About the Screen Innovations 5 Series
Awesome picture and sound
Awesome picture and sound
In a movie theater, the illusion of reality is enhanced by having the front speakers positioned behind the screen. Perforated screens like this one let you enjoy that same heightened realism in your home theater. It's a screen solution that will please videophiles and audiophiles.
Tiny holes let the sound pass through
This screen's perforated fabric allows sound to pass through the screen. You can place speakers behind the screen with virtually no loss in sound — or picture — quality. Install in-wall speakers behind the screen and enjoy clean sound and a clean look. A perforated screen is a great option if creating a very realistic soundstage is one of your top priorities.
Screen Innovations' acoustic perforated materials have over 28,000 tiny .55mm diameter holes per square foot. During the development of their perforation technology, SI sent their materials to third-party acoustics labs for testing. Typical impact on frequency response is well within the -3dB range, with maximum attenuation of -6dB at 20,000 Hz.
This effect can be easily corrected by most modern A/V receivers with room correction. Also, many in-wall speakers include a treble compensation switch to adjust for this type of installation.
See the finest details, even with 4K — no "man cave" needed
Conventional projection screens require a dark room to produce a vivid, colorful picture. But Screen Innovations' Slate AT screen material allows you to enjoy an outstanding picture even in a room with some lights on. Slate's special optical coatings reject 70% of a room's ambient light, compared to less than 10% rejection using a standard white or gray screen.
Slate AT screens feature SI's proprietary Micro Texture surface that is nine times finer and smoother than conventional screen materials. That means 4K Ultra High Definition content will look pinpoint-sharp, with exceptional picture depth. Actually, Slate AT is rated for 8K video resolution! This black surface enhances picture contrast and black levels.
5 Series fixed screens feature a sturdy 3-1/2"-wide aluminum frame wrapped in non-reflective black velvet. Having black borders frame the viewing area enhances the perceived brightness and colors of on-screen images, and ensures that if your projector's image spills over the edges of the screen a tiny bit, you won't notice it.
This screen ships unassembled, and can be put together using basic hand tools. Screen Innovations' patented EZ-Snap™ tensioning system simplifies installation, and ensures an exceptionally flat, tight surface, for projecting a flawlessly smooth image. Recommended mounting height is 36" to 42" from the floor.
- 160" diagonal image size (16:9 viewing area)
- viewing area: 139-7/16"W x 78-7/16"H
- perforated fabric lets you install in-wall speakers behind the screen with virtually no loss in sound quality
- designed for use with HD, 4K, and 8K projectors
- Slate AT black material with screen gain of 0.8
- rejects 70% of ambient room light so it produces a vivid picture even with some lights on
- Micro Texture surface is 9X finer and smoother than typical screens
- optimal viewing angle range is 40° half-angle, 80° total
- aluminum frame is 3-1/2"W x 2"D; wrapped with anti-reflective black velvet
- screen ships unassembled; requires basic hand tools to put together
- EZ-Snap™ tensioning system simplifies installation and ensures a flat, tight surface
- overall dimensions: 147"W x 85-13/16"H
- made in USA
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 5TF160SL8AT
What's in the box:
- Fixed projection screen (160")
- Frame assembly
- Hardware kit
- Owner's Manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Screen Innovations 5 Series
Screen Innovations (SI): Screen Innovations (SI) is a leading manufacturer of projection screens and associated technologies for residential and commercial applications.
Screen Sizes: The Screen Innovations 5 Series Fixed Projection Screen with Acoustic Perfection and ALR is available in the following screen sizes - 120", 133", and 160" (measured diagonally). The 5 Series Fixed Projection Screen with Acoustic Perfection and ALR is available in the most popular aspect ratio, 16:9, which is the same as most flat-panel televisions.
Slate AT: Slate AT performs exceptionally well as an acoustically transparent material, and it also carries the same ambient light rejecting qualities as its non-acoustic variation - giving you the best image and sound. The Screen Innovations 5 Series Fixed Projection Screen with Acoustic Perfection and ALR is available in Slate AT 1.2 or Slate AT .8.
- Slate AT 1.2: Slate 1.2 replaces the need to settle for a substandard screen in a family room setting, by rejecting 65% of the room's ambient light vs. only <10% light rejection with a white or gray screen.
- Gain = 1.2
- ALR = 65%
- Half Gain = 45 degrees
- Slate AT .8: The second flavor of SI's award winning Slate material, Slate .8 is black in color but reflects all colors of the spectrum.
- Gain = 0.8
- ALR = 70%
- Half Gain = 45 degrees
8K Rated: Slate AT delivers image uniformity and remarkably sharp image reproduction by managing the texture pattern down to 9x finer than standard white or gray materials. It is rated for 8K video resolution.
Ambient Light Rejection (ALR): The Slate AT is an Ambient Light Rejection (ALR) projection screen that prevents ambient light from washing out a projected image, so it can be used in a bright or dark room.
Acoustic Perfection: The projection screen's perforation pattern is much more tightly woven than standard acoustic screens with 30,000 half-millimeter sized holes in just one square foot of space. Your in-wall front and center channel speakers can be positioned directly behind the screen, creating sound that comes directly from the image.
- The effect of the perforated screen has very little attenuation starting at about 1-2kHz and up. Typical impact on frequency response is well within the -3db range with a peak attenuation of -6db at 20kHz.
- This difference is easily corrected by most modern receivers with room correction. Additionally, many architectural speakers feature a treble compensation switch to adjust for this type of installation.
Limited One Year Warranty: Screen Innovations warrants its products, to the original purchaser only, to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase by the original purchaser provided they are properly operated according to Screen Innovations' instructions and are not damaged due to improper handling or treatment after shipment from the factory.