About the Memphis Audio MXA850.5M
A 5-channel amp that's ready for the great outdoors
A 5-channel amp that's ready for the great outdoors
Memphis Audio's MXA850.5M 5-channel amplifier will be the heart of your impressive new marine or powersports audio system, with 60 watts from each of its front and rear channels, plus up to 300 watts from the subwoofer channel. With that much juice at your disposal, you'll definitely be able to hear your music over the wind and the roar.
Smart design creates a tough amp
This well-engineered amp will run cool no matter where you install it or how hard you push it. You'll have independent control over the level of the full-range channels and the sub channel, so you can adjust the output to suit your tastes..
Ready for the elements
Outdoor life can be tough on audio gear, so Memphis Audio designed this Class D amp to resist salt, spray, and punishing sunlight. There's even a splash guard to protect it from unexpected moisture. No matter where your weekend travels take you, you can count on this rugged, reliable amplifier.
- 5-channel marine/powersports amplifier
- Class D amp technology
- 60 watts x 4 at 4 ohms + 300 watts x 1 at 2 ohms
- 100 watts x 4 + 300 watts x 1 at 2 ohms
- 200 watts x 2 + 300 watts x 1 bridged
- variable high-pass and low-pass filters
- bass boost
- variable subsonic filter
- multi-zone remote level control
- input mode selector
- stands up to moisture and sunlight
- 3 sets of preamp inputs
- 4-gauge wiring kit (sold separately) recommended
- dimensions: 13-3/8"W x 2-3/8"H x 6-1/2"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MXA850.5M
What's in the box:
- 5-Channel amplifier
- Four 40A ATO fuses (2 installed in amplifier)
- 3mm Allen wrench
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- 4 Self-tapping screws (5/8" length)
- 2 Self-tapping screws (5/16" length)
- Remote Level Control module
- 16.5' Remote Level Control Cable (RJ-25 plugs on each end)
- Operating Manual
More details on the Memphis Audio MXA850.5M
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||60 x 4|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||95 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||100 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||235 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-500 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-500 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12dB/oct|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Memphis Xtreme Audio MXA850.5M is a Class D MXA-series 5-channel amplifier for driving speakers and a subwoofer in your vehicle, ATV, or boat. The amp features coated circuit boards, making it water-resistant and UV-resistant in extreme environments.
Output Power: The MXA850.5M outputs 60 watts RMS x 4, plus 175 watts RMS x 1 at 4Ω. At 2Ω, the amp produces 100 watts RMS x 4 and 300 watts RMS x 1. Channel 5 is stable at 1Ω with a 450 watt output. Channels 1-4 can be bridged at 4Ω, producing 235 watts RMS x 2 channels.
Controls: The amplifier features a removable cover on the top to protect the controls from the elements. A 3mm Allen wrench (included) is required to remove the cover. The rotary controls can be adjusted with a flat-head screwdriver (not included). The amp has independent controls for the front (1+2), rear (3+4), and sub (5) channels:
- Gain: The Front, Rear, and Sub Gain Controls help you match the amplifier to the output of the source unit. These controls adjust the amount of signal required to drive the amplifier to full output. The amp will accept low-level signals between 100mV and 5.5V.
- Crossovers: The Front, Rear, and Sub Crossovers can be
independently set as follows:
- Front: You can set the front channel crossover to Full-range or High-Pass between 50 and 500 Hz.
- Rear: The rear channel crossover can be set to Full-range or Low-Pass between 50 and 500 Hz.
- Subwoofer: The subwoofer channel crossover is set to Low-Pass (non-defeatable) between 50 and 250 Hz.
- Subsonic Filter (Subwoofer Channel only): The Subwoofer channel has a subsonic filter to cut out unwanted low frequencies that rob amplifier power and cannot be cleanly reproduced.
- Bass Boost (Subwoofer Channel only): The variable Bass Boost lets you add 0-to-12dB of bass, centered at 45Hz.
- Input Mode Switch: The 3-way Input Mode switch lets you indicate the number of audio inputs connected to the amplifier. Options include: Front, Front + Rear, or Front + Rear + Sub.
Connections: The MXA850.5M has the following connections:
- Inputs: The amp has three pairs of RCA jacks for connecting the source unit via RCA cables. The Input Select switch should be set to match the number of audio inputs connected.
- Power/Ground: Set screw terminals are provided for connecting power (up to 4 gauge), ground (up to 4 gauge), and remote turn-on lead (8 gauge). Based on the 80A fuse rating, a 4-gauge amplifier wiring kit is recommended. An 80A fuse should be placed on the power wire within 18" of the battery. The terminals can be tightened/loosened with the supplied 3mm and 2.5mm Allen wrenches.
- Speaker Output: Set screw terminals are provided for connecting two pairs of speakers and a subwoofer to the amplifier. You can bridge the front and rear channels to two channels by connecting the Left Rear + and Right Rear - to one speaker and the Left Front + and Right Front - to the other speaker (minimum 4Ω load). The terminals will accept up to 8 gauge wire. The terminals can be tightened/loosened with the supplied 2.5mm Allen wrench.
Remote Level Control: Included with the amplifier is a Remote Level control module, which mounts near the driver's seat and allows you to adjust the output of the subwoofer channel by varying the gain of the input signal. The Remote Level control comes with an 16.5' cable.
Mounting: The MXA850.5M can be mounted in the hatch or trunk, or under the seat of a vehicle. Under the seat of a boat or ATV is also acceptable. It should be mounted in a location that avoids direct contact with water. The amp can be installed horizontally or vertically.