. The nickel plating resists corrosion and maximizes power transfer. The power and ground terminals are 1/2" wide, and will accept bare wire or spade connectors. Due to the 30A fuse rating of the amp, an 8-gauge amplifier wiring kit is recommended. A screw terminal for the remote turn-on lead is also provided. The terminals can be tightened/loosened with a slotted or Phillips-head screwdriver (not provided).
- Speaker Output: Nickel-plated crew terminals are also provided for connecting the speaker output wires to the amp. The terminals are 5/16" wide, and will accept bare wire or spade connectors. Two sets of speaker terminals are provided, allowing you to connect two subwoofers to the amplifier. The terminals are internally wired in parallel.
- Remote: The Remote Gain Control cable connects to the amp's RJ25 modular "phone" jack. The remote controls the level of the input signal into the amp.