Screen Innovations 5 Series
Fixed-frame projector screen with acoustically transparent perforated Slate® gray fabric (133")
Screen Innovations 5 Series - Over 28,000 tiny holes per square foot let sound pass through (shown with Zero Edge frame)
Our take on the Screen Innovations 5 Series by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
A screen that videophiles and audiophiles will love
In a movie theater, the illusion of reality is enhanced by having the front right, left, and center speakers positioned behind the screen. Screen Innovations' acoustically-transparent screen material will provide that same heightened realism in your home theater.
Tiny holes let the sound pass through
This screen's perforated fabric means you can place speakers behind the screen with virtually no loss in sound — or picture — quality. Install in-wall speakers behind the screen and enjoy clean sound and a clean look. A perforated screen is a great option if creating a very realistic soundstage is one of your top priorities.
Screen Innovations' acoustic perforated materials have over 28,000 tiny .55mm diameter holes per square foot. During the development of their perforation technology, SI sent their materials to third-party acoustics labs for testing. Typical impact on frequency response is well within the -3dB range, with maximum attenuation of -6dB at 20,000 Hz.
This effect can be easily corrected by most modern A/V receivers with room correction. Also, many in-wall speakers include a treble compensation switch to adjust for this type of installation.
Watch with the lights on
The main reason you don't see more projectors in homes is that conventional projection screens require a dark room to produce a vivid, colorful picture. Screen Innovations' Slate material lets you enjoy a brilliant, colorful picture even in a room with some lights on. Slate's special optical coatings reject 65% of a room's ambient light, compared to less than 10% rejection using a standard white or gray screen.
Slate screens feature SI's proprietary Micro Texture surface that is nine times finer and smoother than conventional screen materials. That means 4K Ultra High Definition content will look pinpoint-sharp, with exceptional picture depth. If you're thinking about making the jump to a 4K projector, like one of Sony's SXRD models, a Slate screen makes an ideal match. This gunmetal gray surface has 1.2 gain, which gives any projector a slight boost in picture brightness.
5 Series fixed screens feature a sturdy 3-1/2"-wide aluminum frame wrapped in non-reflective black velvet. Having black borders frame the viewing area enhances the perceived brightness and colors of on-screen images, and ensures that if your projector's image spills over the edges of the screen a tiny bit, you won't notice it.
This screen ships unassembled, and can be put together using basic hand tools. Screen Innovations' simple 5-step assembly and mounting process has been designed to accommodate a quick, one-person installation with minimum effort. Recommended mounting height is 36" to 42" from the floor.
- 133" diagonal image size (16:9 viewing area)
- viewing area: 116"W x 65"H
- perforated screen material allows placement of speakers behind the screen with no loss in sound quality
- designed for use with HD and 4K projectors
- Slate gunmetal gray material with screen gain of 1.2
- rejects 65% of ambient room light so it produces a vivid picture even with some lights on
- Micro Texture surface is 9X finer and smoother than typical screens
- optimal viewing angle range is 45° half-angle, 90° total
- flexible, PVC-based screen material
- aluminum frame is 3-1/2"W x 2"D; wrapped with anti-reflective black velvet
- screen ships unassembled; requires basic hand tools to put together
- EZ-Snap™ tensioning system simplifies installation and ensures a flat, tight surface
- overall dimensions: 123-1/4"W x 72-7/16"H
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee