About the Screen Innovations 5 Series
This screen is ready for 4K — and beyond
This screen is ready for 4K — and beyond
If picture quality matters as much to you as sheer image size in your projector system, Screen Innovations' 5 Series sets the standard for high-end fixed-frame screen performance. As a projector's resolution increases, the pixel size decreases. The smaller the pixel, the more chance there is that a screen's weave pattern or "grit" will dull some of the picture detail. If you're thinking about making the jump to a 4K projector, like one of Sony's SXRD models, a 5 Series screen makes an ideal match.
5 Series screens can show even the finest details
The 5 Series screens use Screen Innovations' advanced Pure screen material. Pure® features SI's proprietary Micro Texture surface that is nine times finer and smoother than conventional screen materials. That means 4K Ultra High Definition content will look pinpoint-sharp, with exceptional picture depth. Pure screens are actually rated for 8K video — when 8K content arrives, this screen will be ready. Pure Gray has .85 gain, which enhances contrast and black levels. This screen will work best in a room with some light control.
5 Series fixed screens feature a sturdy 3-1/2"-wide aluminum frame wrapped in non-reflective black velvet. Having black borders frame the viewing area enhances the perceived brightness and colors of on-screen images, and ensures that if your projector's image spills over the edges of the screen a tiny bit, you won't notice it.
This screen ships unassembled, and can be put together using basic hand tools. Screen Innovations' patented EZ-Snap™ tensioning system simplifies installation, and ensures an exceptionally flat, tight surface, for projecting a flawlessly smooth image. Recommended mounting height is 36" to 42" from the floor.
- 106" diagonal image size (16:9 viewing area)
- viewing area: 92"W x 52"H
- designed for use with HD, 4K, and 8K projectors
- Micro Texture surface is 9X finer and smoother than typical screens
- Pure Gray material with screen gain of 0.85 enhances black levels
- optimal viewing angle range is 80° half-angle, 160° total
- flexible, PVC-based screen material
- aluminum frame is 3-1/2"W x 2"D; wrapped with anti-reflective black velvet
- screen ships unassembled; requires basic hand tools to put together
- EZ-Snap™ tensioning system simplifies installation and ensures a flat, tight surface
- overall dimensions: 100"W x 59"H
- made in USA
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 5TF106PG
What's in the box:
- Fixed projection screen (106")
- Frame assembly
- Hardware kit
- Owner's Manual
Screen Innovations 5 Series reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Screen Innovations 5 Series
Screen Innovations (SI): Screen Innovations (SI) is a leading manufacturer of projection screens and associated technologies for residential and commercial applications.
Screen Sizes: The Screen Innovations 5 Series Theater Fixed Projection Screen is available in the following screen sizes - 100", 106", 110", & 120" (measured diagonally).
16:9 Aspect Ratio: The 5 Series Fixed Projection Screen is available in the most popular aspect ratio, 16:9, which is the same as most flat-panel televisions.
4K-Rated Screen Materials: The Screen Innovations 5 Series Theater Fixed Projection Screen is available in four screen materials - Pure White, Pure Gray, Slate 1.2, or Slate 0.8. These screen materials are perfect for watching 4K video content, delivering image quality that is razor sharp with perfect color and uniformity.
- Pure White: Pure White features SI's proprietary Micro Texture that is 9x finer and smoother than that of the best screen material available on the market today. This means ultra high definition (4k+) content won't be dulled by your screen material.
- Pure Gray: Pure Gray, like its brother Pure White also features SI's 9x finer and smoother texture than standard screen materials for un-matched resolution and picture clarity but in a darker color which improves black levels.
- Slate 1.2: Slate 1.2 replaces the need to settle for a substandard screen in a family room setting, by rejecting 65% of the room's ambient light vs. only <10% light rejection with a white or gray screen.
- Slate .8: The second flavor of SI's award winning Slate material, Slate .8 is black in color but reflects all colors of the spectrum.
Velvet Wrapped Aluminum Frame: The Screen Innovations 5 Series Theater Fixed Projection Screen features a 3.5" black velvet wrapped, aluminum extrusion frame that is anti-reflective.
EZ-Snap Tension System: Screen Innovations' patented EZ-Snap tensioning system was designed to make installation a breeze as well as giving our material the flattest and tightest mount on the market today. This system optimizes projector focus, producing sharper images as well as permanently eliminating any concerns about traditional "screen sag"
Mounting Options: The Fixed Projection Screen mounts to the wall using the supplied mounting brackets and hardware. The screen should be mounted 36" to 42" from the floor. Your projector should be mounted evenly with the top of the screen or angled 11° above or below the top of the screen.
Limited One Year Warranty: Screen Innovations warrants its products, to the original purchaser only, to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase by the original purchaser provided they are properly operated according to Screen Innovations' instructions and are not damaged due to improper handling or treatment after shipment from the factory.
1 question already asked