Screen Innovations 5 Series
Fixed-frame projector screen with acoustically transparent perforated Slate® black fabric (120")
Screen Innovations 5 Series - The Slate screen material prevents room light from washing out the picture
Our take on the Screen Innovations 5 Series by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
Awesome picture and sound
In a movie theater, the illusion of reality is enhanced by having the front speakers positioned behind the screen. Perforated screens like this one let you enjoy that same heightened realism in your home theater. It's a screen solution that will please the most demanding videophiles and audiophiles.
Tiny holes let the sound pass through
This screen's perforated fabric allows sound to pass through the screen. You can place speakers behind the screen with virtually no loss in sound — or picture — quality. Install in-wall speakers behind the screen and enjoy clean sound and a clean look. A perforated screen is a great option if creating a very realistic soundstage is one of your top priorities.
Screen Innovations' acoustic perforated materials have over 28,000 tiny .55mm diameter holes per square foot. During the development of their perforation technology, SI sent their materials to third-party acoustics labs for testing. Typical impact on frequency response is well within the -3dB range, with maximum attenuation of -6dB at 20,000 Hz.
This effect can be easily corrected by most modern A/V receivers with room correction. Also, many in-wall speakers include a treble compensation switch to adjust for this type of installation.
See the finest details, even with 4K — no "man cave" needed
Conventional projection screens require a dark room to produce a vivid, colorful picture. But Screen Innovations' Slate® screen material allows you to enjoy an outstanding picture even in a room with some lights on. Slate's special optical coatings reject 70% of a room's ambient light, compared to less than 10% rejection using a standard white or gray screen.
Slate screens feature SI's proprietary Micro Texture surface that is nine times finer and smoother than conventional screen materials. That means 4K Ultra High Definition content will look pinpoint-sharp, with exceptional picture depth. If you're thinking about making the jump to a 4K projector, like one of Sony's SXRD models, a Slate screen makes an ideal match. This black surface enhances picture contrast and black levels.
5 Series fixed screens feature a sturdy 3-1/2"-wide aluminum frame wrapped in non-reflective black velvet. Having black borders frame the viewing area enhances the perceived brightness and colors of on-screen images, and ensures that if your projector's image spills over the edges of the screen a tiny bit, you won't notice it.
This screen ships unassembled, and can be put together using basic hand tools. Screen Innovations' patented EZ-Snap™ tensioning system simplifies installation, and ensures an exceptionally flat, tight surface, for projecting a flawlessly smooth image. Recommended mounting height is 36" to 42" from the floor.
- 120" diagonal image size (16:9 viewing area)
- viewing area: 104-9/16"W x 58-13/16"H
- perforated fabric lets you install in-wall speakers behind the screen with virtually no loss in sound quality
- designed for use with HD and 4K projectors
- Slate black material with screen gain of 0.8
- rejects 70% of ambient room light so it produces a vivid picture even with some lights on
- Micro Texture surface is 9X finer and smoother than typical screens
- optimal viewing angle range is 40° half-angle, 80° total
- aluminum frame is 3-1/2"W x 2"D; wrapped with anti-reflective black velvet
- screen ships unassembled; requires basic hand tools to put together
- EZ-Snap™ tensioning system simplifies installation and ensures a flat, tight surface
- overall dimensions: 112"W x 66"H
- made in USA
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee