About the Memphis Audio VIV200.2
The product of over a half century of technical innovation
The product of over a half century of technical innovation
The folks at Memphis Audio are so proud of these amplifiers, they named the line after the year their company was born — 1965. Looking fine in its anodized brushed aluminum chassis, the SixFive Series VIV200.2 two-channel amp can send 65 watts RMS to each of a pair of full-range speakers, or 200 watts to a sub when in bridged mode. In addition, this versatile amp features onboard digital signal processing — including high-pass, low-pass, and bandpass filtering — that makes its use in actively amplified systems indispensable. You can even change the color of the amp's illuminated logo — select one of the seven available colors to match your mood, whim, or vehicle's interior.
Bandpass filtering for special applications
When running two "full-range" speakers, you can set the high-pass filter to eliminate the low notes a typical car speaker can't play efficiently. When using the VIV200.2 to power a subwoofer, you can apply a bandpass filter, using the high-pass as a subsonic filter to keep muddy, extreme low bass away from the sub, while the low-pass filter can get set to keep the high notes away. Used in a large multi-amp system, this amp can power a couple of midrange drivers, using the bandpass filter to eliminate the extreme highs and lows allowing only the midrange to play.
Connectivity and controls
A bass boost lets you add some extra pop to the bottom end. Speaker-level inputs and automatic turn-on circuitry allow you to connect this amp into almost any system, including ones using the factory radio. Preamp outputs can be used to feed another amp its input signal in a multi-amp system. A top-mount magnetic cover protects the control panel from dirt and other accidents.
ViV200.2 control panel
- 2-channel car amplifier
- 65 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (100 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms)
- 200 watts RMS x 1 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- Class D amp technology
- variable high-pass filter (10-500 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- variable low-pass filter (50-5,000 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- both filters engage for bandpass filtering
- variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 45 Hz)
- preamp inputs and outputs
- speaker-level inputs (require speaker wire to RCA adapters)
- hinged magnetic cover plate conceals top-mounted controls
- 7 color selectable LED logo
- 8-gauge power and ground leads and a 30-amp fuse recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses — when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 30-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and this amplifier is recommended
- dimensions: 9-3/16"W x 2-3/16"H x 8-1/4"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VIV200.2
What's in the box:
- 2-Channel amplifier
- 4 Self-tapping screws (length 2")
- 4 Flat washers
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- Amplifier Instructions
- Memphis Power Certificate
More details on the Memphis Audio VIV200.2
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
65 x 2 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||100 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||200 x 1|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||95 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-5000 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||10-500 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Memphis Car Audio VIV200.2 is a Six Five series two-channel amplifier. This Class D amp features a compact anodized brushed aluminum chassis with all of the connections on one side for a clean installation. Each individual amplifier includes a Certified Output Power certificate with a Total RMS Power specification and Pass/Fail results of the Total Harmonic Distortion, Signal-to-Noise, and Protection Circuit tests.
Output Power: The VIV200.2 has the following power output:
- 65 watts RMS x 2 at 4Ω (@ 14.4V, <1% THD)
- 100 watts RMS x 2 at 2Ω (@ 14.4V)
- 200 watts RMS x 1 at 4Ω bridged (@ 14.4V)
Controls: The amplifier features a hinged top plate where the following controls can be easily accessed:
- Gain: The rotary Gain control helps you match the amplifier to the output of the source unit. This adjusts the amount of signal required to drive the amplifier to full output. The rotary control is variable from 0 to 10.
- Crossover Control: A 4-way Crossover Control switch lets you set the amplifier's crossover to Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, or Off
- Low Pass: The variable low pass filter sets the upper frequency limit of the amplifier's output. You can set the crossover point between 50Hz and 500Hz, and between 500Hz and 5000 Hz, with the Lo-Pass Range switch set at 10X. The low pass filter has a slope of 24 dB per octave.
- High Pass: The variable high pass filter sets the lower frequency limit of the amplifier's output. The crossover point can be set between 10Hz and 500Hz using the rotary control. The high pass filter has a slope of 24 dB per octave.
- Bass Boost: The Bass Boost increases the bass response of the amplifier at 45Hz. The rotary control is variable from 0 dB to 18 dB.
- LED Color: This rotary control lets you select the color of the Memphis logos on the top of the amplifier. The logos are illuminated when the amplifier is powered on. There are six LED colors to choose from.
Protection Circuitry: The amplifier features built-in circuitry to protect the amplifier against short circuit, overheating, and over/under battery voltage. A Protect LED on the side of the amplifier will glow red when the amplifier shuts down due to any of the above causes.
Connections: The VIV200.2 has the following connections:
- Power/Ground/Turn-on: The amplifier features set screw terminals for connecting the power and ground wires. The
power and ground terminals will
accept bare wire up to 4 AWG. The manufacturer recommends an 8 AWG amplifier
wiring kit with an in-line 30A fuse placed on the power wire within 18" of
the battery. The REM or "Turn-on" set screw connection will accept up to 12
AWG wire, however, an 18 AWG remote lead should be sufficient.
- Auto Turn On: The Six Five series offers three different automatic turn on modes that can be selected via the 3-way switch. If using an 18 AWG remote turn-on lead, you should set the switch to "+12V". If a remote turn-on lead is not available, you can set the Auto Turn On to DC Offset or Audio Signal Sense.
- Input: The amp features a pair of RCA jacks for connecting the amp to the source unit's preamp outputs via an RCA patch cable. The amp accepts low level signals between 200mV and 5.0V, and high level signals from 400mV to 10.0V. If using a high-level input, you should set the Input Level button to Hi.
- Output: A second pair of RCA jacks is provided for sending the audio signal to a second amplifier. If the Auto Turn On switch is set to DC Offset or Audio, you can use the REM terminal to send a +12V turn-on signal to additional amplifiers.
- Speaker Output: Set screw terminals are also provided for connecting the speaker output wires to the amp. The terminals will accept up to 12 AWG wire.