About the Naim Uniti Atom
Just add speakers
High-quality parts, hand-wired analog and digital circuitry, and a massive power transformer (lower right) ensure outstanding sound.
Just add speakers
If you're serious about your music but want to keep your system simple, consider the Naim Uniti Atom. It's really three components in one. Its built-in amplifier, conservatively rated at 40 watts, will make all but the most power-hungry speakers sing. Its precision DAC circuitry will extract more musical clarity and presence from digital sources such as a disc player or TV. And with built-in Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth®, you can stream music from your phone or the web with the touch of a button.
Quality construction for amazing sound
Naim's engineers are fanatics when it comes to construction and parts quality. One tipoff is the Uniti Atom's massive power transformer (see photo). It ensures that the power supply is always smooth, stable, and noise-free. Premium Burr-Brown DACs (digital-to-analog converters) and hand-wired analog and digital circuitry contribute to Uniti's extremely accurate sound reproduction.
The front panel's 5” full-color display has a proximity sensor that wakes up on approach, and the big top-mounted volume control is a pleasure to use.
Digital convenience and analog soul
The Uniti Atom is a great way to enjoy some of the higher-quality digital music sources, such as high-res downloads from HDtracks, or TIDAL's lossless streaming service. The Atom can store up to five minutes of data, ensuring high-resolution streaming audio isn't interrupted by buffering. And the system can instantly access up to 20,000 songs from an attached USB drive to keep the music flowing.
Stream music wirelessly from your smartphone or tablet to the Uniti Atom via Bluetooth. The system includes aptX audio coding, an advanced type of Bluetooth wireless streaming that retains virtually all the detail of the audio signal it carries.
Physical inputs include an HDMI ARC port for connecting your TV as an audio source, one coaxial and two Toslink optical digital connections, a pair of USB inputs for plugging in compatible thumb drives, and a stereo analog RCA input.
The Uniti Atom is also AirPlay-compatible for convenient wireless playback from your iPhone®, iPod touch®, iPad®, or computer running iTunes®. And with the Naim app on your Apple portable, you can use Rovi to discover new music and artists based on those you already like.
Multi-room audio with the Naim app
With Naim's free control app downloaded to your smartphone or tablet, you can make your Uniti Atom part of a Naim wireless multi-room audio system. The system uses Google Chromecast built-in transmitting through your home's Wi-Fi®. Chromecast built-in gives you access to all your favorite music services right in the Naim app, such as TIDAL, Spotify, Deezer, Qobuz and more.
Remotely control your Naim components through the app. Group your connected speakers so that the same song plays throughout the house, or only on certain systems. Or have every Naim component accessing a different source and playing a different song. You can also build playlists with the app, and browse thousands of internet radio stations.
What's in a Naim?
Naim Audio has been building audiophile components in Salisbury, Britain since 1973. No matter how well their products perform on the test bench, Naim always makes its final judgments of a product in the listening room.
- stereo integrated amplifier with built-in DAC and wireless music streaming
- 40 watts x 2 into 8 ohms
- massive power transformer with tightly regulated power supply for stable, low-noise power
- built-in Wi-Fi® for wireless music streaming when connected to a home network
- plays MP3, FLAC, ALAC, AAC, AIFF, Ogg Vorbis,, and WAV LPCM audio files
- high-resolution playback up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution
- Bluetooth aptX® technology for high-fidelity streaming with compatible devices
- Apple® AirPlay® for Apple portable devices and computers with iTunes®
- Google Chromecast built-in
- Universal Plug 'n' Play (UPnP™) high-resolution streaming
- instantly access up to 20,000 tracks from USB-connected drive
Naim Control App:
- free download from Apple App® store and Google Play™
- control playback, volume, and EQ
- connect to compatible Naim wireless speakers and components
- remotely access music stored on your PC or NAS drive
- access streaming music services such as Spotify Connect, TIDAL, Qobuz and internet radio stations
- group link up to four NAIM systems to play the same song simultaneously, or control each individually
- discover new music with Rovi search (iOS only)
- 1 HDMI ARC port lets you connect your TV as an audio source
- 2 Toslink optical digital audio inputs (2-channel PCM only)
- 2 USB ports for playing music files from drives (one front, one rear)
- 1 coaxial RCA
- stereo audio RCA
- 4mm plug speaker terminals
- stereo RCA sub/pre output
- front-panel minijack headphone output
- AC power adapter included
- 9-5/8"W x 3-3/4"H x 10-3/16"D
- weight: 15.4 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 00-004-0241
What's in the box:
- Integrated network amplifier
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Remote control
- 4 "AAA" batteries
- 2 Speaker plugs
- Cleaning cloth
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Manual
- Warranty/Registration Card
- Naim brochure
- Spotify brochure
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Naim Uniti Atom reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Naim Uniti Atom
Features & specs
|Watts RMS per Channel (8-ohms)||40|
|Watts RMS per Channel (6-ohms)||Not given|
|Watts RMS per Channel (4-ohms)||Not given|
|Minimum Impedance||8 ohms|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||Not Given|
|DAC Bit Depth||24-bit|
|DAC Sample Rate||384 kHz|
|Digital Music Features|
|Built-in DAC (Digital to Analog Converter)||Yes|
|Total Analog Inputs||1|
|Optical Digital Inputs||2|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||1|
|Preamp Outputs||Stereo RCA|
|Home Theater Bypass||No|
|Removable Power Cord||IEC 3-prong|
|Apple AirPlay 2||No|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Quality Construction: The Naim Uniti Atom has been impeccably crafted with materials chosen to complement its reference-level sound performance. The extruded aluminum heat sinks that run down the length of the product extract heat to maximize thermal stability for increased longevity and sonic performance. The beautifully brushed aluminum top plates are CNC-fabricated for absolute precision and provide a perfect enclosure for the delicate components inside. As well as preventing radio frequency interruption, the casework also houses built-in antennas for WiFi and Bluetooth to provide a more aesthetic pleasing look.
Class A/B Amplification: The Uniti Atom uses a powerful 40 watt x 2 channel A/B class amplifier with technology taken from Naim's iconic integrated amplifiers. From the substantial transformer, which ensures that the power supply is always smooth and stable, to the sophisticated, hand-wired analogue and digital circuitry, every element of the design in Uniti Atom has been considered for its effect on sound quality.
40-Bit SHARC DSP: The Uniti Atom features a incredibly powerful and extremely accurate fourth generation 40-bit SHARC DSP. It performs a staggering 2.7 billion calculations per second, giving it enough power to resolve the most complex music signals with ease
Burr Brown DAC: A premium Burr Brown DAC, as well as the finest-quality SMD circuitry is used to deliver exceptional audiophile level sound quality. premium Burr Brown DAC to deliver exceptional audiophile level sound quality. In addition, unique Naim software minimizes jitter (timing errors inherent in digital music streaming) and up-samples incoming data to ensure optimum sound quality.
Isolated Analog & Digital Circuitry: Extreme care has been taken to protect sensitive components in the audio signal path from digital circuitry-isolated circuit boards for both analog and digital signals, optical isolators to transfer information between the two sides of the products, and careful testing and analysis by Naim audio experts to catch any stray interference.
Precision Volume Control: A premium rotary volume control adjusts the volume level in the analog domain to a digital resolution. It features ultra-smooth rotation and backlit illumination. The lit volume segments are reflected in the same fashion on Uniti Atom's intuitive remote control and will adjust accordingly on the top surface ring if the volume is changed remotely.
Speaker Outputs: The Uniti Atom is equipped with left (+/-) and right (+/-) 4mm speaker terminals and comes with two detachable speaker plugs that allow connection of bare speaker wire only (not compatible with single or dual banana plugs). Connect 8-ohm speakers only.
Preamp Outputs: The Uniti Atom's preamp outputs allow you to connect an external power amplifier for even higher sound quality or a powered subwoofer for deeper bass extension.
Headphone Amplifier: The Uniti Atom features a new upgraded headphone amplifier with significantly improved bass extension. It has a front panel 3.5mm headphone jack to connect a set of headphones for private listening. The speaker and preamp outputs are deactivated when a set of headphones are connected.
Multiroom Ready: Combine the Uniti Atom with other Uniti wireless music systems or Naim audio streaming products for the ultimate multiroom experience. Play music between any combination of compatible Uniti and Naim devices in up to five rooms of your home. Choose the same song in perfect sync or play different music in different rooms, all via the Naim app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device.
Note: The Uniti Atom's local analog & digital inputs, plus its Airplay & Bluetooth streaming inputs are not available for multiroom broadcast.
Power Requirements: The Naim Uniti Atom wireless integrated amplifier operates off of standard household current using its integrated power supply and detachable AC power cord.
Note: This system is not battery powered.
Wired or Wireless Network Connectivity: The Naim Uniti Atom is fitted with a RJ-45 Ethernet jack (10/100Mbps) and features built-in dual-band (2.4/5.0GHz) WiFi (802.11 b/g/n/ac) for a wired or wireless connection to your home's network. Either connection allows you to connect to your home's network router and internet provider for access to select online music services, internet radio, UPnP music servers, AirPlay, and Chromecast built-in. It also offers internal buffering for fewer drop outs.
UPnP (Universal Plug-n-Play): The Uniti Atom is UPnP compatible, which enables you to play your digital music library stored on UPnP servers (such as the Naim UnitiServe, network servers with integrated UPnP software, or on Windows and OS X computers) through the Uniti Atom and connected speakers. You can stream a variety of compressed, lossless, and high-res music files (up to 32-bit/384kHz resolution). UPnP file browsing can be carried out using the Naim App. Once playback has been initiated by a play command on the Naim App, the Uniti Atom touch panel, play/ pause, next and previous controls can also be used to control playback. Supported music file formats include -
- DSD: 64, 128
- WAV: up to 32-bit/384kHz
- FLAC, AIFF: up to 24-bit/384kHz
- ALAC (Apple Lossless): up to 24-bit/96kHz
- MP3, AAC: up to 48kHz/320kbps (16-bit)
- OGG, WMA: up to 48kHz (16-bit)
Note: Windows Media Player version 11 or above incorporates built in UPnP support. A variety of third party UPnP applications are available that are compatible with both Windows and OS X operating systems.
Online Music Services: The Naim Uniti Atom offers support for select online music services - like Spotify Connect, Tidal, Qobuz (via firmware update) and iRadio (Internet Radio).
- Spotify Connect: Uniti Atom offers Spotify Connect support, so you can stream millions of songs from your portable device with ease. You will need to subscribe to Spotify Premium and have the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone, so you can stream Spotify to the Uniti Atom system. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists. Spotify Connect can be selected from the Naim App, but will also select and play automatically when the Uniti Atom receives a Spotify Connect stream initiated from the Spotify app on your Apple iOS/Android device or Windows/Mac computer.
- Tidal: The Tidal lossless streaming service is integrated into the system for an immersive, high-quality sound experience. Tidal is a global streaming service that offers over 30 million songs in high-fidelity CD sound quality. Tidal has two pricing tiers; either $9.99 or $19.99 a month. Both pricing levels allow you to access Tidal's entire music library. The $19.99 tier has the added benefit of high-fidelity sound at CD-level quality. To play a Tidal stream, select the Tidal input on the Naim App, sign-in to your Tidal account and select music to play.
- Qobuz (available firmware update): Qobuz offers the biggest catalog of Hi-Fi and Hi-Res albums in the world, both for new releases and specialized genres. For hundreds of thousands of albums, Qobuz includes all the information you need to recreate the appeal of a real CD - the names of musicians, producers, lyrics (everything you need to know to appreciate your favorite albums). Qobuz offers MP3, CD, and Hi-Res quality subscriptions.
