Memphis Audio PRXA600.1
Power Reference mono subwoofer amplifier — 600 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
Item # 953PRXA601 | MFR # PRXA600.1
Out of Stock
Ship date unknown
$349.99 or 3 payments of $116.66 Details
Offers & Financing
Ask an expert
Our VA-based experts can help.
Our take on the Memphis Audio PRXA600.1 by Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
Best seller plays great bass and looks good doing it
Memphis Audio's PRX600.1 Power Reference mono amplifier delivers up to 600 watts RMS to your subwoofer setup, providing bass impact while adding some cool accent lighting to your installation. Controls hidden under a protective top panel let you tune the amp's signal for optimal subwoofer efficiency and tone. Low-pass and subsonic filters clear the way for smooth bass sound, while a variable bass boost lets you dial up the wallop when you need it. Memphis includes a wired remote with this amp for adjusting bass level from the driver's seat.
PRXA600.1 connection panel
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 250 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (400 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- 600 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
- variable low-pass filter (50-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 45 Hz)
- variable subsonic filter (20-50 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- frequency response: 20-180 Hz
- Class D amp technology
- preamp inputs and outputs
- inputs feature signal-sensing auto turn-on
- wired remote level control included
- removable magnetic panel conceals top-mounted controls
- LED accent lighting
- wiring, fuse, and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-gauge power and ground leads with a 60-amp fuse recommended
- dimensions: 13-1/4"W x 2-1/8"H x 7-1/2"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Mono amplifier
- Memphis nameplate (with adhesive backing)
- 4mm Allen wrench
- 2mm Allen wrench
- Remote module
- 16.3' Remote cable (RJ14 plugs on both ends)
- 2 Mounting screws for remote (3/8" length)
- 4 Self tapping screws for amp (1" length)
- 4 Flat washers
- Warranty sheet
- Certified Power certificate
Why Shop With Us?12 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
250 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||400 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||---|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||1|
|Best Frequency Response||20-180 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-180 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Memphis Car Audio PRXA600.1 is a Power Reference series mono amplifier for driving your subwoofers. The amp features a compact aluminum chassis, LED accent lighting, a Remote level control, and a magnetic control cover.
Output Power: The PRXA600.1 outputs 250 watts RMS x 1 at 4Ω, 400 watts RMS x 1 at 2Ω, and 600 watts RMS x 1 at 1Ω.
Controls: The amplifier has a 3.5" x 2" magnetic control cover on the top panel, allowing you to easily remove the cover to access the controls and make adjustments. The amp has the following controls:
- Gain: The Gain Control helps you match the amplifier to the output of the source unit. This adjusts the amount of signal required to drive the amplifier to full output. The amp will accept low level signals between 200mV and 6.0V.
- Low Pass Filter: The variable low pass filter lets you adjust the upper frequency limit of the amplifier's output. You can set the crossover point between 50Hz and 180 Hz. The low pass filter has a slope of 12dB per octave.
- Subsonic Filter: The variable Subsonic Filter sets the lower frequency limit of the amplifier's output. The crossover point can be set between 20Hz and 50Hz. The Subsonic Filter helps the amp run more efficiently by cutting out ultra low frequencies that cannot be cleanly reproduced. The Subsonic filter has a slope of 24dB per octave.
- Bass Boost: The Bass Boost increases the bass response up to 12dB at 45Hz. The control is continuously variable from 0-12dB.
Auto On: You can set the amplifier to automatically turn on when an audio signal is detected on the input (Signal Sense). This is helpful when you are connecting the amp to a factory stereo that does not have a remote turn-on lead. The Auto On switch (located on the side panel) can be set to Signal ("SIG") and Off.
Remote Level Control: Included with the amplifier is a Remote Level control module. The module mounts under your dashboard or on the center console, and allows you to adjust the output of the amplifier from the front of the vehicle. The Remote Level control comes with a 16.3' cable and mounting screws.
Protection Circuitry: The amplifier features built-in circuitry to protect the amplifier against overload, short circuit, overheating, and reverse polarity. A Protect ("PRT") LED on the side of the amplifier will glow red when the amplifier shuts down due to any of the above causes.
Connections: The PRXA600.1 has the following connections:
- Input: A pair of RCA jacks is provided for connecting the amp to the source unit's preamp output via an RCA patch cable.
- Preamp Output: A pair of RCA jacks is provided for feeding the input signal to another amplifier, allowing you to daisy chain a second amp from this amp. This prevents you from having to run another RCA cable from the front of the vehicle.
- Power/Ground: The amplifier features set-screw terminals for connecting the power and ground wires. The terminals will accept up to 4-gauge power wire. Due to the 60A fuse rating of the amp, an 8-gauge amplifier wiring kit is recommended. A set-screw terminal (that accepts up to 10-gauge wire) for the remote turn-on lead is also provided. The power/ground set screws can be tightened/loosened with the supplied 4mm Allen wrench, while the remote turn-on lead set screw uses the supplied 2mm Allen wrench.
- Speaker Output: Set-screw terminals are also provided for connecting the speaker output wires to the amp. The terminals will accept up to 4-gauge wire, and can be tightened/loosened with the 4mm Allen wrench.
- Remote: The Remote Level Control cable connects to the amp's RJ14 modular "phone" jack.
Fuses: The PRXA600.1 includes no fuses, however the amplifier has a 60A fuse rating. To protect the amplifier, you should install a 60A fuse on the positive power wire within 18" of the battery.
Memphis Logo Badge: The amplifier includes a 3-3/4" x 7/8" metal Memphis logo badge. The badge has an adhesive backing, which allows the badge to be mounted in any orientation.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Frequently Compared With
Memphis Audio PRXA600.1
Power Reference mono subwoofer amplifier — 600 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm$349.99
Soundstream Picasso Nano PN5.640D
Compact 5-channel car amplifier 60 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms + 350 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
Rockford Fosgate Power T400X2ad
Compact 2-channel car amplifier — 200 watts RMS x 2
Rockford Fosgate R1200-1D
Mono subwoofer amplifier 1,200 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm