About the Memphis Audio MXA600.1M
Big bass performance from a rugged amp
Big bass performance from a rugged amp
Memphis Audio's MXA600.1M mono amplifier can send up to 600 watts RMS to your marine subwoofer, plus it's built tough for life in the great outdoors. If you need a sturdy, powerful sub amp for your boat or off-road vehicle, the MXA600.1M will deliver some serious bass.
Plenty of control
This rugged amp features a low-pass filter, variable bass boost, phase switch, and variable subsonic filter that allow you to adjust the output to suit your tastes. A handy remote level control is included, too
Made to excel in the outdoors
Life on the water or the trail can be tough on audio gear, so Memphis Audio designed this Class D amp to resist salt, spray, and punishing sunlight. It's small enough to fit into a console or storage compartment, but it also features a clever splash guard that protects the internals from unexpected moisture. Wherever you place it, the MXA600.1M will stay cool and run reliably while you're out having fun.
- mono marine/powersports amplifier
- 600 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
- 250 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (400 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- frequency response: 17-250 Hz
- variable bass boost
- variable subsonic filter
- Class D amp technology
- preamp inputs
- 4-gauge wiring kit recommended (sold separately)
- remote level control included
- dimensions: 10-3/4" W x 2-3/8"H x 6-1/2"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MXA600.1M
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier
- Four 35A ATO fuses (2 installed in amplifier)
- 3mm Allen wrench
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- 4 Self-tapping screws (5/8" length)
- 2 Self-tapping screws (5/16" length)
- Remote Level Control module
- 16.5' Remote Level Control Cable (RJ-25 plugs on each end)
- Operating Manual
More details on the Memphis Audio MXA600.1M
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||250 x 1|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||20-250 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||95 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||400 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||1|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Memphis Xtreme Audio MXA600.1M is a Class D MXA-series mono amplifier for driving a subwoofer in your vehicle, ATV, or boat. The amp features coated circuit boards, making it water-resistant and UV-resistant in extreme environments. The MXA600.1M comes with a remote level control, and mounting hardware.
Output Power: The MXA600.1M outputs 250 watts RMS x 1 at 4Ω, and 400 watts RMS x 1 at 2Ω, and 600 watts RMS x 1 at 1Ω.
Controls: The amplifier features a removable cover on the top to protect the controls from the elements. A 3mm Allen wrench (included) is required to remove the cover. The rotary controls can be adjusted with a flat-head screwdriver (not included). The amp has the following controls:
- Gain: The Gain Control helps you match the amplifier to the output of the source unit. This adjusts the amount of signal required to drive the amplifier to full output. The amp will accept low-level signals between 100mV and 5.5V.
- Subsonic Filter: The variable Subsonic Filter sets the lower frequency limit of the amplifier's output. The crossover point can be set between 15Hz and 50Hz. The Subsonic Filter helps the amp run more efficiently by cutting out super low frequencies that cannot be cleanly reproduced.
- Bass Boost: The variable Bass Boost lets you add 0-to-12dB of bass, centered at 45Hz.
- Low Pass Filter: The low pass filter lets you adjust the upper frequency limit of the amplifier's output. The rotary control lets you select a crossover point of 50Hz or 250Hz.
Remote Level Control: Included with the amplifier is a Remote Level control module, which mounts near the driver's seat and allows you to adjust the output of the amplifier by varying the gain of the input signal. The Remote Level control comes with an 16.5' cable.
Connections: The MXA600.1M has the following connections:
- Inputs: The amp has one pair of RCA jacks for connecting the source unit via an RCA cable.
- Power/Ground: Set screw terminals are provided for connecting power (up to 4 gauge), ground (up to 4 gauge), and remote turn-on lead (8 gauge). Based on the 70A fuse rating, a 4-gauge amplifier wiring kit is recommended. A 70A fuse should be placed on the power wire within 18" of the battery. The terminals can be tightened/loosened with the supplied 3mm and 2.5mm Allen wrenches.
- Speaker Output: Set screw terminals are provided for connecting a subwoofer to the amplifier. The terminals will accept up to 8 gauge wire. The terminals can be tightened/loosened with the supplied 2.5mm Allen wrench.
Mounting: The MXA600.1M can be mounted in the hatch or trunk, or under the seat of a vehicle. Under the seat of a boat or ATV is also acceptable. It should be mounted in a location that avoids direct contact with water. The amp can be installed horizontally or vertically.