About the Memphis Audio PRXA700.5
Plays all your music well and looks good
Plays all your music well and looks good
Memphis Audio's PRX700.5 Power Reference 5-channel amplifier delivers 50 watts RMS to each of your front and rear speakers, plus up to 400 watts RMS to a subwoofer, while adding some cool accent lighting to your installation. You can also put the versatile PRX700.5 into 3-channel mode to power a couple of high-performance components with 140 watts RMS each, while sending 400 watts to a sub.
Tone controls for any application
Controls hidden under a protective top panel give you the power to tune the amp's signal for optimal speaker efficiency and tone. High-pass filters rein in any runaway low frequencies to make your full-range speakers sound better, while low-pass filters on all channels clear the way for smooth bass sound. And a variable bass boost lets you add the right amount of subwoofer wallop when you need it. Memphis includes a wired remote with this amp for adjusting the sub output from the driver's seat.
PRXA700.5 connection panel
- 5-channel car amplifier
- 50 watts RMS x 4 + 200 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 75 watts RMS x 4 + 400 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- 140 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms + 400 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- variable high-pass filter (80-1,000 Hz, 12 dB/octave) on front and rear channels
- variable low-pass filter (50-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave) on all channels
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 45 Hz) and subsonic filter (20-50 Hz, 12 dB/octave) on sub channel
- preamp inputs with signal-sensing auto turn-on
- wired remote level control for the sub channel included
- removable magnetic panel conceals top-mounted controls
- LED accent lighting
- wiring, fuse, and hardware not included with amplifier
- 4-gauge power and ground leads with a 150-amp fuse recommended
- dimensions: 16"W x 2-3/16"H x 7-9/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PRXA700.5
What's in the box:
- 5-Channel amplifier
- Memphis nameplate (with adhesive backing)
- 4mm Allen wrench
- 2mm Allen wrench
- Remote module
- 16.3' Remote cable (RJ14 plugs on both ends)
- 2 Mounting screws for remote (3/8" length)
- 4 Self tapping screws for amp (1" length)
- 4 Flat washers
- Warranty sheet
- Certified Power certificate
Memphis Audio PRXA700.5 reviews
I have this amp pushing 2 P3D4-12 subs and 4 6.5 inch Polks. Wow it really has the power to make my Jeep unlimited bump!! I'm ready to buy 2 more 12's and another amp for the heck of it
0 of 0 found this helpful
More details on the Memphis Audio PRXA700.5
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
50 x 4 |
200 x 1
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||75 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||140 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||80-1000 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Memphis Car Audio PRXA700.5 is a Power Reference series 5-channel amplifier for driving your car speakers and subwoofers. The amp features a compact aluminum chassis, wraparound LED accent lighting, a Remote level control, and a magnetic control cover.
Output Power: The PRXA700.5 outputs 50 watts RMS x 4 and 200 watts RMS x 1 at 4Ω, and 75 watts RMS x 4 and 400 watts RMS x 1 at 2Ω. You can also bridge the front and rear channels with an output of 140 watts RMS x 2 at 4Ω.
Controls: The amplifier has a 5.25" x 2.25" magnetic control cover on the top panel, allowing you to easily remove the cover to access the controls and make adjustments. Independent controls are provided for the front (1 & 2), rear (3 & 4), and sub (5) channels. The amp has the following controls:
- Gain (Front, Rear, Sub): The Gain Control helps you match the amplifier to the output of the source unit. This adjusts the amount of signal required to drive the amplifier to full output. The amp will accept low level signals between 200mV and 6.0V.
- Crossover (Front, Rear): A 3-way switch for the front and rear channels lets you choose the type of crossover to apply. You can set the crossover to LPF (Low Pass Filter), HPF (High Pass Filter, or Full (Full Range). The sub channel has a non-defeatable low pass filter.
- Low Pass Filter (Front, Rear, Sub): The variable low pass filter lets you adjust the upper frequency limit of the amplifier's output. You can set the crossover point between 50Hz and 250 Hz. The low pass filter has a slope of 12dB per octave.
- High Pass Filter (Front, Rear): The variable high pass filter lets you adjust the lower frequency limit of the amplifier's front and rear channel output. You can set the crossover point between 80Hz and 1000 Hz. The high pass filter has a slope of 12dB per octave.
- Subsonic Filter (Sub): The variable Subsonic Filter sets the lower frequency limit of the amplifier's sub channel output. The crossover point can be set between 20Hz and 50Hz. The Subsonic Filter helps the amp run more efficiently by cutting out super low frequencies that cannot be cleanly reproduced. The Subsonic filter has a slope of 24dB per octave.
- Bass Boost (Sub): The Bass Boost increases the bass response of the sub channel from 0 to 12dB at 45Hz.
Auto On: You can set the amplifier to automatically turn on when an audio signal is detected on the input (Signal Sense). This is helpful when you are connecting the amp to a factory stereo that does not have a remote turn-on lead. The Auto On switch (located on the side panel) can be set to Signal ("SIG") and Off.
Remote Level Control: Included with the amplifier is a Remote Level control module. The module mounts under your dashboard or on the center console, and allows you to adjust the output of the sub channel of the amplifier from the front of the vehicle. The Remote Level control comes with a 16.3' cable and mounting screws.
Protection Circuitry: The amplifier features built-in circuitry to protect the amplifier against overload, short circuit, overheating, and reverse polarity. A Protect ("PRT") LED on the side of the amplifier will glow red when the amplifier shuts down due to any of the above causes.
Platinum-plated Connectors: The PRXA700.5 is equipped with platinum-plated connectors to resist corrosion and maximize power transfer.
Input Mode: A 3-way switch on the side panel lets you set the input mode to 5-channel, 4-channel, or 2-channel. In 5-channel mode, the input signals to the amplifier are sent through three stereo RCA cables. In 4-channel mode, two stereo RCA cables are connected to the RCA input jacks. This allows you to maintain front-to-back fader control from the source unit, while the sub channel is non-fading. In 2-channel mode, all five channels are driven by the front channel inputs, and front-to-rear fader control is lost.
Connections: The PRXA700.5 has the following connections:
- Input: Three pairs of RCA jacks are provided for connecting the amp to the source unit's preamp output via RCA patch cables.
- Power/Ground: The amplifier features set-screw terminals for connecting the power and ground wires. The terminals will accept up to 4-gauge power wire, however, due to the 150A fuse rating of the amp, a 4-gauge amplifier wiring kit is recommended. A set-screw terminal (that accepts up to 10-gauge wire) for the remote turn-on lead is also provided. The power/ground set screws can be tightened/loosened with the supplied 4mm Allen wrench, while the remote turn-on lead set screw uses the supplied 2mm Allen wrench.
- Speaker Output: Set-screw terminals are also provided for connecting the speaker output wires to the amp. The terminals will accept up to 10-gauge wire, and can be tightened/loosened with the 4mm Allen wrench.
- Sub Output: Separate set-screw terminals are provided for the sub channel output. The terminals will accept larger gauge wire to allow you to connect multiple subwoofers. The sub output is designed to accept a 2 to 4 ohm load.
- Remote: The Remote Level Control cable connects to the amp's RJ14 modular "phone" jack. The Remote will control only the sub channel output of the amplifier.
Fuses: The PRXA700.5 includes no fuses, however the amplifier has a 150A fuse rating. To protect the amplifier, you should install a 150A fuse on the positive power wire within 18" of the battery.
Memphis Logo Badge: The amplifier includes a 3-3/4" x 7/8" metal Memphis logo badge. The badge has an adhesive backing, which allows the badge to be mounted in any orientation.