- Internet Radio (iRadio): iRadio lets you tune in to thousands of available internet radio stations and podcasts or curate your favorites for quick access later.
Chromecast Built-in: New for Uniti is native support for Google's latest technology, Chromecast built-in. This streaming service allows you to seamlessly link to hundreds of supported apps from your smartphone or tablet and stream directly to Uniti Atom. Simply tap the "Cast" button from a Chromecast Built-in compatible music app to start streaming to the Uniti Atom. You can even adjust the volume or change the song, right from your mobile device. And with Chromecast built-in, you can keep using your phone to send texts, answer calls, and scroll through social media without disturbing your music.
- Supported Content: Chromecast Built-in offers Internet Radio apps like TuneIn & iHeart Radio; plus online music service apps like Pandora, Spotify (requires Premium subscription), Tidal, YouTube Music, and more. You can even mirror exactly what's playing on your Android phone or tablet to the Uniti Atom. Or, if you're on your laptop or computer, you can also cast any music streaming website through the Chrome browser.
- Google Home: Multiple Chromecast Built-in devices can be added to the same WiFi network to form a multiroom audio system using the Google Home app. Using the Google Home app for Apple iOS 9.1+ and Android OS 4.0.3+, you can sync multiple devices with Chromecast Built-in in multiple rooms of your home to play the same song throughout your house at the same time. Only Chromecast Built-in compatible music apps are supported.
- Voice Control (Optional): Purchase a Google Assistant enabled smart speaker (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) and gain voice control of compatible Chromecast Built-in music apps. You'll be able to access a specific music app and then select a specific station or song using only your voice. You'll also have voice control over Play, Pause, Skip, & Volume. The Uniti Atom & the Google Home Speaker must be connected to the same wireless (WiFi) network.
Note: Chromecast Built-in is a cloud based function and requires that the Uniti Atom and your Apple iOS or Android mobile device are on the same wireless network, and have access to the Internet.
AirPlay: AirPlay lets you stream your favorite songs directly from your Apple iOS (4.3.3+) device or from your iTunes (10.2.2+) library on your Windows PC or Mac computer to the Naim Uniti Atom and connected speakers, over your home's wireless network connection. From your Apple iOS device you are able to stream stored music on your device, downloaded music apps, and music on your iCloud to the Uniti Atom. From your Windows or Mac you can stream your stored iTunes music library on your computer to the Naim Uniti Atom; you can even download Apple's free Remote App onto your compatible iOS device to browse and control playback functions of the music stored in your iTunes music
Roon Ready: Roon is a feature rich music library and playback application that compiles all the music files available to your network and makes them easily available to play on the Uniti Atom and any other Roon enabled audio devices. Roon manages digital music files (including FLAC, WAV, AIFF, ALAC, and DSD) collected on hard drives and networked storage devices. It can also watch your iTunes library, and optionally integrate with the Tidal and Qobuz music streaming services. Roon is available for mobile, laptop or desktop devices. When you open the Roon app, it will display your complete audio library together with its metadata and artwork along with all the available Uniti Atom and Roon enabled devices. Simply select the music you wish to play and the Uniti Atom or Roon device in which you want to hear it on.
Note: To use Roon you will need a Roon Core running on the same network as the Uniti Atom. The Core is media server software that runs on your computer, NAS, or component (like Nucleus or ROCK - sold separately), located on the network within your home.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Naim Uniti Atom features built-in Bluetooth with support for wireless music streaming (A2DP) from a Bluetooth-enabled source device. You'll be able to stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth source device to the Uniti Atom. You can pair up to eight Bluetooth devices, but only one can be connected at a time. Basic playback control (Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track) can be done from the included remote. You will still use your Bluetooth device for advanced music browsing and to view song/artist info.
- SBC & AAC Codecs: In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the Uniti Atom offers support of AAC. By supporting AAC, the unit offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
- aptX HD Compatible: The Uniti Atom also supports aptX HD for lossless, high resolution (24-bit/48kHz) wireless music streaming from aptX HD compatible smartphones, tablets, computers, and laptops. It is also backward compatible with CD quality (16-bit/48kHz) aptX found on many Android devices.
