About the McIntosh MCD350
Hear every bit of music on your discs
Hear every bit of music on your discs
If your listening room's shelves are filled with shiny discs — CDs, and especially SACDs — McIntosh's MCD350 player can provide deeper levels of listening pleasure for every one. When you slip a disc into the player's rugged die-cast aluminum tray, you'll see and feel the McIntosh tradition of superior construction. And of course, the MCD350 upholds their tradition of uncompromising sound quality.
Maximum musical mojo
The MCD350 combines advanced digital and analog technology to extract the maximum amount of music information from your discs. The twin-laser optical pickup has separate laser units optimized for either SACD or CD. Discs are actually spun and read at twice normal speed, allowing the disc data to be stored in a buffer memory for better error correction processing and tracking.
Both fixed and variable balanced and unbalanced analog outputs are available to give you plenty of flexibility when connecting this player to your system. Coaxial and optical digital outputs are provided if you prefer to send the audio signal from your CDs to an external DAC, preamp, or home theater processor with digital inputs.
A world-famous audio heritage, made in America
Since its founding in 1949, McIntosh has defined the meaning of high-quality sound reproduction, while setting industry standards for superior performance and reliability. The company is based in Binghamton, New York, where its high-end components and speakers are still individually handcrafted by a team of skilled experts. This uncompromising dedication to quality has made McIntosh one of the most recognized and respected audio manufacturers in the world.
- plays SACDs, hybrid SACDs, audio CDs, CD-Rs & CD-RWs, and MP3 & WMA CDs
- high-precision disc mechanism with sturdy die-cast aluminum disc tray
- disc audio data is read at twice normal speed for better error correction and tracking
- twin-laser optical pickup (one for SACD, one for CD)
- 32-bit/192kHz DAC for high-accuracy digital-to-analog conversion
- linear power supply with special R-Core power transformer and multiple regulators to ensure stable noise-free operation
- fiber optic illuminated glass front panel and mirror-finish stainless steel chassis for a beautiful appearance and long-term durability
- fixed unbalanced stereo RCA and balanced XLR audio outputs
- optical and coaxial digital audio outputs (for CD)
- frequency response:
- SACD: 4-40,000 Hz (+0.5, -2 dB)
- CD: 4-20,000 Hz (±0.5 dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: better than 108 dB
- dynamic range: better than 100 dB
- Power Control input jack receives turn-on signals from a McIntosh component
- Power Control output jack sends turn-on signals to another McIntosh component
- Data In jack receives control data from a McIntosh Control Center
- IR input for connecting an IR receiver
- remote control
- detachable power cord
- handcrafted at McIntosh's Binghamton, New York factory
- 17-1/2"W x 6"H x 19"D
- weight: 28 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MCD350
What's in the box:
- CD/SACD player
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control
- Owner's Manual
More details on the McIntosh MCD350
Features & specs
|CD Transport Only||No|
Single Disc |
|Direct Track Access||Remote|
|Direct Disc Access||N/A|
|Multiple CD Player Control||---|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|CD Frequency Response||4-20k Hz|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||108 dB|
|SACD Frequency Response||4-40k Hz|
|SACD Dynamic Range||100 dB|
|SACD THD||0.003 %|
|Analog RCA Output||Yes|
|Analog XLR Output||Yes|
|Digital Optical Output||Yes|
|Digital Coaxial Output||Yes|
Twin Laser Pickup: The McIntosh MCD350 SACD/CD Player delivers a pure playback experience from your SACDs and CDs. A twin laser optical pickup uses a single objective lens with two laser units each employing different wavelengths that are optimized for SACD and CD playback. The McIntosh MCD350 supports playback of CD-Audio and SACD discs. The McIntosh MCD350 also supports MP3 & WMA music files recorded onto CD-R and CD-RW discs, in ISO9660 Level 1 standard.
Advanced Transport: The McIntosh MCD350 has the latest in advanced digital servo for faster, quieter and accurate operation. The Disc Audio Data is read at twice the normal rate insuring better disc tracking and error correction processing. The MCD350 features 2x read speed so that all discs placed in its rigid aluminum die-cast tray are read at higher speeds allowing their data to be stored in a buffer memory for a better error correction and tracking.
Balanced 32-Bit/192kHz DAC: The McIntosh MCD350 features a balanced 2-channel, 32-bit/192kHz Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) to reproduce your music with great clarity. The 32-bit/192kHz Digital to Analog Converter is used in a Stereo Balanced Mode, assuring the music is reproduced with a wide dynamic range and extremely low distortion.
Classic McIntosh Design: The MCD350 CD/SACD player incorporates classic McIntosh design cues, including a black glass front-panel with an illuminated logo and aluminum end caps.
Linear Power Supply: The linear power supply has both a special R-Core power transformer and multiple regulators to ensure stable noise free operation even though the power line varies.
Gold-Plated Analog/Digital Outputs: All analog inputs and the digital coax output are gold plated for superior corrosion resistance.
- Balanced & Unbalanced Analog Outputs: The MCD350 includes fixed balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA analog stereo outputs. The balanced XLR outputs permit long cable lengths without a loss in sound quality.
- Optical & Coaxial Digital Outputs: Digital coax (RCA) and optical (toslink) outputs are also included on the back of the player if an external DAC is preferred. Both digital outputs support up to 24-Bit/192kHz PCM (2ch).
Custom Integration: The McIntosh MCD350 offers advanced connectivity and control features often required for custom home integration.
- Power Control: The MCD350 has the ability to automatically switch power on or off to and from source components via the Power Control In/Out connections (3.5mm).
- Data Port: The MCD350's Data Out Port (3.5mm) sends remote control signals to a McIntosh source component. This Data Port connection allows for the remote operation of basic functions using the MCD350's remote control.
- IR Input: The 3.5mm IR input allows the connection of an external IR receiver. With an external sensor connected to the MCD350, remote control operation of the system is possible from another room and/or when the MCD350 is located in a cabinet with the doors closed. The signal from a connected external IR receiver will have priority over the signal from the player's front-panel IR sensor.
Mounting Options: The McIntosh MCD350 can be placed upright on a table or shelf, standing on its four feet. It also can be custom installed in a piece of furniture or cabinet of your choice. The four feet may be removed from the bottom of the MCD350 when it is custom installed. Always provide adequate ventilation for your MCD350. Allow at least 2" above the top, 2" below the bottom, and 1" on each side of the CD player, so that airflow is not obstructed.
AC Power Cord + Auto Power Off: The McIntosh MCD350 features a detachable AC power cord with 3-pole IEC connector. The MCD350 incorporates an Auto Off feature, which automatically places the player into the Power Saving Standby/Off Mode after approximately 30 minutes of inactivity or no audio signal.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked