Screen Innovations Zero Edge® Pro
Fixed-frame projector screen with ultra-thin frame and LED backlight, Black Diamond® dark gray material (120")
Our take on the Screen Innovations Zero Edge® Pro by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
Who says projectors only look good in dark rooms?
This high-performance screen combines two of Screen Innovations' breakthrough technologies: The Black Diamond® screen material and the Zero Edge frame. Black Diamond screens have seven advanced optical coatings that work together to reject up to 85% of ambient light, so you can enjoy a vivid, colorful picture in any room, not just a pitch-black basement.
The LED backlight adds ambiance to the room's decor, and reduces eyestrain during rapid on-screen transitions from dark to bright.
With Black Diamond, home theater fans can now choose life-sized projected images in applications where only a flat-panel TV would work before. Black Diamond also scatters less of the projector's light as it's reflected back toward viewers, so that images retain the full sharpness of the projector and source material.
When Screen Innovations visited Crutchfield for training, the trainer demonstrated this feature by shining a laser pointer on several different screen materials. The Black Diamond material definitely displayed the sharpest dot from the pointer.
Compared to a typical matte white screen, Black Diamond increases contrast by 900%. Black Diamond's light-rejection capabilities also help preserve the projector's color accuracy, because ambient light from the room can be affected by things like wall color.
The Zero Edge frame turns a screen into a visual statement
The Zero Edge screen's frame has an ultra-slim 1/2" bezel that makes the screen appear to float in mid-air. For a more dramatic look, switch on the screen's LED light array. It creates a backlight effect when you're watching, or serves as cool ambient lighting when you're not. Control it from the comfort of your couch with the supplied remote.
This screen ships unassembled, and can be put together using basic hand tools. Recommended mounting height is 36" to 42" from the floor.
- 120" diagonal image size (16:9 viewing area)
- viewing area: 104-5/8"W x 58-13/16"H
- ultra-slim Zero Edge frame is 1/2"W x 2"D
- LED backlight has 256,000 programmable color options via the included IR remote
- designed for use with HD and 4K projectors
- Black Diamond material with screen gain of 1.4
- rejects 85% of ambient room light so it produces a vivid picture even with some lights on
- Micro Texture surface is 9X finer and smoother than typical screens
- optimal viewing angle range is 50° half-angle, 100° total
- screen ships unassembled; requires basic hand tools to put together
- overall dimensions: 105-3/4"W x 60"H
- made in USA
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee