About the Memphis Audio VIV700.1
The product of over a half century of technical innovation
The product of over a half century of technical innovation
The folks at Memphis Audio are so proud of these amplifiers, they named the line after the year their company was born — 1965. Looking fine in its anodized brushed aluminum chassis, the SixFive Series VIV700.1 mono subwoofer amp can send 700 watts RMS to a 1-ohm sub. In addition, this amplifier features onboard digital signal processing — including subsonic and low-pass filtering, along with a parametric-style bass boost — that'll help you tune the sound of your bass to perfection. You can even change the color of the amp's illuminated logo — select one of the seven available colors to match your mood, whim, or vehicle's interior.
Signal processing for bass
Low-pass and subsonic filters let you tune your sub's sound for supreme clarity and articulation. M-Equalization™ bass enhancement controls (frequency, width, and level) let you add some finely-tuned bass impact to your music. An optional wireless remote lets you control the bass volume from the driver's seat.
Connectivity and controls
Speaker-level inputs and automatic turn-on circuitry allow you to connect this amp into almost any system, including ones using the factory radio. Preamp outputs can be used to feed another amp its input signal in a multi-amp system. A magnetic cover protects the control panel from dirt and other accidents.
ViV700.1 control panel
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 175 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (350 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- 700 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
- Class D amp technology
- frequency response: 20-200 Hz
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 48 dB/octave)
- variable subsonic filter (10-80 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- M-Equalization™ variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 20-80 Hz, 1-5 Q)
- optional wireless remote bass level control available
- preamp inputs and outputs
- speaker-level inputs (require speaker wire to RCA adapters)
- hinged magnetic cover plate conceals top-mounted controls
- 7 color selectable LED logo
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and a 60-amp fuse recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses — when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 60-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and this amplifier is recommended
- dimensions: 9-3/8"W x 2-1/4"H x 8-1/4"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VIV700.1
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier
- 4 Self-tapping screws (length 2")
- 4 Flat washers
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- Amplifier Instructions
- Memphis Power Certificate
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Memphis Audio VIV700.1 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Memphis Audio VIV700.1
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
175 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||350 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||---|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||1|
|Best Frequency Response||20-200 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||95 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||48 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||20-80 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Memphis Car Audio VIV700.1 is a Six Five series mono block amplifier. This Class D amp features a compact anodized brushed aluminum chassis with all of the connections on one side for a clean installation. Each individual amplifier includes a Certified Output Power certificate with a Total RMS Power specification and Pass/Fail results of the Total Harmonic Distortion, Signal-to-Noise, and Protection Circuit tests.
Output Power: The VIV700.1 has the following power output:
- 175 watts RMS x 1 at 4Ω (@ 14.4V, <1% THD)
- 350 watts RMS x 1 at 2Ω (@ 14.4V)
- 700 watts RMS x 1 at 1Ω (@ 14.4V)
Controls: The amplifier features a hinged top plate where the following controls can be easily accessed:
- Gain: The rotary Gain control helps you match the amplifier to the output of the source unit. This adjusts the amount of signal required to drive the amplifier to full output. The Gain control is variable from 0 to 10.
- Sub-Sonic Filter: The Sub-Sonic Filter provides a cutoff point for lower frequencies that cannot be cleanly reproduced, and may cause damage to your speakers and waste amplifier power. The Sub-Sonic Filter is variable from 10Hz to 80Hz, with a slope of 24dB per octave.
- Low Pass Filter: The Low Pass Filter cuts off higher frequencies from reaching your subwoofers, causing distortion. The cutoff frequency is variable between 50Hz and 200 Hz. The Low Pass filter has a 48dB per octave slope.
- M-Equalization: Memphis Audio's M-Equalization lets you
add just the right amount of bass to your subwoofers. You can adjust the
- Center Frequency: The Center Frequency can be tailored to the subwoofers you are driving. Larger subwoofers are capable of reproducing lower frequencies, while smaller subwoofers cannot. The Center Frequency is variable between 20Hz and 80 Hz.
- Q: The Q setting adjusts the bandwidth of the boosted signal. A higher Q setting results in a sharper cutoff at the frequencies below and above the selected center frequency. You can adjust the Q setting between 1 and 5.
- Bass Boost: The Bass Boost control lets you select how much additional bass, at the selected frequency, you send to your subs. The control is variable from 0 to 18 dB.
- LED Color: This rotary control lets you select the color of the Memphis logos on the top of the amplifier. The logos are illuminated when the amplifier is powered on. There are seven LED colors to choose from.
Optional Wireless Remote: With the optional VIVREM Wireless Bass Knob, you can control the output of the VIV700.1 remotely. The VIVREM will automatically pair with the amplifier, and offers a control range of 0 to -26dB. The remote has a rechargeable battery with an estimated battery life of 1000 hours.
Protection Circuitry: The amplifier features built-in circuitry to protect the amplifier against short circuit, overheating, and over/under battery voltage. A Protect LED on the side of the amplifier will glow red when the amplifier shuts down due to any of the above causes.
Connections: The VIV700.1 has the following connections:
- Power/Ground/Turn-on: The amplifier features set screw terminals for connecting the power and ground wires. The
power and ground terminals will
accept bare wire up to 4 AWG. The manufacturer recommends a 4 AWG amplifier
wiring kit with an in-line 60A fuse placed on the power wire within 18" of
the battery. The REM or "Turn-on" set screw connection will accept up to 12
AWG wire, however, an 18 AWG remote lead should be sufficient.
- Auto Turn On: The Six Five series offers three different automatic turn on modes that can be selected via the 3-way switch. If using an 18 AWG remote turn-on lead, you should set the switch to "+12V". If a remote turn-on lead is not available, you can set the Auto Turn On to DC Offset or Audio Signal Sense.
- Input: The amp features a pair of RCA jacks for connecting the amp to the source unit's preamp outputs via an RCA patch cable. The amp accepts low level signals between 200mV and 5.0V, and high level signals from 400mV to 10.0V. If using a high-level input, you should set the Input Level button to Hi.
- Output: A second pair of RCA jacks is provided for sending the audio signal to another amplifier. If the Auto Turn On switch is set to DC Offset or Audio, you can use the REM terminal to send a +12V turn-on signal to additional amplifiers.
- Speaker Output: Set screw terminals are also provided for connecting the speaker output wires to the amp. The terminals will accept up to 12 AWG wire.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?