- Bluetooth cannot be selected from the Naim App, but is selected automatically when the Uniti Atom receives a Bluetooth audio stream.
- Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Naim Uniti Atom.
- The Naim Uniti Atom does not support Bluetooth hands-free phone communication.
Dual USB-A Ports: The Uniti Atom features a front-panel and rear-panel USB-A port that can be used to connect a USB mass storage class (MSC) device, such as a USB thumbdrive or USB hard disc drive. The Uniti Atom supports playback of a variety of compressed, lossless, and high-res music files stored on a USB msc device. The system can handle NTFS, HFS, and FAT32 formatted USB drives. It can recognize up to 2,000 music files. Supported music file formats include -
- DSD: 64, 128
- WAV: up to 32-bit/384kHz
- FLAC, AIFF: up to 24-bit/384kHz
- ALAC (Apple Lossless): up to 24-bit/96kHz
- MP3, AAC: up to 48kHz/320kbps (16-bit)
- OGG, WMA: up to 48kHz (16-bit)
Note: The USB ports do not support connection and playback of Apple iOS and Android devices or computers and laptops.
HDMI ARC: The Uniti Atom is equipped with a rear-panel HDMIA ARC port for connecting your TV, so you can enjoy your TV show and movie soundtracks through this high-performance, audiophile-grade integrated amplifier.
Analog & Digital Audio Inputs: The Uniti Atom is outfitted with an analog stereo RCA input for connection of almost any audio device with a analog output. The Uniti Atom also features two optical (toslink) digital inputs and one coaxial (RCA) digital input for connection to a Blu-ray player, CD player, or TV. The optical digital inputs will support up to 24-bit/96kHz (2ch only), while the coaxial digital input supports up to 24-bit/192kHz (2ch only) - Dolby Digital, DTS, and other multichannel audio formats not supported.
Note: The Uniti Atom does not offer a Phono input, so if you want to connect a turntable you'll need an external phono preamp (sold separately) or turntable with a built-in preamp.
5" LCD Glass Display w/ Front-Panel Buttons: A full-color 5" LCD glass display provides song/artist information as well as album artwork. The LCD glass display has proximity sensors and will therefore wake up as someone approaches the system to display music metadata, audio input information and more. There is also a selection of front-panel buttons including Favorites, Stop, and Play.
Remote Control: The Naim Uniti Atom comes with an RF remote control for wireless operation of the network amplifier which pairs automatically out of the box. The remote offers white backlit buttons and provides playback control over USB & Bluetooth audio sources, Internet Radio, and select Online music services.
Naim App for Apple iOS & Android: The Naim Audio app, available for Apple iOS 7.1+ and Android 4.0+ devices, provides simple yet comprehensive control over both your music and the network-connected Naim Uniti Atom and other network-enabled Naim Uniti products (sold separately). You can access all of your music, including your favorite radio stations, streaming services and playlists, or explore artist discographies and biographies.
Roon Remote: With Roon installed on your Mac or PC, the Roon Remote app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) will let you browse your Roon music library from your iPad or iPhone.
- Only one Naim App from one mobile device can be connected to a single Uniti device at any time.
- If a streaming source such as AirPlay or Spotify is selected automatically on the Uniti Atom by the presence of a stream, the Naim App display will switch to the appropriate streaming source page and offer the controls available to that stream type.
Gapless Playback: The Naim Uniti Atom offers support for Gapless playback of DSD, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, MP3, AAC, WMA, & OGG music files via USB or UPnP. Gapless playback lets the tracks flow seamlessly, one to the next, without any silence between. Perfect for classical music & live recordings.
Firmware Updates: Firmware & software updates can be performed over a network connection through the Naim app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device.
Auto Standby: If there is no audio signal or operation for 20 minutes, the Uniti Atom automatically enters standby mode.
19 questions already asked