About the Memphis Audio VIV400.4V2
The product of over a half century of technical innovation
The product of over a half century of technical innovation
The folks at Memphis Audio are so proud of these amplifiers, they named the line after the year their company was born — 1965. Looking fine in its anodized brushed aluminum chassis, the SixFive Series VIV400.4V2 four-channel amp can send 65 watts RMS to each of your front and rear full-range speakers. Into bass? You can bridge this amp to 2-channel mode, and drive a couple of subs with 200 watts each. You can even change the color of the amp's illuminated logo — select one of the seven available colors to match your mood, whim, or vehicle's interior.
Active application examples
This versatile amp features onboard digital signal processing — including high-pass, low-pass, and bandpass filtering — that makes it useful in a variety of systems.
2-way system: the amp's front channels drive a pair of tweeters, with a high-pass filter set to keep damaging low notes away. The rear channels drive a pair of woofers, with a low-pass filter set so the correct bass frequencies go their way. You can tweak the crossover settings to get the sound to fit your specific tweeters and woofers best.
3-way system: the tweeters are run the same way with the front channels, while you'd use the rear channels to power the midrange drivers, using a bandpass filter to eliminate the extreme highs and lows allowing the midrange to play clearly. You'd use a separate amplifier to power the low-frequency speakers or subs in this type of system.
Connectivity and controls
A bass boost lets you add some extra pop to the bottom end. Speaker-level inputs and automatic turn-on circuitry allow you to connect this amp into almost any system, including ones using the factory radio. Preamp outputs can be used to feed a subwoofer amp its input signal in a 3-way system. A magnetic cover protects the control panel from dirt and other accidents.
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 65 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (100 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 200 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- Class D amp technology
- front channels:
- variable high- or low pass filter (10-5,000 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- rear channels:
- variable high-pass filter (10-500 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- variable low-pass filter (50-5,000 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- bandpass filter engages both
- variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 45 Hz) on front and rear channels
- preamp inputs and outputs
- speaker-level inputs (require speaker wire to RCA adapters)
- hinged magnetic cover plate conceals top-mounted controls
- 7 color selectable LED logo
- wiring, fuse, and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-gauge power and ground leads and a 40-amp fuse recommended
- dimensions: 11"W x 2-1/4"H x 8-3/4"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VIV400.4V2
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel amplifier
- Four 8" Speaker wire to RCA adapters
- Reversible adhesive backed logo strip
- Four 2" Screws
- 4 Flat washers
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- Amplifier instructions
- Memphis Power Certificate
Memphis Audio VIV400.4V2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Memphis Audio VIV400.4V2
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
65 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||100 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||200 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||95 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-5000 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||10-5000 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Memphis Audio VIV400.4V2 is a SixFive series four-channel amplifier. This Class D amp features a compact anodized brushed aluminum chassis with all of the connections on one side for a clean installation. Each amplifier includes a Certificate of Performance with a Total RMS Power measurement.
Output Power: The amp has the following power output:
- 65 watts RMS x 4 at 4Ω (@ 14.4V, <1% THD)
- 100 watts RMS x 4 at 2Ω (@ 14.4V)
- 200 watts RMS x 2 at 4Ω bridged (@ 14.4V)
Controls: The amplifier features a hinged top plate where the following controls are accessed:
- Gain: The front and rear sections of the amp have independent rotary Gain controls to match the amplifier to the output of the source unit. This adjusts the amount of signal required to drive the amplifier to full output.
- Crossover Controls: Independent crossovers
are provided for the front and rear channels. The crossovers have
a slope of 24 dB/octave.
- Front Channels: The Front Channel crossover can be set to High Pass, Low Pass, or Off (full range). The crossover point is continuously variable from 10 Hz to 500 Hz (Range Switch at 1X) or 100 Hz to 5000 Hz (Range Switch at 10X).
- Rear Channels: The Rear Channel crossover can be set to High Pass, Low Pass, Band Pass (both the high pass and low pass crossovers are engaged), or Off (full range). The high pass crossover point is continuously variable from 10 Hz to 500 Hz using the rotary control. The low pass frequency is variable from 50 Hz to 500 Hz (Range Switch at 1X) or 500 Hz to 5000 Hz (Range Switch at 10X).
- Bass Boost: The Bass Boost increases the bass response of the amplifier at 45 Hz. The independent front and rear rotary controls are variable from 0 dB to 18 dB.
- LED Color: This rotary control lets you select the color of the logos on the top of the amplifier and the light strips along the sides. The logos are illuminated when the amplifier is powered on. There are seven LED colors to choose from.
- Auto Turn On: There are three different modes to turn the amp on, selected using the 3-position switch. If using a remote turn-on wire, set the switch to "+12V". If a remote turn-on lead is not available, you can set the Auto Turn On to DC Offset (speaker level input only) or Audio Signal Sense (speaker level or line level input). If the Auto Turn On switch is set to DC Offset or Audio, you can use the REM terminal to send a +12V turn-on signal to additional amplifiers.
- Input Level: The Input Level switch is set to match the type of input signal connected to the amplifier; if using line-level connections select LO, if using speaker-level inputs select HI.
- F/R Input: A 2-position switch specifies
how many input channels are connected:
- 2 Channel: the front channel inputs feed all four output channels
- 4 Channel: each output channel has a dedicated input
Protection Circuitry: The amplifier features built-in circuitry to protect the amplifier against short circuit, overheating, and over/under battery voltage. A Protect LED on the side of the amplifier will glow red when the amplifier shuts down due to any of the above causes.
Connections: The amp has the following connections:
- Power/Ground/Turn-on: The amplifier features set screw terminals for connecting the power and ground wires. The power and ground terminals will accept bare wire up to 4-gauge. The Memphis Audio recommends a 4-gauge amplifier wiring kit with an in-line 60-amp fuse on the power wire within 18" of the battery. The REM or "Turn-on" set screw connection will accept up to 10-gauge wire, however, an 18-gauge remote lead is sufficient.
- Signal Input: The amp has two pair of RCA jacks, front and rear, for connecting the amp to the source unit's preamp or speaker level outputs. The amp accepts line level signals between 200mV and 5.0V, and speaker level signals from 400mV to 10.0V.
- Line Output: A third pair of RCA jacks is provided for sending the audio signal to a second amplifier.
- Speaker Output: Set screw terminals are also provided for connecting the speaker wires to the amp. The terminals will accept up to 10-gauge wire.
The Memphis Audio VIV400.4V2 replaces these items