About the Memphis Audio PRXA300.4
Plays well and looks good
Plays well and looks good
Memphis Audio's Power Reference Series PRX300.4 4-channel amplifier delivers 50 watts RMS to each of your front and rear speakers, giving your music extra clarity and impact while adding some cool accent lighting to your installation. You can also bridge the versatile PRX300.4 into 2-channel mode to power a couple of subwoofers or high-performance components with 140 watts RMS each.
Tone controls for any application
Controls hidden under a protective top panel give you the power to tune the amp's signal for optimal speaker efficiency and tone. High-pass filters rein in any runaway low frequencies, while low-pass filters clear the way for smooth bass sound. And variable bass boosts let you add the right amount of subwoofer wallop if you need it. Memphis includes a wired remote with this amp for adjusting the volume of the rear channels from the driver's seat — especially handy when using them bridged to power a sub.
PRXA300.4 connection panel
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 50 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (75 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 140 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable when bridged)
- variable high-pass filter (80-1000 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable low-pass filter (50-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 45 Hz)
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- Class AB amp technology
- preamp inputs with signal-sensing auto turn-on
- wired remote level control for rear channels included
- removable magnetic panel conceals top-mounted controls
- LED accent lighting
- wiring, fuse, and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-gauge power and ground leads with a 60-amp fuse recommended
- dimensions: 13-1/8"W x 2-3/16"H x 7-9/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PRXA300.4
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel amplifier
- Memphis nameplate (with adhesive backing)
- 4mm Allen wrench
- 2mm Allen wrench
- Remote module
- 16.3' Remote cable (RJ14 plugs on both ends)
- 2 Mounting screws for remote (3/8" length)
- 4 Self tapping screws for amp (1" length)
- 4 Flat washers
- Warranty sheet
- Certified Power certificate
More details on the Memphis Audio PRXA300.4
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
50 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||75 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||140 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||80-1000 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Memphis Car Audio PRXA300.4 is a Power Reference series 4-channel amplifier for driving your car speakers or subwoofers. The amp features a compact aluminum chassis, LED accent lighting, a Remote level control, and a magnetic control cover.
Output Power: The PRXA300.4 outputs 50 watts RMS x 4 at 4Ω, 75 watts RMS x 4 at 2Ω, and 140 watts RMS x 2 at 4Ω bridged.
Controls: The amplifier has a 3.5" x 2.25" magnetic control cover on the top panel, allowing you to easily remove the cover to access the controls and make adjustments. Independent controls are provided for the front (1 & 2) and rear (3 & 4) channels. The amp has the following controls:
- Gain: The Gain Control helps you match the amplifier to the output of the source unit. This adjusts the amount of signal required to drive the amplifier to full output. The amp will accept low level signals between 200mV and 6.0V.
- Crossover: A 3-way switch lets you choose the type of crossover to apply. You can set the crossover to LPF (Low Pass Filter), HPF (High Pass Filter, or Full (Full Range).
- Low Pass Filter: The variable low pass filter lets you adjust the upper frequency limit of the amplifier's output. You can set the crossover point between 50Hz and 250 Hz. The low pass filter has a slope of 12dB per octave.
- High Pass Filter: The variable high pass filter lets you adjust the lower frequency limit of the amplifier's output. You can set the crossover point between 80Hz and 1000 Hz. The high pass filter has a slope of 12dB per octave.
- Bass Boost: The Bass Boost increases the bass response up to 12dB at 45Hz. The control is continuously variable from 0-12dB.
Auto On: You can set the amplifier to automatically turn on when an audio signal is detected on the input (Signal Sense). This is helpful when you are connecting the amp to a factory stereo that does not have a remote turn-on lead. The Auto On switch (located on the side panel) can be set to Signal ("SIG") and Off.
Remote Level Control: Included with the amplifier is a Remote Level control module. The module mounts under your dashboard or on the center console, and allows you to adjust the output of the rear channels of the amplifier from the front of the vehicle. The Remote Level control comes with a 16.3' cable and mounting screws.
Protection Circuitry: The amplifier features built-in circuitry to protect the amplifier against overload, short circuit, overheating, and reverse polarity. A Protect ("PRT") LED on the side of the amplifier will glow red when the amplifier shuts down due to any of the above causes.
Platinum-plated Connectors: The PRXA300.4 is equipped with platinum-plated connectors to resist corrosion and maximize power transfer.
Input Mode: A 2-way switch on the side panel lets you set the input mode to 4-channel or 2-channel. In 4-channel mode, two stereo RCA cables are connected to the RCA input jacks. This allows you to maintain front-to-back fader control from the source unit. In 2-channel mode, all four channels are driven by the front channel input, and fader control is lost.
Connections: The PRXA300.4 has the following connections:
- Input: Two pairs of RCA jacks are provided for connecting the amp to the source unit's preamp output via an RCA patch cable. If the Input Mode is set to 4-channel, you'll need two stereo RCA cables, or only one stereo cable if set to 2-channel.
- Power/Ground: The amplifier features set-screw terminals for connecting the power and ground wires. The terminals will accept up to 4-gauge power wire, however, due to the 60A fuse rating of the amp, an 8-gauge amplifier wiring kit is recommended. A set-screw terminal (that accepts up to 10-gauge wire) for the remote turn-on lead is also provided. The power/ground set screws can be tightened/loosened with the supplied 4mm Allen wrench, while the remote turn-on lead set screw uses the supplied 2mm Allen wrench.
- Speaker Output: Set-screw terminals are also provided for connecting the speaker output wires to the amp. The terminals will accept up to 10-gauge wire, and can be tightened/loosened with the 4mm Allen wrench.
- Remote: The Remote Level Control cable connects to the amp's RJ14 modular "phone" jack. The Remote will control only the rear channel output of the amplifier.
Fuses: The PRXA300.4 includes no fuses, however the amplifier has a 60A fuse rating. To protect the amplifier, you should install a 60A fuse on the positive power wire within 18" of the battery.
Memphis Logo Badge: The amplifier includes a 3-3/4" x 7/8" metal Memphis logo badge. The badge has an adhesive backing, which allows the badge to be mounted in any orientation.